Highlighted
Mar 08 2007
By: tearsofash Uncharted Territory 1850 posts

People bashing HOME already?

101 replies 123 views Edited Mar 8, 2007
It seems like the details were just spilled, and people are bashing it already. It feels a little premature, in my opinion. I went to an Electronics Boutique today, and I told them about it. They just snickered and said some remarks about how Sony is "stole" the technology from Nintendo or something?

I call BS.

When rumble first came out, it was a cool thing for the PSone. But when the N64 had the rumble added, did people claim they stole it from Sony? No.

If you really think Sony "stole" this idea from Nintendo then you have another thing coming. This "Home" scenario has been around for quite some time via online MMORPGS. Take chat services like IMVU, or Second LIfe and you'll be familiar with a lot of the supposed "Home" features already. Thomas Edison was a great inventor, but there were several things he didn't "invent" he just improved upon them. Sony is improving upon the idea of a 3D social environment.

I swear, some of these people have the nerve to just make up to rally support against Sony, when all Sony is doing is improving upon and perfecting already existing technology.

Personally, I can't wait for Home to come out. All the systems have something similar to the PS store, and in the future, all game systems will have things like PS Home or Mii. Why do people insist on bashing, when this is just a natural progession? They didn't bicker when when all the systems had online stores, or started using a different format. But when Sony decides to use a 3D social environment, that's where we draw the line!

Lame.

Message Edited by tearsofash on 03-08-2007 03:43 PM
~
Message 7 of 102 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2759 posts

Re: People bashing HOME already?

Mar 8, 2007
Very well put. I did hear something about "Sony copied Mii from Nintendo". Well if thats the case than Nintendo stole that idea from like hundreds of other companies.
Message 1 of 102 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1460 posts

Mar 8, 2007
it's ok let them say wat they say their just a bunch of haters!!!

insaneflame
Message 2 of 102 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Mar 8, 2007
Duh!
Message 3 of 102 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19335 posts

Mar 8, 2007
Eh, people always bash anything associated with the Playstation brand, regardless of how good it could be.

There were people bashing the PS3 BEFORE E3 2005, so it doesn't surprise me that they would bash Home.
Message 4 of 102 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1460 posts

Mar 8, 2007
they r scared... espeally the kids who havent hit puberty and are braggin to all their friends about their wii
insaneflame
Message 5 of 102 (123 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

Mar 8, 2007

tearsofash wrote:

If you really think Sony "stole" this idea from Sony then you have another thing coming.

That's about where I stopped reading...

Home isn't what I was expecting and the first thing that comes to mind when I see the screenshots is, "How did those chat bubbles get there? Is everyone getting a keyboard with the upgrade?"
VGchartz.com
The Latest Sales Figures for the PS3 and PS3 Games.
Message 6 of 102 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1850 posts

Mar 8, 2007
You stopped reading because of a typo?

There's a virtual keyboard on it...
~
Message 8 of 102 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5910 posts

Mar 8, 2007

chat bubbles for quick chat and virtual keyboard (or real if you have one)

voice chat is also available from headsets

emotes are also used

4 major communication techniques

____Rumors are just that - RUMORS____

Formosa's Law: n.
“The truly insane have enough on their plates without us adding to it.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/F/Formosas-Law.html

Godwin's Law: prov.
“As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/G/Godwins-Law.html

http://mabifiles.nexon.net/movies/teaser/embed_video/mabi_movie03.swf
Message 9 of 102 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Mar 8, 2007
Like I said in the G.A.P

"Playstation Home is REVOLUTIONARY!

First off, ignore all the Wii and 360 fanboy crap. Most of them know little about this new feature, and all they want to do is bash it to give themselves the smallest piece of happiness from the negativity they already have.

This is going to be amazing. Come Fall, we'll get to create EXTREMELY customizable characters, chat with friends in mall-like and outdoor lobbies, and play golf, boxing, and dance in clubs. This is a world in itself. I could not play any of my PS3 games, and live off of Homes for the rest of my life."

Message 10 of 102 (123 Views)
0 Likes