Apr 11 2007
By: Jessy1 First Son 25 posts

Paying in Home

12 replies 8 views Edited Apr 11, 2007
Do you have to pay in Home, go to http://www.homebetatrial.com/eula.html

and read number 13:

If we believe that you are in breach of any of these Terms or any other terms of service or agreements connected with Home, we may take all actions to protect our interests, including terminating your participation in the Trials. We will not refund the cost of any purchased content or services.

I know heard its free but what about this?????
Message 1 of 13 (8 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Re: Paying in Home

Apr 11, 2007
This regards the Beta version, but it is a general denial of financial liability for transactions of third parties in the home environment, so I would suggest that this or a clause like it will be in the general release.

It does not and cannot legally avoid liability for product sold by the vendor in HOME. Ie Each company and individual seller appearing in PS Home cannot shift liability to Sony.

This is  good thing, for otherwise every product would have to be owned or closely restricted by Sony, because it would be financially liable.
Message 2 of 13 (8 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Apr 11, 2007
Perhaps I misread while surfing the interweb but I thought there wasn't going to be any "transactions" in Home until the open beta begins sometime in August.

Edit: Ideally all "paid" content will be handled via the PSN Wallet

Message Edited by Raven4960 on 04-10-2007 11:30 PM
Message 3 of 13 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Apr 11, 2007
I think would be something for the add-on inside home. The home services will be free.

Message 4 of 13 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

Apr 11, 2007
The basic service is free, but if you want any customizations it will be dimes and quarters.

Like it will come with some basics.. a couch a 13 inch tv and a clock radio (for example)
Want a cool new beanbag chair, a big screet tv, and a juke box.. your gonna have to pay in REAL money.
Message 5 of 13 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
762 posts

Apr 11, 2007
Im sorry but I think that is HORSE ****  we paid frikkin 600$ for their console and now they want us to pay more money ?  I mean you've got to be kidding me.  This is a fake chair and sofa we are talking about.  Its just a frikkin BMP and JPEG.  How do they expect us to pay.  Sony needs to really stop taking their consumers for suckers.  Seriously.  Just like the PSP.  Who the heck uses pro duo ?  an 8GB pro duo is 250$.  More than the PSP itself.   When a portable 80 GB hard Drive is 35$.   Yet they wont let users be able to plug a hard drive to their PSP ?   I think sony is trying to dig into peoples wallets too aggressively.  Give us a special treat and make home and all its accessories free for the first 2 months.  Then charge very cheap prices for downloadable content.  make the stuff cost like 5 or 10 cents for each item.
Message 6 of 13 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
163 posts

Apr 11, 2007
I somewhat agree with you.  I understand that Sony is trying to make some money here, but like you said, we paid $600 for the system.  Now why would they charge us for some fake virtual furniture that we can only use in the game?  If they make most of the nice things have a price tag on it, I will be a little mad.  Maybe if they made only a few things have a price, like a pool table or something.  And about that PSP thing to, when I tried to put my 2 GB Sandisk memory stick into my PSP it won't go, but as soon as I tried it with my Sony 32 MB stick, it worked perfectly.  They couldn't just make it a slot for any Memory Stick Duo???
Grand Theft Auto IV
Message 7 of 13 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5910 posts

Apr 11, 2007
1 you don't need to spend a dime in home to use it
2 any money you spend in home is for extras - things that are not necessary to use home

Your arguement fails as they are providing an online service that costs nothing to use. If you want extras you pay for those extras. They will not make you better or give you a better online experience then the next person but they can be cool and neat items.

with home you get

basic furniture
basic apartment
basic clothes
basic looks for your incarnation
voice chat
text chat
game match making
the ability to visit 1st, 2nd and 3rd party developer Homesites
the ability to shop online

with extra $$$ you can get a
bigger apartment
different skies/snow globes for your apartment
different wallpapers
different furniture
different clothes

____Rumors are just that - RUMORS____

Formosa's Law: n.
“The truly insane have enough on their plates without us adding to it.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/F/Formosas-Law.html

Godwin's Law: prov.
“As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/G/Godwins-Law.html

http://mabifiles.nexon.net/movies/teaser/embed_video/mabi_movie03.swf
Message 8 of 13 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
762 posts

Apr 15, 2007
thats bs ... they dont charge us to go online because we are already paying 100$ a month for our ISP's.   So you can throw that statement in the garbage or wherever it came from.  And as for the extra's in home.   They should let people earn it.  By giving people like unlocked achievements and rewards.
Message 9 of 13 (8 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Apr 16, 2007
I agree, we payed alot of cash just to get the PS3, then to buy a game. I think it should be free, otherwise Sony can expect a whole bunch of new X-BOX fans.

LOL
Message 10 of 13 (8 Views)
0 Likes