Fender Bender
2651 posts

Re: Picture taking by strangers

Feb 5, 2013

Legally, people may have some control over the use of their image in photos taken in public or private spaces.

The catch here is that there are no actual people in Home's public spaces, just avatars. And we do not technically own our avatars. We are simply using data, bandwidth, memory (or whatever the proper description would be) from Sony. I can't see how we would have any recourse whatsoever from the virtual photography of our avatars. Sony, on the other hand, could certainly have something to say about Home's avatars being used in a commercial manner. That would apply to us using our own avatars for some purposes outside of Home.

castle3
Message 11 of 74 (347 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29264 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 5, 2013

Just ignore them as long as they aren't bothing you verbally or otherwise. I have that happen often enough when I'm doing a photo shoot in a public space. It's not against the rules to take pictures of someone. You could ask them to stop but that might simply encourage them to interact with you more.

Message 12 of 74 (341 Views)
Fender Bender
2058 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Strider,

There are several points I'd like to make in reply to you.

1. When you are vidoetaped or photographed in public, they do not have the right to release the videos or photos, except to the proper authorities or with the permission of those so videotaped or photgraphed.

2. You are misusing the term "public domain", perhaps you should "google" it.

3. I didn't say that I made an objection or didn't allow him to take a picture of my avatar, but I certainly have the right to prevent it, if I choose. I can't turn, move, dance, change into a male avatar, leave the space... you get the idea.

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 13 of 74 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
233 posts

Feb 5, 2013

I see no problem. I typically take tons of pictures in Home, especially if I see a scene I like, some outfits I like, if they look good on the background, if the lighting is nice...first person mode + zoom is an amazing feature on Home cameras, I can stand a good ways away and get a very discreet photo. Of course, I don't typically share my photos except maybe one or two in a Facebook album, I just kind of keep them to look at. But if they want to take pictures let them take pictures, that's what the camera is there for. I'm not too fond when people get right up in your face and do it, though...that's why I try my best to be discreet about it.

Message 14 of 74 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Feb 5, 2013

VioletWinds wrote:

Strider,

There are several points I'd like to make in reply to you.

1. When you are vidoetaped or photographed in public, they do not have the right to release the videos or photos, except to the proper authorities or with the permission of those so videotaped or photgraphed.

2. You are misusing the term "public domain", perhaps you should "google" it.

3. I didn't say that I made an objection or didn't allow him to take a picture of my avatar, but I certainly have the right to prevent it, if I choose. I can't turn, move, dance, change into a male avatar, leave the space... you get the idea.

I think you mean that you have the ability to try to prevent it. I don't believe you have any right to prevent it however. Also, despite previous advice, I don't believe just snapping pics of people in a public space would be considered harrassment. It's a tool that is provided us and I know of no disclaimer or part of the TOS which states we are to cease it's use if asked to do so.

Message 15 of 74 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

Feb 6, 2013

Over thinking picture taking in home. 

Not to many PS3 black market home photo buyers.

Message 16 of 74 (293 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Feb 6, 2013

Snowstone wrote:

Pfft!! Do you know what an original ''Jersquall in Bell Ringer tighties'' goes for these days?

HomeStationMagazine
Message 17 of 74 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Feb 6, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

Snowstone wrote:

Pfft!! Do you know what an original ''Jersquall in Bell Ringer tighties'' goes for these days?

I'm going to guess upwards of 3 buttons and a bent paperclip.:smileywink:

Message 18 of 74 (277 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

Feb 6, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

Snowstone wrote:

A little less than a Snowstone in female gold shorts from the X7.

Top Dollar !

Message 19 of 74 (273 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Feb 6, 2013

myalana wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

Snowstone wrote:

I'm going to guess upwards of 3 buttons and a bent paperclip.:smileywink:

Almost, myalana. in about 2 months more >.> markets are down :smileyvery-happy:

HomeStationMagazine
Message 20 of 74 (271 Views)