May 19 2010
By: MGO_Count Uncharted Territory 1601 posts

Personal Spaces - Allow visits / open friends can come / Lock (need key)

22 replies 515 views Edited May 19, 2010

I've been requesting this for years..

Why cant PS Home just let you have guests in your personal space? You can even leave your space open to public even if you're offline.

Sorta like Habbo Hotel.

- You can also have the option to put "Open to friends only" so they can join anytime without inviting..

- and "Lock" which means you have to invite them by XMB or PS Home PSP.

It gives more value because you can show off your personal space more, and furnitures. Believe me, you're PSN will be filled if you play alot of games, and deleting 1 friend just so you can invite them is getting redundant and time consuming.

You get to meet more people, see amazing rooms that people hasn't seen, more spaces in general, etc.

There are so many personal spaces out there that are really good, but you just can never see them because you need an invite.

---------

Who's with me on this..

JOB: Electronic Arts QA Tester

Message 1 of 23 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7755 posts

Re: Personal Spaces - Allow visits / open friends can come / Lock (need key)

May 19, 2010

It would be nice but then what is to keep people from just sharing apartments. Club houses on the other hand offer that option. Would be nice if the club houses were a lot more attractive than the one room they currently are. They certainly aren't very inviting.

Message 2 of 23 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
6846 posts

May 19, 2010

It's nice in theory, but the personal spaces are not on an "open server" so to speak. If you're not in it, then your picture frames as well as furniture layout is NOT in it either. When you leave, your furniture leaves with you. When you go to it, Home reads your save file from on your PS3 and loads the furniture, it's layout, and the picture frames and everything else.

For people to visit while you're not in it, you'd have to upload it to a public server, or an "open server" so to speak, and have Sony host it and all your settings and pictures in frames. That costs money. Which is why Clubhouses are not free, because those things are hosted by Sony instead of stored just on your own personal PS3 for when you enter it.

Sony won't do such a thing though either, because it then makes THEM liable for "user created content" that is possibly offensive and illegal. Sheesh, Youtube was sued because they hosted a certain video! Even though when they found the video they removed it. And guess what else? Some of the youtube employees were also individually sued even though they personally were not responsible at all!

So . . .  don't think the same can't happen to Sony. That is why they are so reluctant to let us upload anything we want anytime we want it, only servers that they "host" so to speak.

"I want to fly, into the sky
Turn my back on this whole world and leave it all behind
This place is not my home. It's got nothing for me
Only leaves me with emptiness And tears in my eyes"

PSMVP: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Message 3 of 23 (515 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1601 posts

May 19, 2010

Reverend_M wrote:

It's nice in theory, but the personal spaces are not on an "open server" so to speak. If you're not in it, then your picture frames as well as furniture layout is NOT in it either. When you leave, your furniture leaves with you. When you go to it, Home reads your save file from on your PS3 and loads the furniture, it's layout, and the picture frames and everything else.

For people to visit while you're not in it, you'd have to upload it to a public server, or an "open server" so to speak, and have Sony host it and all your settings and pictures in frames. That costs money. Which is why Clubhouses are not free, because those things are hosted by Sony instead of stored just on your own personal PS3 for when you enter it.

Sony won't do such a thing though either, because it then makes THEM liable for "user created content" that is possibly offensive and illegal. Sheesh, Youtube was sued because they hosted a certain video! Even though when they found the video they removed it. And guess what else? Some of the youtube employees were also individually sued even though they personally were not responsible at all!

So . . .  don't think the same can't happen to Sony. That is why they are so reluctant to let us upload anything we want anytime we want it, only servers that they "host" so to speak.

Sony can always make a way.. It's a shame that they can't even have a feature this great.

I guess PS Home will never have the expectations that I will always expect, against Habbo or Gaia, etc. No wonder those sites they make more money =_-;

I guess I had my fair share with home. There's really no point of buying furnitures if showing it is just a hassle as an individual. (Deleting friends)

-------

Chances of getting sued in Youtube is so slim.. they'd give you fair strikes before they bring it to court

Message 4 of 23 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

May 19, 2010

Reverend_M wrote:

I agree, I don't see Sony ever doing this.   Not only would they have to monitor what was uploaded, which would upset some (privacy issues), they would also have to include a way to handle that information ie., hosting, backups, support help....  The cost would be very large. 

I know some will say Sony could put, in the "agreement" users accept before doing anything on HOME, statements indicating Sony is not liable for uploaded content from the user community but ultimately this doesn't really matter.  The larger issue is to their shareholders, if any bad news shows up in the newspaper or anywhere else, stock prices tend to drop - shareholders wouldn't go for that.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Scott
Message 5 of 23 (515 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1601 posts

May 20, 2010

hmm I don't think invasion of privacy should matter..

I mean on Facebook, they monitor all videos and photos that process'

Message 6 of 23 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2000 posts

May 20, 2010
I'm working on a little project that I'll be announcing in the next few days in the clubs and events forum.....I think you might like what I've got cookin'

SUBSCRIBE: InWorldPix

WATCH:  Homeboy's How To

FOLLOW:  @InWorldPix

Message 7 of 23 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
43 posts

May 20, 2010

MGO_Count wrote:

I've been requesting this for years..

Why cant PS Home just let you have guests in your personal space? You can even leave your space open to public even if you're offline.

Sorta like Habbo Hotel.

- You can also have the option to put "Open to friends only" so they can join anytime without inviting..

- and "Lock" which means you have to invite them by XMB or PS Home PSP.

It gives more value because you can show off your personal space more, and furnitures. Believe me, you're PSN will be filled if you play alot of games, and deleting 1 friend just so you can invite them is getting redundant and time consuming.

You get to meet more people, see amazing rooms that people hasn't seen, more spaces in general, etc.

There are so many personal spaces out there that are really good, but you just can never see them because you need an invite.

---------

Who's with me on this..

I think that would be awesome to add as a feature.

Cali
Message 8 of 23 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
43 posts

May 20, 2010

Stryydr wrote:

It would be nice but then what is to keep people from just sharing apartments. Club houses on the other hand offer that option. Would be nice if the club houses were a lot more attractive than the one room they currently are. They certainly aren't very inviting.

I dont think the clubhouses are attractive either...they remind me of a church....not saying churches cant be attractive though.

Cali
Message 9 of 23 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
43 posts

May 20, 2010

Reverend_M wrote:

ok so if thats the reason why they decided to charge a fee for clubs, then why did they offer them for $4.99 (one time fee) and just recently start charging a monthy fee...sounds like a bunch of b.s. to me

Cali
Message 10 of 23 (515 Views)
0 Likes