Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/12/2007
Online
4495 posts
 

Re: Look what we didn't get from nDreams

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

DMCoutatime wrote:

Seems that we keep getting EU's sloppy seconds or we don't get any EU content at all. But every update I see EU gets the same stuff we do. Sad really that we can't all be equal.


Except its just your perception and not a reality.  NA has and continues to have more content than EU.  If you spent more time paying attention to what NA gets that others do not, and less on what NA didnt get, I suspect your tune would change quite dramatically. You just have a bad case of the grass is always greener.  Instead of watching your neighbors yard, enjoy your own for a change... Or if you truly believe they have it better, it's very easy to create a EU account....

 

But before you abandon your NA account, you might want to spend some time on the EU forums and check out all the threads and posts complaining about how much better NA is and how NA gets content before EU, and in many cases have still not been made available in EU.

 

All four regions of Home have their advantages and disadvantages, and thankfully PS3s are region free and Sony allows us to create regional accounts, thus allowing anyone to enjoy all four regions, and by simply adding your friends regional accounts you are not forced to make new friends, but frankly I enjoy that as well, and having a dif account for each region also allows you to have more than 100 people as PSN friends.

 

Regional differences will always exist, and due to several restrictions and conditions, content will often get released differently for each region, and there will always be content exclusive to one or more regions and not others.  However, if you absolutely feel one region is better than an other, you don't need to complain about, you can simply choose to use it... But I suspect you'll be spending a lot of time in NA Home despite your claims how much better EU is. Smiley Wink

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...


"Like it never happened"


- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 21 of 38 (215 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 05/27/2009
Online
13184 posts
 

Re: Look what we didn't get from nDreams

Nov 15, 2012
Message 22 of 38 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/30/2011
Offline
1464 posts
 

Re: Look what we didn't get from nDreams

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

D-Nitrate wrote:

DMCoutatime wrote:

Seems that we keep getting EU's sloppy seconds or we don't get any EU content at all. But every update I see EU gets the same stuff we do. Sad really that we can't all be equal.


Except its just your perception and not a reality.  NA has and continues to have more content than EU.  If you spent more time paying attention to what NA gets that others do not, and less on what NA didnt get, I suspect your tune would change quite dramatically. You just have a bad case of the grass is always greener.  Instead of watching your neighbors yard, enjoy your own for a change... Or if you truly believe they have it better, it's very easy to create a EU account....

 

But before you abandon your NA account, you might want to spend some time on the EU forums and check out all the threads and posts complaining about how much better NA is and how NA gets content before EU, and in many cases have still not been made available in EU.

 

All four regions of Home have their advantages and disadvantages, and thankfully PS3s are region free and Sony allows us to create regional accounts, thus allowing anyone to enjoy all four regions, and by simply adding your friends regional accounts you are not forced to make new friends, but frankly I enjoy that as well, and having a dif account for each region also allows you to have more than 100 people as PSN friends.

 

Regional differences will always exist, and due to several restrictions and conditions, content will often get released differently for each region, and there will always be content exclusive to one or more regions and not others.  However, if you absolutely feel one region is better than an other, you don't need to complain about, you can simply choose to use it... But I suspect you'll be spending a lot of time in NA Home despite your claims how much better EU is. Smiley Wink


Ugh, I accidently kudo'd this post when going to reply.

 

I'm going to copy what I've  wrote in another thread, slightly altered, and most of it applies to Granzella.

 

I have seen this (NA has been getting a "TON" of content) used a lot, but I will first start by saying quality>quantity. ALWAYS. As I stated in my original post, Granzella is the best of the best, the absolute highest quality that cannot be topped. Nothing else released here even comes close to when EU gets a big Granzella update such as when they got the hideaway, fossil museum, 

I'm sure many people, and this includes the mega-spenders, would gladly opt for weeks of Granzella products with nothing else available rather then the typicall NA exclusives fair. I stated this back in June when EU got the Hideaway apt. I'd gladly trade a month worth of NA exclusives just to get the Granzella content EU has been receiving.

Also, the argument that NA is getting "more" dosen't hold much water anymore, as if you simply look at Alphazone4 or other info sites (and as I originally stated) EU and NA have generally been getting the same updates weekly, the only difference being EU getting Granzella, while NA gets crappy home originals, like that garbage Tuscan Villa apartment.

