Wastelander
571 posts

Re: Picture Frame Discussion

Mar 24, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:
Whats your favorite picture frame? Least favorite?

Best one in my opinion is the Luxurious large picture frame by Granzella for the Paris apartment. Its huge, versatile and is only .99c

Have a picture? I would like to see how big the frame is. Smiley Happy 

Message 11 of 42 (1,379 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2961 posts

Mar 24, 2013

Peakvox has 2 HD TV's in there alien abduction game that look real good. The smaller one is at lvl 40 the full sized one is at lvl 45 I believe. More importantly there free you just have to put a whole lot of time in the game...

AlphaZone4.com | Home Item Database
Map
Map

Schlachlen-Haus fünf ................................

Message 12 of 42 (1,306 Views)
Fender Bender
3345 posts

Mar 24, 2013

strider367 wrote:

Peakvox has 2 HD TV's in there alien abduction game that look real good. The smaller one is at lvl 40 the full sized one is at lvl 45 I believe. More importantly there free you just have to put a whole lot of time in the game...

I also like that these O-TWO frames are backlit.

Message 13 of 42 (1,165 Views)
Fender Bender
2036 posts

Mar 24, 2013
My favorite picture frame would have to be the "Heart Photo Frame" by Granzella, I believe it was the reward from valentines day for taking a picture in edo of nippons picture booth.

It's rather large and the reflection off of it looks really nice.

(Sadly I could'nt display the picture in it.) Cat Sad

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 42 (736 Views)
Fender Bender
1148 posts

Mar 24, 2013

This Thread is what I'm talkin' about !

At first, I thought what kind of nut of interest would a thread about picture frames garner.

Wow ! was I wrong. I love learning new ways to make my spaces look better.

Cooties Kudos galore, and my thanks to everyone for the knowledge I've gained.

Yay ( Cheer ) ( Backflip ) Smiley Happy

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 15 of 42 (495 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
5948 posts

Mar 24, 2013

Lil_The_Pill wrote:

This Thread is what I'm talkin' about !

At first, I thought what kind of nut of interest would a thread about picture frames garner.

Wow ! was I wrong. I love learning new ways to make my spaces look better.

Cooties Kudos galore, and my thanks to everyone for the knowledge I've gained.

Yay ( Cheer ) ( Backflip ) Smiley Happy

Sometimes you feel like nut sometimes you don't.Woman Tongue

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 16 of 42 (288 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

Mar 24, 2013

D-Nitrate D-Noted:

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:
The Codeglue frames are nice and bright but not as large as other frames. The Amaterasu yacht frames are big but sometimes too dark in certain rooms.

Codeglue has several sizes. The 50" one isn't that big, however the 70" is one of the largest frames available in Home, and they even came out with three different 80" versions.  The 80" versions also have different colored backlighting.  I have not used the 80" versions, but the 70" is my favorite frame due to it's size and its backlighting which really helps a lot when displaying images, as most frames darken the images.  It's 16x9 aspect ratio wont match most camera aspect ratios, so unless your camera takes pics in 16x9 you will have to live with left and right bars, or clipping some of the photo, or stretching it, but that always looks bad to me.

The only issues I have with the Codeglue frames are for one, that the label that is on the frame (to make it look more like a TV) looks funny if you place the fram vertically, as it is then displayed on it's side.  Also, it has a very modern look, so it can look out of place in spaces that aren't modern looking.

There used to be a thread from several years ago that had some great tips on displaying photos in Home which included the native resolution of all the frames (of course back then there were not many to chose from like there are today).  Konowing the native resolution of a frame is great if you want to get the max image quality by using your computer to resize your images to match (as the built-in scaler for frames in Home does a very poor job and lowers the image quality).

;^) Thanks for the details. I'll have to check those out.

My current favorite is from Loot. It's larger than most, has a thin satin chrome frame and a large white matte board border around your image. I use these with my scanned pencil sketches, makes them look like huge lithographs. Very artsy.

I'm always looking for larger, brighter picture frames, so this thread is welcome.

Message 17 of 42 (265 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Mar 24, 2013

strider367 wrote:

So you're telling me some of those T.V./monitor things I've been collecting all this time are not just big dumb paperweights, but might actually function as a display device for any picture I have on my Playstation Hard Drive?? How have I never seen that mentioned in the item description? I have to try this out when I get on tonight!

Message 18 of 42 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 24, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

There used to be a thread from several years ago that had some great tips on displaying photos in Home which included the native resolution of all the frames (of course back then there were not many to chose from like there are today).  Konowing the native resolution of a frame is great if you want to get the max image quality by using your computer to resize your images to match (as the built-in scaler for frames in Home does a very poor job and lowers the image quality).

I found it: HOW TO: Make high quality Picture Frames (56k Warning)

(56k Warning tells you how old it is, but still quite relevant)

Also, here is a more recent related thread: Complete Picture Frame Guide

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 19 of 42 (245 Views)
Welcoming Committee
5948 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 24, 2013

JulianMatisse wrote:

strider367 wrote:

So you're telling me some of those T.V./monitor things I've been collecting all this time are not just big dumb paperweights, but might actually function as a display device for any picture I have on my Playstation Hard Drive?? How have I never seen that mentioned in the item description? I have to try this out when I get on tonight!

The Codeglue Tv frames match with my loot Tv's my pesonal favorite. The Amaterasu are very nice as well.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 20 of 42 (239 Views)