Monster Hunter
41 posts

Re: Personal space item limit

Nov 8, 2010

Item limit does suck. There are some spaces that look so awful even if you try to decorate because of the limitations. To me the best space to decorate is the Harbor Apartment because it is small and when you finish decorating it it will look cool but most of the others are hard to decorate properly.

Message 121 of 126 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
227 posts

Feb 20, 2011

i think the limit should be little bigger, cause some things like the new mansion space. the first floor you barley can do anything to it, i mean its big enough to put bunch of stuff in there. mainly thing i want is the media interactive item limit to be higher. you buy interactive items for your house like the pool table, 8 bit machine, etc. you can only put two interactive items per space. thats the stupid thing ive ever seen. it should be 10, or different limit on the size of the space. the harbor should be at least 3 or the mansion should be like 15 cause its huge. what if someone like me wants a pool table, dart board, and checker board in thier space but cant cause of the stupid interactive item limit.

Message 122 of 126 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Feb 20, 2011

The Mansion Second Floor will solve your exact problem, Leemo. It has pool and darts built in, as well as two Active Item slots, so you can have pool, darts, checkers and something else. All you need then is enough friends over to keep the games going.

Remember, too, that you can put in as many arcade cabinets as you like, including Cabin Boy and Trigger Happy, because they don't count against the Active Item limit.

To refresh everyone on the basic issues, it's all a question of memory and data transfer. Once you get too much stuff into a space, it won't load. I believe the Mansion is right at the edge of what's possible in Home right now.

Having more purpose-built spaces, like the Mansion second floor, is a great workaround for the Active Item limits. What would be nice to have is a space that had all of the active item multiplayer games built in, including Pool, Darts, Chess and Checkers, or perhaps a poker table, and the two active-item limit. Given how big the Mansion is, I believe that a physically smaller space could free up the memory for another active game or two.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 123 of 126 (23 Views)
Sackboy
598 posts

Feb 20, 2011

While I agree that it'd be cool for the item limit to be larger, I suspect that it isn't really possible without limiting something else, like the number of people you can have in your space.  Making a space larger does not increase the hardware's available memory.  Now, I bet that someone could make very large items to fit in the very large spaces, though.  This would look dumb unless you're trying to give the impression that the Home avatars are very small, though.

Message 124 of 126 (23 Views)
Fender Bender
2672 posts

Feb 21, 2011

I do not have a problem with the item limit being what it is now for spaces. Even though I don't know the following to be true, I think more items would increase loading time. On the other hand, maybe that would be for individuals to decide.

As for active items, I'd like to see it increaded to three or four it it's possible whithout appreciably increasing loading time or the functionality of the active items.

One big problem with active items are the items sold that are not active such as some of the furniture. What were they thinking in making a sofa active when it doesn't do a gosh darned thing?

"As far as I go, As far as I know, I always got a place called Home." - Tiga & memories

Message 125 of 126 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
500 posts

Feb 21, 2011

I'd like to see the item limit for personal spaces increase.  Especially in big places, like the Neptune Suite or the the Lake House.  Both of those places can be maxed out on the item limit, and still look pretty empty. 

But unfortunately it all comes down to data, each space can only hold a certain amount of data, thus the reason for the limit of only 2 active items.  I'm sure they'll improve it eventually. 

Message 126 of 126 (23 Views)
0 Likes