Survivor
1691 posts

Re: Person threaten to hack account

[ Edited ]
Apr 30, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Hawkeye1914 wrote:

I D: ****  Made repeated threats to hack into my account.  I was in pier park at 2:05pm on 4-29-2013 when threats were made.

Edit: removed blacklisting

U--J

LOL, let them!  Obviously this is a sick joke.  Think about it...   You hack into someone Home account what can you do?  NOTHING!!!  You can't trade items you can move things around in your private spaces but that's it.

You can PM a Mod... But trust me they will do nothing.  The Mod's are smart and know that it would be pointless to do this.

Leave it to Mr. Fallacious.

There's no such thing as a "Home Account." It's a PSN Account. If someone hacks the PSN Account, they now have access to your billing information, your e-mail, and have the ability to make fraudulent purchases on your PSN Account. 

So much for being able to do "NOTHING!!!!"

If Mods are made aware of an attempt to acquire another user's account, they would, of course, take action. That would be the "smart" thing to do.

How long have you been using Home? In matter of fact, do you even use Home?

I wonder if you intentionally mislead people to get reactions from people you know that will call others out, or you actually believe the dribble you spew. Or, is this all poorly executed satire?

And, don't tell me to cite my sources. That'll just will make you look worse. 

Message 11 of 39 (314 Views)
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Apr 30, 2013

Um,  no one mentioned lockwood tokens. I am not naming names, but I have seen where someone did a dumb thing, and allowed someone else access to his account, and the person gifted himself and others things from lockwood. He did give the account back when he was done.

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 12 of 39 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 30, 2013

Grand_Moff wrote:
Leave it to Mr. Fallacious.

There's no such thing as a "Home Account." It's a PSN Account. If someone hacks the PSN Account, they now have access to your billing information, your e-mail, and have the ability to make fraudulent purchases on your PSN Account. 

So much for being able to do "NOTHING!!!!"

If Mods are made aware of an attempt to acquire another user's account, they would, of course, take action. That would be the "smart" thing to do. 

How long have you been using Home? In matter of fact, do you even use Home?

I wonder if you intentionally mislead people to get reactions from people you know that will call others out, or you actually believe the dribble you spew. Or, is this all poorly executed satire?

And, don't tell me to cite my sources. That'll just will make you look worse. 

lol, you really think this is real?  It's just some lamer in Home saying they can Hack.  Thanks to all these people saying that ISE is hacking (and not an exploit) the problem is getting bigger and bigger.  But how offen does this really happen?  Almost never...

Oh, for your other "point" again you have to use common sense.  How does the lamer know that the OP has monny on his or her account?  Did't think about that did you?  lol.

If you where smart you would know that a true Hacker almost never says that they are going to hack someone.  That would be like calling the cops on them selfs.  It's a dumb move.  Now we have the PSN nick and IP of the person if the OP does in fact get hacked.  But it's not going to happen.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 13 of 39 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4724 posts

Apr 30, 2013
True, these "hackers" are likely bluffing but Moff wasn't addressing the "lamer saying they can hack" situation. He's replying to your post where he's also correct with saying if they do have access to your account, they can actually do some damage. Your post was implying a hacker with unauthorized access can't do anything to you.
Message 14 of 39 (286 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 30, 2013

Thew902 wrote:
True, these "hackers" are likely bluffing but Moff wasn't addressing the "lamer saying they can hack" situation. He's replying to your post where he's also correct with saying if they do have access to your account, they can actually do some damage. Your post was implying a hacker with unauthorized access can't do anything to you.

My point was the lamer went onto Home and said they where going to "hack" the OP.   The lamer never said "I'm going to hack your PSN account"  They also never said "I'm going to crack your PSN password". 

A lamer would use other tools like ISE or that other one where you can freeze people in Home and call them self's a "Hacker". 

GAPHome

General

Message 15 of 39 (278 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4724 posts

Apr 30, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Thew902 wrote:

My point was the lamer went onto Home and said they where going to "hack" the OP. 

True, but if you read further in your post, it's rather misleading:

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Hawkeye1914 wrote:

I D: ****  Made repeated threats to hack into my account.  I was in pier park at 2:05pm on 4-29-2013 when threats were made.

Edit: removed blacklisting

U--J

LOL, let them!  Obviously this is a sick joke.  Think about it...   You hack into someone Home account what can you do?  NOTHING!!!  You can't trade items you can move things around in your private spaces but that's it.

You can PM a Mod... But trust me they will do nothing.  The Mod's are smart and know that it would be pointless to do this.

That is what Grand_Moff is replying to.  A compromised account can incur damages personally and financially, as others have already touched on.  I'm assuming I don't need to repeat them.

Message 16 of 39 (272 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Apr 30, 2013

Thew902 wrote:
True, but if you read further in your post, it's rather misleading:

Please go back and re-read my last post I was updateing when you where posting.   You have to assume to get to what the OP said to hacking his or her PSN account.  How often does people's PSN accounts get hacked?  Not very often.

GAPHome

General

Message 17 of 39 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4724 posts

Apr 30, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Thew902 wrote:

My point was the lamer went onto Home and said they where going to "hack" the OP.   The lamer never said "I'm going to hack your PSN account"  They also never said "I'm going to crack your PSN password". 

A lamer would use other tools like ISE or that other one where you can freeze people in Home and call them self's a "Hacker". 

Ok.  What's the difference between hacking the OP and hacking a PSN account?  Enlighten me, please.

Message 18 of 39 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 30, 2013

Thew902 wrote:
Ok.  What's the difference between hacking the OP and hacking a PSN account?  Enlighten me, please.

Hmm, did you read the quote that you just made?

"A lamer would use other tools like ISE or that other one where you can freeze people in Home and call them self's a "Hacker".

This would be an example of not being hacked in Home:

AbysmalDawna wrote:

The glade is kind of risky.  One time there was a whole gang of freezer types on the hill and they told me to leave and that is was their hill.

A gang of lamers saying if you don't do what we tell you to do we will freez  you.  Some others might say we will hack you and freez you so your stuck.

Now, I've never fallen victim of any of these freezer's but it has to be yet another exploit.  But I've read many post's on this BBS about people that have.  How eazy would it be for one of these lamers freezer's to call them selfs a hacker?

GAPHome

General

Message 19 of 39 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4724 posts

Apr 30, 2013
Smiley Very Happy Ok. I'll be leaving this thread now since this discussion is going in circles and is completely irrelevant to what I first came in here to reply to.
Message 20 of 39 (233 Views)
0 Likes