Sackboy
613 posts

Re: People - Try Not To Get Banned

Dec 12, 2008

Lopez9577 wrote:
lol wow all you guys banning are probably old farts and wish they were young again so they take it out on the younger folks by trying to ban them so they can make HOME into a Nursing HOME!!!

I'm 20 and gonna be 21 soon.  I wouldn't really consider that old.  Age really has nothing to do with it.  And we're not banning people, we're reporting.  There's a difference.

Message 51 of 145 (5 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5832 posts

Dec 12, 2008

ReBootU wrote:
you should learn to block first then ban later or your going to abuse the ban system and overload those in charge with 10 thousand ban requests just because you "overheard" someone cursing or whatever. If it is not personally directed at you or someone that you are in conversation with then you should just block them. It will stop the word bubble and their voice transmission. Problem solved... kinda like turning the channel when something offends you on TV. Their are stupid people everywhere and somehow, sometime or the other they will make their way into HOME. The trash talking will only get worse before it gets better/ After awhile SONY mods will catch up with them and kick them out. Now offensive names are another story, if is actually an abuse of the name system then I would report it.

Well I guess you never played with F*** her in the A** clan in SOCOM CA.  the whole clan had the name with a slight variations. 

Message 52 of 145 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1043 posts

Dec 12, 2008

If a person has the intent to abuse another that is wrong and should be dealt with and not simply ignored.  If you block someone that saves you but it doesnt do anything for the next potential victom.  My rule is that I don't care what you like to do be it drugs, weird sex acts, your lifestyle of whatever variety.... as long as it doesnt affect others.

If what you do causes harm to others, you are in the wrong.  Do whatever it is you want to do in private so you don't physically, mentally/emotionally harm others.

If that is in anyway unclear then maybe you need to be medicated.

Message 53 of 145 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Dec 12, 2008

misfit36 wrote:
Let them get banned it will be better for all of us! I have seen some unacceptable names. My wife is Jewish and  sshe was watching me play and some guy ran by with the name Dumbjew or  hatejew..or something awful like that. Ughh

I saw a guy named "jack-me-off" yesterday and I'm thinking how does a name like that pass the name creation proess.
Free userbarsFree userbarsFree userbarsFree userbarsFree userbars

40GB PS3 CECHG01 purchased January 2008. blu-ray failure fixed? recieved June17, 2009 came back broken. Disks won't go in. Returned July 3, 2009. Repaired with gold QA sticker attatched this time, works perfectly. Thank you.*UPDATE-December 21, 2009 drive decideds to read blu ray disks and others only when it wants to. Ordered new laser on ebay and replaced it myself 12/31/2009.

Message 54 of 145 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3727 posts

Dec 12, 2008

ReBootU wrote:

if your looking for them then there is, your not the "HOME Police". Free speech still plays apart in America you know, dont go abusing it by hunting it down.

Did u forget that sony isnt a american company? So freedom of speech doesnt mean anything to them, and its anyways its there network so they can make rules to lock down your speach kinda like the fcc with the radio..

Message Edited by PBone34 on 12-12-2008 09:13 AM
Photobucket
After finding out what happen with EA and blocking our in game music and cross game chat. I WILL BOYCOTT EA. ea is the evil empire here
Message 55 of 145 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
265 posts

Dec 12, 2008

AssassinHD wrote:

ReBootU wrote:

AssassinHD wrote:

ReBootU wrote:

AssassinHD wrote:

ReBootU wrote:
you should learn to block first then ban later or your going to abuse the ban system and overload those in charge with 10 thousand ban requests just because you "overheard" someone cursing or whatever. If it is not personally directed at you or someone that you are in conversation with then you should just block them. It will stop the word bubble and their voice transmission. Problem solved... kinda like turning the channel when something offends you on TV. Their are stupid people everywhere and somehow, sometime or the other they will make their way into HOME. The trash talking will only get worse before it gets better/ After awhile SONY mods will catch up with them and kick them out. Now offensive names are another story, if is actually an abuse of the name system then I would report it.

It is not the users to decide to ban. Users report and then a Sony official reviews the report, determines if it is legitimate, and then determines the appropriate course of action. 

no duh... been here since june 2007, think I know how it works. What I said was basically learn to block before wasting a report to ban through SONY.  They have enough on their plate right now instead of adding every Tom, **bleep** and Harry's reports about someone near then that said a freakin curse word.

Your time here has nothing to do with your ability to process conceptual information. Your position is against the people who report offenses and my position is against the people who commit the offenses. I am sure most people who file a report probaby block the person also. There is nothing wrong with reporting offenses. 

if your looking for them then there is, your not the "HOME Police". Free speech still plays apart in America you know, dont go abusing it by hunting it down.

