Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: PSTALENT.COM is first community-born home developer - brings The Shadows Collection

Oct 30, 2012

ApolloDecertus wrote:

To me personally the suits themselves do look very well done. However we've already have had "gangster" themed costumes in the past, so I wouldn't really have much interest to buy another one. If the items are purchasable seperate, maybe Ill look into the animated tommy gun. I can already this getting outta hand, as fams will all start pretending they're real gansters and whatever..

As far as gender baisedness goes, if the tables were turned, how many males would start complaining if it was a female only? Sure I'd feel left out, even frustrated if it was a good concept, like something from mythology (what I like). Other than that there is already a lot of content availible and coming out, i'll just look until I find something else or wait to even spend money. 

I'm sure PSTalent has more things to come if these items are successful, including female costumes. 

And someone give Tarazuma a suit with a NORMAL sized tie ASAP!

The Tommy Gun is a separate. It shows that here in the screen shot from the release video. I'm not sure if the suit has a top/bottom although I do think 5 piece separates were the goal for PSTalent releases. 

Screen shot 2012-10-30 at 12.26.12 PM.png

Message 31 of 80 (300 Views)
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Re: PSTALENT.COM is first community-born home developer - brings The Shadows Collection

Oct 30, 2012

On another note, it would be nice if Home started allow for customizing color for our clothing.

As far as developer's incentive for funding..how about a regular and "customizable" one SO I CAN SPEND MORE MONEY ON.

^(that will catch the ears of some developers..)

It would allow us to change the base colors and some of the parts. 

Cuz not everyone likes pink..I'd enjoy red

Message 32 of 80 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1630 posts

Oct 30, 2012

Shadows-poster_2_1280.jpg

Suit seems to be on piece, hat, shoes, gun etc seems to be separate .

photo l_1ac92e40c72f428cb2c1ab1d6c3930c5-1-1.jpg
Message 33 of 80 (285 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Oct 30, 2012

Smoochy-Rhino wrote:

Your first lesson will be learning that forum posters only account for a tiny speck of the userbase.  You'll also learn that the people that rage the most are usually very far off from the opinions of the majority.  You'll learn to listen to everyone, but base your actions on sales data, rather than the gripes of a few ragers.

Who the hell are you to try an negate the opinions of paying customers?  You are right we don't account for all users but lets see who's left, the trolls, noobs and pervs that don't buy anything on home.  The true home spenders choose to stay informed by visiting the forums and finding out "what new content" is coming out for us to buy.  

I am critical of Dev's whether its Granzella <--overpriced, nDreams <--crappy items, Juggernaut <-- charging guest for stories, Heavy Water <-- dungeon add-on not free and even my fav LKWD for having the Felicia  outfit and the bathroom items way over priced in the gift machine. 

I tell it like I see it and make no apologizes, yes some people get caught in the cross fire for defending these Dev's but that's their choice to do so.  I feel this Dev should be no different, if everyone else chooses to kiss their but because its "PSTALENT" then by all means do so I can respect that, it would do you well to respect others and their opinions because we are the ones paying for their items.

Message 34 of 80 (278 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Oct 30, 2012
I wish PSTALENT great success as a developer. I will purchase these items, and in turn, if enough of us do, maybe Tara can get that suit (and long tie) for christmas Smiley Wink I at least need to get the tommy gun. Its no Smoking Pistol, but a smoking tommy'll do for now Smiley Very Happy
Support Forums
Message 35 of 80 (270 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Oct 30, 2012

I got an idea...how about you try and to develope your own stuff on home? Its not as easy as it seems. Give PSTALENT some credit. This is their first time launching items. 

Message 36 of 80 (247 Views)
Fender Bender
3407 posts

Oct 30, 2012

Wow, I never would of thought they would have made clothing. Well it looks awesome so of course Im going to have to buy this Smiley Surprised

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 37 of 80 (247 Views)
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Oct 30, 2012

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Needless to say I am not happy Smiley Mad PSTALENT not releasing items for female avis is an Epic Fail on their part, there was not thought or consideration for females on home that enjoy these 50's gangster look. 

Uhm...actually thats NOT an 50's Gangster Look. Those are Zoot suits. Gangsters wouldnt be caught dead with a long feather in a fedora. Nor was the color pink the optimal look for a 50's era gangster.

Also Tommy Guns were outlawed waaaay before the 50's  and were at their heyday during prohibition and the Capone wars.  Zoot Suits didnt hit the streets until the late late 50's.

Dont get me wrong ladies...but all the whining over their first release is kinda silly especially when you consider that womens fashionable clothing items outnumbers what us guys have by an unfair  3 to 1. Dont believe me ....look at the stuff Granzella constantly churns out each week. I dont hear guys complaigning.

I understand the ladies would also like to have the outfits but c'mon...can us men have something for ourselves ?

Sheeesh

Message 38 of 80 (232 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1187 posts

Oct 30, 2012

Regarding launching with male-exclusive clothing: it takes a not-insubstantial financial investment to become a PlayStation Home developer (to say nothing of the paperwork), and that's before incurring the sunk cost necessary to develop a single virtual commodity and put it through QA. The challenge, then, is what can be quickly created and sold with broad market appeal, so that cash flow can be generated to put towards larger projects. Remember, many Home developers are relatively small operations; to quote the first Mortal Kombat film, "A handful of people on a leaky boat are gonna save the world."

When placed in context, PSTalent's first product release as a developer makes perfect sense: the majority of Home's audience is male (regardless of which gender they choose to portray themselves as), male clothing items occasionally appeared on SCEA's top-ten sales lists (by number of units sold) for 2012 -- whereas female clothing items performed noticeably poorly in comparison -- and clothing which can be used for "fam"-related activities already has an established precedent for strong sales. Look at how well Lockwood's Figment suit performed.

Would it have been nice to see female clothing items in the opening launch? Sure. But when margins are thin and costs are high to begin with, you don't take chances. Every new developer coming out of the gate has gambled on what will have the broadest appeal to generate cash flow, with varying degrees of success. Off the top of my head, the only new developer in recent times which has gambled big (and won as a result) was Juggernaut, with the release of the Cutteridge Estate last year. And that wasn't even supposed to be their debut release.

What I applaud PSTalent for is finding a niche in the menswear category that no one had yet exploited. The kids who want to play gangster will buy it, but these are obviously zoot suits -- and they carry a much richer and more textured history that may appeal beyond just the kiddies.

Once the cash flow starts to come in, PSTalent -- like any other developer starting out -- will have a bit more leeway to experiment. It's entirely logical to expect to see female apparel from them at some point in the future. So far, though, they appear to be off to a good start.

NorseGamer

Editor-in-Chief, HSM

www.hsmagazine.net

Message 39 of 80 (231 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Congrats PSTALENT on the launch of your virtual items!

Oct 30, 2012

Just the beggining im sure of the many things you have in store for us PSTALENT!! Good job!

Message 40 of 80 (254 Views)
0 Likes