Sep 21 2012
By: rramsdell Treasure Hunter 5381 posts
Accepted Solution

People getting offended by rewards

31 replies 610 views Edited Sep 21, 2012

Is this a reportable offense?  My friend and I were at the beach yesterday,  chatting, by the lounge chairs, he quickly made a reference to the one people who had the blossom reward from Lockwood.  It wasn't a bad remark, just saying something like he referenced it to fly's.  He didn't know what it was, because he didn't participate in that event.    The female, who had this reward on, approached us, and told us, she's going to report my friend, because she got offended by what he said.    

We tried to explain, and logged it as well, that he didn't know what the reward was from and was making conversation basically, but probably will be false report.    He truly didn't know what the reward  was from.  I guess just some people having a bad day and was picking up our conversation.     

By the way, that area where the lounge chairs are, that just became a hot spot for perv activity.   You can really get some great views laying down.  I was experimenting yesterday with the views, before my friend showed up.   It amazing what views you get, haha.    

Message 1 of 32 (610 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2518 posts

Re: People getting offended by rewards

Sep 21, 2012

Regardless of what the reward was, any comment that is hateful, vulgar, obscene or threatening (or anything else defined in the TOS) can be reported. Whether it is or isn't a violation is up to the mods.

Message 2 of 32 (593 Views)
Fender Bender
2949 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 21, 2012

i think that if he really tries he could get the cherry blossom reward.  im pretty sure the showcase is still on the egg kicking event.  unless it changed when i wasnt looking o..0

as for someone reporting just because of that....PPPFFFFFFFTTTTT!!!  sounds more like someone was just looking for a reason to report someone. i mean, they would look kinda like flies, or some sort of colorful insect if you saw them from far away before they rezzed fully

BEWARE OF THE SPEEDING WHITE SAUSAGE!!!!!
mercia comic here --> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/duty-to-the-spirit-mercia-comic/m-p/37428903/thread-id/1089731/highlight/false
Message 3 of 32 (590 Views)
Fender Bender
1148 posts

Sep 21, 2012

' va bene, Rick. Your friend will be ok. He was not being malicious. Heck, I do remem seeing a guy's outfit, that had flies, or spiders, or cockaroaches, or something  crawling on his back !

" By the way, that area where the lounge chairs are, that just became a hot spot for perv activity.   You can really get some great views laying down.  I was experimenting yesterday with the views, before my friend showed up.   It amazing what views you get, haha." 

by the way, did u just admit to being a Prevert ??? If so, I am taking away your Pocket Camera,  your Teddy bear, and your Boy Scout Badge of Abstinence.

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 4 of 32 (567 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Sep 21, 2012

Lil_The_Pill wrote:

' va bene, Rick. Your friend will be ok. He was not being malicious. Heck, I do remem seeing a guy's outfit, that had flies, or spiders, or cockaroaches, or something  crawling on his back !

" By the way, that area where the lounge chairs are, that just became a hot spot for perv activity.   You can really get some great views laying down.  I was experimenting yesterday with the views, before my friend showed up.   It amazing what views you get, haha." 

by the way, did u just admit to being a Prevert ??? If so, I am taking away your Pocket Camera,  your Teddy bear, and your Boy Scout Badge of Abstinence.

Yes, I was a perv  yesterday, I didn't use my camera but I saw all the views, and I was totally shocked, I was stunned.    It was shocking to me!!  

Message 5 of 32 (557 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1691 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 21, 2012

rramsdell wrote:

The female, who had this reward on, approached us, and told us, she's going to report my friend, because she got offended by what he said.      

I guess she glanced over and missed the statement in the Report Screen that basically says this is not for reporting things that you do not necessarily agree with.

Unless what the person said was a breach of the rules, all of this just sounds like someone got offended by something someone said about her reward and is wasting the Mods' time.

Message 6 of 32 (543 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 21, 2012

I dont think the comment was offensive and even if you guys were just poking a bit of fun its certainly not anything for her to get her feathers ruffled over.  Even when Sony implements new features to the ignore feature people still dont seem to understand either how to use, the benefits of using it simply because they are looking for people to report over any little thing.  They also dont seem to understand the False Reports can get them banned.

Message 7 of 32 (494 Views)
Fender Bender
2518 posts

Sep 21, 2012

rramsdell wrote:

Lil_The_Pill wrote:

Yes, I was a perv  yesterday, I didn't use my camera but I saw all the views, and I was totally shocked, I was stunned.    It was shocking to me!!  

I'm sorry but, I've said this before... No matter how a graphical animated avatar looks, it is not human. It looks exactly how the developers intended it to look and it is not perverse. However, being sexually attracted to game graphics as a form of perversion may be worthy of another debate.

Message 8 of 32 (465 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4422 posts

Sep 21, 2012

Brises_0000 wrote:

I'm sorry but, I've said this before... No matter how a graphical animated avatar looks, it is not human. It looks exactly how the developers intended it to look and it is not perverse. However, being sexually attracted to game graphics as a form of perversion may be worthy of another debate.

AMEN! anyone who gets turned on by pixels needs to take a break from Home and their computer. 😣

Message 9 of 32 (450 Views)
Fender Bender
3241 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 21, 2012

Well considering that there are full grown adult tattletales that will report two dead houseflies in a windowsill, this particular incident being reported just goes to show how coddled people have become.

I mean "flies"....really ?

Message 10 of 32 (446 Views)