Oh cut that First Amendment crap out. I defended the Constitution for 6 years. Freedom of Speech does not exist on a private network. 

Home and this forum are very much in the public domain the only part private now are PM's especially since the "private" beta forum is no more. Unless your a HOME mod then your best avenue is just to mind your own business within HOME and go about your way, if someone directly offends you or someone your in conversation with then just block them so they can be of no further annoyance to you. If the report system gets too overwhelmed SONY might just implement something more nazi-like which could even ban simple things like names that are offensive, tneh even you might feel its affect. After all an assassin is someone that is payed to kill others, surely someone out there is offended but such a simple thing like that.
Message 56 of 145 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
255 posts

Dec 12, 2008
yeah its getting old already im a african american and i seen some negive stuff offend me i just ignore them im surprized there not some sort of moderator walking around?
Message 57 of 145 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Dec 12, 2008

I agree totally. There is no need of this kind of behavior. I say let them get banned.

If someone was bashing them or insulting them in some personal way... they would not like it either.

Sady

"I'm only sayin" Hacka
Message 58 of 145 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
313 posts

Dec 12, 2008

seniorfrito wrote:

Seriously, the first thing that I did when I got back in Home was go to the theater.  Boy was that a mistake.  Every numbskull and their best friend were there stinkin up the joint with the voice and spamming the chat with useless profanities of all sorts.  Guys, I'm telling you, you're gonna get banned.  If that's your goal, then by all means continue, but I didn't and will continue to not hesitate reporting you.  One of the main reasons I don't like Home right now is because of people like that.  I'll like Home that much better when those people either stop or are just gone.

Tons of people are just verbally bashing Home because they're bored.  You know, I'm not too thrilled with it right now either, but I'm not going to sit around and let you ruin my experience.  So be warned that there are other people like me and I'm doing my best to report each and every one of you who's offended me so far.  All it takes is me overhearing something and/or reading one of your stupid conversations.  It's not cute and I'm not going to just deal with it.

That's the problem with the PSN in general: there are no accountability, none at all. Unlike Xbox Live, you can't do anything with the morons who populate the network and presume that anonymity makes it OK to be an **bleep**. That's what I've always liked about XBL and hated about PSN: on XBL you can file report against someone, or just mute them, system-wide.

It's nice to see that Sony implemented a similar thing in Home, but the problem is, it stays in Home: you still can get into the same online game with the person you muted in Home, and he/she will not be muted in that game. And XBL also offers an "Avoid" option, which ensures you will never end up in the same game lobby with the person you "Avoid".

Sony HAVE to make these things system-wide! There's just no other way to make this work! There HAVE to be system-wide user mute, and there HAVE to be a game-independent ability to report abuse. 

Message 59 of 145 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4357 posts

Dec 12, 2008

ReBootU wrote:

AssassinHD wrote:

ReBootU wrote:

AssassinHD wrote:

ReBootU wrote:

AssassinHD wrote:

ReBootU wrote:

It is not the users to decide to ban. Users report and then a Sony official reviews the report, determines if it is legitimate, and then determines the appropriate course of action. 

no duh... been here since june 2007, think I know how it works. What I said was basically learn to block before wasting a report to ban through SONY.  They have enough on their plate right now instead of adding every Tom, **bleep** and Harry's reports about someone near then that said a freakin curse word.

Your time here has nothing to do with your ability to process conceptual information. Your position is against the people who report offenses and my position is against the people who commit the offenses. I am sure most people who file a report probaby block the person also. There is nothing wrong with reporting offenses. 

Oh cut that First Amendment crap out. I defended the Constitution for 6 years. Freedom of Speech does not exist on a private network. 

Home and this forum are very much in the public domain the only part private now are PM's especially since the "private" beta forum is no more. Unless your a HOME mod then your best avenue is just to mind your own business within HOME and go about your way, if someone directly offends you or someone your in conversation with then just block them so they can be of no further annoyance to you. If the report system gets too overwhelmed SONY might just implement something more nazi-like which could even ban simple things like names that are offensive, tneh even you might feel its affect. After all an assassin is someone that is payed to kill others, surely someone out there is offended but such a simple thing like that.

If someone wants to report me for my name I am fairly confident that I will stand up to scrutiny. Neither these forums nor Home exist in the public domain. They are privately owned and as such are subject to private government. Being offended by someone who is "paid to kill others" is a bit shortsighted because the same can be said of our military members and our police officers when they are operating under lethal rules of engagement. 

Message 60 of 145 (5 Views)
0 Likes