Jun 14 2009
By: FreshRevenge Treasure Hunter 4860 posts

Picture Frames Censorship

52 replies 19 views Edited Jun 14, 2009

This thread is a serious issue and not to be dealt immaturely. 

I read a thread about personal pictures and people reporting for mature content?

Now since this is a personal space I think that if you want to hang a picture of something that is offensive to some than how is Sony going to supervise your own decorated space?

In public places I  can understand the censorship of some material due to parental supervision but in your own space do you think you should express yourself without being condemned, by a random reporting from a supposed frien? Actually I think individuals really need to evaluate their friends list and weed out the passer byers from the real friend!

I am thinking that if you invite a friend over you need to let him or her know of the content in your own space so they don't get appalled or offended! Sony isn't going to moderate every Ps3 system out there just to see what a person has in their Picture frame? So how can you handle this without making some users feel he/she can't put something up of their interest or liking without worring about what someone they just met online is going to think?

What do you think would solve this issue?  What are your suggestions on this issue?

Now I went to edit this main page with more of my thoughts on this matter everything that is highlighted yellow is added. I know we got some threads that are labled How to report offensive pictures in the frames. In my opinion this isn't solving this issue but honestly condemning users from expressing their own spaces. Now I have purchase all the spaces for 4.99 except for that free one that was there for a week! So I think I flat out own those spaces plus all the clothing and furniture that I purchase! Now correct me if I am wrong but every room is downloaded to my hard drive?  So if I have a log cabin then that isn't public to everyone else but me and my so called buddys who I invite over to chat than no one is going to show up unexpected? 

We live in a world that we have billions of people living on this planet, now to expect everyone to have the same beliefs or opinions is kinda absurd! How is that harmful when you got pictures of games that blow people away and everything and violence is okay in a game( now this is another subject I dare not to get into here!). The maturity of some posters here think Reporting is the only way to solve this issue but I think as individuals we can take proper measures that whoever is in your space would have similar interests that he/she isn't going to get offended that they feel the need to report? 

Another poster in this thread stated that they have a flag that some may feel offended when seeing it.So should users feel they need to act like someone their not in their own space or Home? I can understand in the public some moderation is needed but to go into other peoples spaces and dictating what or what not can be displayed is just sounds immature! I think we can solve this with a better direction than just saying I am going to report you because you have Megan Fox in your personal space!

I wanted to add more of my thoughts to this subject so everything in Red in new!
We have people that just think TOA are real laws?I do consider insulting someone for their interests or beliefs offensive. Having a Game like Gta 4 out gets a rating of M for Mature adults but again and again we have people under the age of 18 buying the game or getting their hands on the game! The game is filled with so much violence and things that are offensive but the gaming industry allows it be sold. And a Company like Sony makes money from it. The whole point of this thread is offer solutions not to condemned someone for having something you don't agree with!

Solutions

1. invite friends who know of your interests or have the same tastes.
2. Don't invite strangers to your space, anyone can play Killzone 2 but not everyone is going to be like you!
3. Make one pad a neutral pad so nothing is offensive so once you can trust your buddy invite him to your place that might have the Awesome pictures you don't dare show everyone!

Message Edited by FreshRevenge on 06-13-2009 05:41 PM
Message Edited by FreshRevenge on 06-13-2009 05:44 PM
Message Edited by FreshRevenge on 06-13-2009 06:56 PM
Message Edited by shungokusatsu on 06-13-2009 11:17 PM
 photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 42 of 53 (19 Views)
Wastelander
854 posts

Re: Mature Content in Picture Frames(YaY or Nay)

Jun 13, 2009

easy enough problem solver. if you own more than one space that is

1. place all of your "happy" pictures in one, like the harbor studio where you can gaze at the image that you love so much but are afraid to show others in fear of a report

2. place "not so happy" pictures in a 2nd palce (summerhome, log cabin, chamber)

just remember not to invite people to your harbor studio and life is fine and dandy

Message 1 of 53 (19 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1191 posts

Jun 13, 2009
I understand the idea that people should be able to put whatever they want into their personal spaces so as long as they don't display it in front of other users. However, isn't mature content against Home's TOS?
Message 2 of 53 (19 Views)
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Jun 13, 2009
totally agree with you hun on this and other topics
Message 3 of 53 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
627 posts

Jun 13, 2009

Its their private space, they can do whatever they want (post whatever they want). If you feel offended you can leave their space and before going into their space you're giving a choice to whether accept or not. I don't know why people would report a person for having certain photos in their own private space, it's not like the person is harming anyone and it's not in public. 

It's like going to someone's house and ask them to remove their private photos cause it's making you feel umconfortable, that's rude.

I don't really care what people do in their private space, it does not concern me.

It's neither "yay or nay" for me. I feel neutral about this...

Message 4 of 53 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4860 posts

Jun 13, 2009

Spidey817 wrote:
I understand the idea that people should be able to put whatever they want into their personal spaces so as long as they don't display it in front of other users. However, isn't mature content against Home's TOS?

as much as you might have a point, we will still have users that will decorate as they wish!

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 5 of 53 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4310 posts

Jun 13, 2009

there are sooo many picture out there that it is almost rediculous that they have to post nudity in their personal spaces. Can no one be mature about this? Maturity meaning keep your p0rn to yourself. Don't put it in Home. Its not that hard. Now if you want to post picture of beuatiful ladies, feel free, but not p0rn.

I suggest you should have just made a comment in the thread Glasswalls started instead of starting a new one where a discusion about that very thing is already on going here:HOW TO: Reporting offensive images in Picture Frames 

Message 6 of 53 (19 Views)
Splicer
70 posts

Jun 13, 2009
i feel it is the right of the individual who decorates his/her space to decorate it any way they see fit. if they choose to put contraversal photos in their picture frames that should be their decision and no one has the right to report someone who is simply expressing themselves.
Message 7 of 53 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4841 posts

Jun 13, 2009
im pretty sure they dont want Mature Content put in picture frames and if it gets to out of hand where alot people get reported for it they might just take them off us or give us pictures to put in it
Message Edited by smack69er on 06-13-2009 03:50 PM
Message Edited by smack69er on 06-13-2009 03:51 PM
♣♦

The Realm Of AnarchY

♠♥
Message 8 of 53 (19 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1084 posts

Jun 13, 2009

Harbour studio is a free defaukt space. The Summer home is $4.99 and should be considered your personal property because you own it.

There is an age limit for home that i am aware of. 

So i would think if it is your personal pictures in YOUR space you should be able to use whatever pictures you want.

Message 9 of 53 (19 Views)
0 Likes