I also considered that they were intentionally delaying Granzella so that other devs would get the spotlight, but if I recall back in July there were literally NO store updates, just 1 item in x7, and the regular store receiving what x7 had the previous week. So it really seems like they are either completly stupid, or intentionally trying to screw us despite all the money they will be making. Actually, it seems like it's a combination of all 3 sometimes...

Also, not everyone is interested in the garbage NA would like to shove in our face. Some weeks can be a huge update in quantity, but of revolting quality. A small weekly Granzella update, consisting of SEVERAL clothing lines and/or an apt and/or public space update is infinitely better then a week chock full of uninspired, limited apartments, useless furniture that fits nowhere, poorly designed, trashy clothes that go with nothing, or a horrible new "game" like No Man's Land.

 

In short....just check alphazone4 weekly update lists to see that EU has in fact been getting more then NA lately.

Message 23 of 38 (163 Views)
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: Look what we didn't get from nDreams

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

You can remove a kudo in the pop down menu under options. Smiley Happy

 

Screen shot 2012-11-15 at 1.44.59 PM.png

Message 24 of 38 (159 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/17/2011
Offline
1157 posts
 

Re: Look what we didn't get from nDreams

Nov 15, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

You can remove a kudo in the pop down menu under options. Smiley Happy

 

 


 

Kudos is a singular noun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 25 of 38 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/30/2011
Offline
1464 posts
 

Re: Look what we didn't get from nDreams

Nov 15, 2012
Thanks Joanna!
Message 26 of 38 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/17/2011
Offline
2003 posts
 

Re: Look what we didn't get from nDreams

Nov 15, 2012

StardustChampion wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

You can remove a kudo in the pop down menu under options. Smiley Happy

 

 


 

Kudos is a singular noun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Kudo means one kudo not one kudos.

 

Message 27 of 38 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 07/25/2010
Offline
1691 posts
 

Re: Look what we didn't get from nDreams

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

AbysmalDawna wrote:

StardustChampion wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

You can remove a kudo in the pop down menu under options. Smiley Happy

 

 


 

Kudos is a singular noun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Kudo means one kudo not one kudos.

 


The word Kudo does exist.

 

AND

 

The word Kudos may be either singular or plural.

 

From Webster's Dictionary:

 

Some commentators hold that since kudos is a singular word it cannot be used as a plural and that the word kudo is impossible. But kudo does exist; it is simply one of the most recent words created by back-formation from another word misunderstood as a plural. Kudos was introduced into English in the 19th century; it was used in contexts where a reader unfamiliar with Greek could not be sure whether it was singular or plural. By the 1920s it began to appear as a plural, and about 25 years later kudo began to appear.

 

SOURCE: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/kudo

Message 28 of 38 (129 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/12/2007
Online
4495 posts
 

Re: Look what we didn't get from nDreams

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

tarazuma... I'm not even going to bother quoting your post as anyone can clearly see you are confusing objective opinion for subjective opinion, and making wild assumptions that we all agree with you on what is "quality" and what isn't and to assume that only your subjective opinion is the one that means anything says much more about you than the quality of content in Home.

 

As I said, if you are so convinced EU gets better content, there is a simple, solution, start using your EU account more.  Considering all the countless threads and posts on the EU forums complaining how much better NA Home content is, I wonder how long it will be before you join them and start demanding NA content in EU Home. Smiley Wink

 

Regardless, at least you won't have an excuse to complain about NA Home... Unless of course, you just like to complain, in which case, no region is likely going to make you happy.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...


"Like it never happened"


- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 29 of 38 (121 Views)
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/30/2011
Offline
1464 posts
 

Re: Look what we didn't get from nDreams

Nov 15, 2012
There are several reasons why I won't simply "use my EU account more"

First of all, to purchase Granzella content there would be completely counter-productive to my goals. It would be producing more revenue in EU, therefore encouraging Granzella to release MORE content there first.

That's why I hate when NA people buy non-EU exclusive in EU home, then they wonder why we are getting stuff in NA later...

Secondly, buying in EU would involve spending more money on cards and going through the hassle of ordering them online.

So the opposite of what you suggest is the best course of action. NA people need to stop purchasing in EU, and even stop logging in.
Message 30 of 38 (117 Views)
0 Likes