First Son
14 posts

Re: People - Try Not To Get Banned

Dec 12, 2008
Thats funny when i went yesterday i heard soo many people talking all trash. they r gonna be so mad when they get banned
Message 11 of 145 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Dec 12, 2008

SkR0tUmGrinD3R wrote:

misfit36 wrote:
Let them get banned it will be better for all of us! I have seen some unacceptable names. My wife is Jewish and  sshe was watching me play and some guy ran by with the name Dumbjew or  hatejew..or something awful like that. Ughh

Why? Thats the problem with people. It's a name, it's the internet, and it's a game. Im jewish and hispanic. Nothing offends me cause I know it's probably some dumb kids. It's a lot different when you see things in the real world and what's said to your face.

The fact that it's on your screen and not in the "real world" might not offend you BUT it is just another way of using tech to spread hate.

The fact that it could be just "Some dumb kids" makes it even worse..

I'm not saying you have to be offended but respect the idea that others will be.

Good topic and I hope everyone takes the time to kick the people that are intent on ruining what could turn into a great connecting experience for gamers and a great social experiment.

"Fear the Shade that walks....."
Message 12 of 145 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
613 posts

Dec 12, 2008
Yeah I'm just hoping that there is a decent way of investigating the reports like looking at chat history.  That way even if it's just one person reporting as probably is my case, then action might be taken if it is just me reporting.
Message 13 of 145 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4030 posts

Dec 12, 2008

PayneKiller1509 wrote:

stw223 wrote:
How do you report people?

I wondered that too sometime ago there was this annoying runt doing something but I dont remember now.

And miamiblue whats your reasoning behind telling the OP to lock this thread?

most probably hes the type that would get banned Smiley Tongue

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 145 (10 Views)
Fender Bender
4719 posts

Dec 12, 2008
I head the evil MS was making a software so that when people say F**k it woukd silent them out? Maybe Sony should adopt this for Home? I dont like the idea for regular games but for Home it sounds usefull.
Message 15 of 145 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Dec 12, 2008

Shadewalker wrote:

SkR0tUmGrinD3R wrote:

misfit36 wrote:
Let them get banned it will be better for all of us! I have seen some unacceptable names. My wife is Jewish and  sshe was watching me play and some guy ran by with the name Dumbjew or  hatejew..or something awful like that. Ughh

Why? Thats the problem with people. It's a name, it's the internet, and it's a game. Im jewish and hispanic. Nothing offends me cause I know it's probably some dumb kids. It's a lot different when you see things in the real world and what's said to your face.

The fact that it's on your screen and not in the "real world" might not offend you BUT it is just another way of using tech to spread hate.

The fact that it could be just "Some dumb kids" makes it even worse..

I'm not saying you have to be offended but respect the idea that others will be.

Good topic and I hope everyone takes the time to kick the people that are intent on ruining what could turn into a great connecting experience for gamers and a great social experiment.

I understand and yes its a bit scary knowing it's possibly kids.

I know there are sensative people out there. I used to be one! I changed once I came across the KKK clan many times on COD4. Let's just say it wasn't fun at all. The name I was using and using in Home clearly told them what I was, which is why they picked on me. I dealt with it and stopped getting mad.

I won't report anybody cause I believe it's not worth it. I figured let them stick out of the bunch, look stupid and guess what it works. Now when I see them or any racist name they are the one's getting picked on more than me. Makes me feel alot better.

Message 16 of 145 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2579 posts

Dec 12, 2008

I did see a guy walk by with the name JEWSLAYER...

I was like, ummmmm, care to explain that?

But, he just left and I didn't know how to report him.

Message Edited by stw223 on 12-12-2008 10:05 AM

Message 17 of 145 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4357 posts

Dec 12, 2008

MiamiBlue wrote:

seniorfrito wrote:

Seriously, the first thing that I did when I got back in Home was go to the theater.  Boy was that a mistake.  Every numbskull and their best friend were there stinkin up the joint with the voice and spamming the chat with useless profanities of all sorts.  Guys, I'm telling you, you're gonna get banned.  If that's your goal, then by all means continue, but I didn't and will continue to not hesitate reporting you.  One of the main reasons I don't like Home right now is because of people like that.  I'll like Home that much better when those people either stop or are just gone.

Tons of people are just verbally bashing Home because they're bored.  You know, I'm not too thrilled with it right now either, but I'm not going to sit around and let you ruin my experience.  So be warned that there are other people like me and I'm doing my best to report each and every one of you who's offended me so far.  All it takes is me overhearing something and/or reading one of your stupid conversations.  It's not cute and I'm not going to just deal with it.

Lock this thread and go somewhere else kid!

You are just projecting. He is actually making a valid point. People are being stupid in Home and it needs to stop. I am with the OP and I too will not hesitate to report offenses. 

Message 18 of 145 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2759 posts

Dec 12, 2008

SkR0tUmGrinD3R wrote:

misfit36 wrote:

That's the problem right there. So just because it's the internet, then it's acceptable? You can sit there and talk about how tough your skin is or words don't hurt you all you want. It doesn't make a difference if it was in the real world or internet. It's still wrong and unnecessary. There are plenty of people out there who are excited for HOME or gaming on the PS3, and more than likely don't expect to get exposed to that type garbage. You think if SONY had that same attitude as you, they would retain existing gamers or attract new gamers? It's one thing to have the right or freedom of speech, it's another thing to abuse or exploit it. It has nothing to do with people who are sensitive or offended. It has no place in gaming or any kind of social gathering. Nobody wants to hear that type of trash when they want to play games and have fun. Believe it or not, you need existing gamers and newer customers. The fact that it might be "some dumb kids," you oughta be concerned. Give me a damn break with that! 

Message Edited by MAzing87 on 12-12-2008 10:06 AM
MAzing87
Message 19 of 145 (10 Views)
Splicer
70 posts

Dec 12, 2008

I agree up to a point, until you make it a point to go around looking to be insulted basically. Going out of your way to find people who offend you. No wonder you don't have a good experience. I got news for you thats life people get offended. Im not saying its ok for people to insult or harass others. Im just saying it sounds like you are trying to get anyone band who looks at you wrong. And thats just not cool.

Recap- Im all for a nice safe enjoyable home experience. But sometimes you take the good with bad. Stop trying to seek out these people and enjoy your experience. If you come across someone that deserves a report then report them.

Advice for everyone try to have a thicker skin and not let people over the internet bother you so much.

Message 20 of 145 (10 Views)
0 Likes