Gaming Beast
1464 posts

Re: PSTALENT.COM is first community-born home developer - brings The Shadows Collection

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2012

I may not be able to program items or anything on the technical side, but I sure could do a better job with the actual design specs and concepts.

For starters, I wouldn't choose something as overdone as anything "gangster" related, as there are already about 4-5 sets of 1940's era gangster clothes on home.

Secondly I would ensure that the design plans included both male and female outfits. Not knowing "how" to make outfits for both genders is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. Most other devs, even upon their first foray into home, included clothing for both genders.

Third I would insist that innovations be put into place, such as hats in the headphone slot (if hats were a part of the design plan).

My point is, these items are being overhyped as "the first community born dev OMG!!!!!!!" when their initial debut can't even include a simple outfit for both genders.

Honestly, if they are so "in tune" with the community, they would know that when an outfit is only released for one gender, the other gender complains, so it's beyond me why they would do this.

Message 11 of 80 (265 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: PSTALENT.COM is first community-born home developer - brings The Shadows Collection

Oct 30, 2012

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Needless to say I am not happy Smiley Mad PSTALENT not releasing items for female avis is an Epic Fail on their part, there was not thought or consideration for females on home that enjoy these 50's gangster look. 

There was thought given to female items. The funding for them is the issue not the intent or willingness to make them. Trust me. 

Message 12 of 80 (263 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Oct 30, 2012
Out of touch with the community and non-specials sure. But come on were you really gonna buy the gangster outfit anyway? Doesn't sound like it. Why complain about something you don't even want? And you did say you were bored. Sounds like you're just out to fight someone and any reason will do. Tsunade's complaint at least sounds a little more honest than yours!

If you want the items so bad give them the funding I'm sure they'd appreciate it. Better yet start "pretend to care about things I don't care about" jar and put 50 cents in it every time you pretend to care about things that you don't. It will soon fill up and then you can give that to them!

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 13 of 80 (251 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Oct 30, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Needless to say I am not happy Smiley Mad PSTALENT not releasing items for female avis is an Epic Fail on their part, there was not thought or consideration for females on home that enjoy these 50's gangster look. 

There was thought given to female items. The funding for them is the issue not the intent or willingness to make them. Trust me. 

I dont want to be offensive in any way, but if funding is the issue then maybe developing items should not have been a venture they should be looking at right now,  secound instead of making 2 males outfits why not 1 male and one female? 

Message 14 of 80 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2012

Nice job with the personal attacks and insults ED, especially in your initial post. I was critcizing a company for their products, not personal attacks on the creators, and I have every right to voice my opinion.

Also I love how you're telling me what I don't care about, and what I'd buy.

In my initial post I said I would have instantly bought these outfits if the exact same ones were released for women, like the Granzella suits.

I also said if I were to design an item on home I wouldn't choose a gangster motif, however that dosen't mean I wouldn't buy one if done properly for women. All the other ones currently available have tiny ties and cleavge showing, it's pathetic!

Message 15 of 80 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2012

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

I dont want to be offensive in any way, but if funding is the issue then maybe developing items should not have been a venture they should be looking at right now,  secound instead of making 2 males outfits why not 1 male and one female? 

It's the same outfit. They aren't different 3D models. Much easier to change the color of an outfit then to make an entirely different one. I'd love to get the female ones. We'll see them eventually.

DOD is starting a new production company and he's spending his money. Big step for him and he's doing lots of different things over at PSTalent. 

This is only the first of what I'm sure are many items he has in mind. 

You could ask him about it here on Twitter.

THE DIRECTOR @PSTalent

Message 16 of 80 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2012

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

I'm guessing so they would have more to show when they released outfits. I'm not dev but it's pretty easy to colour a basic outfit different so maybe that's what they opted for. In hindsight maybe they didn't handle this very well to begin with but hopefully they'll learn from it in the future

EDIT: Sorry if I flew off at ya Tara but the last few posts you made in the forum are all very aggressive and critical. Was beginning to think you just like to complain Smiley Very Happy I have seen a lot of the clothes you're on about even though I only login say 1 or 2 times a week on Home it is getting crazy stupid now. But still why go postal on a dev about something they haven't even made yet? It's not like they killed your family and you must avenge them or something.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 17 of 80 (236 Views)
Fender Bender
2280 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2012

If you want plenty of female content visit Granzella, Lockwood (or any other developer in Home for that matter). They have more than over-compensated for what was apparently perceived as gender inequality for many, many months now. I'm sure your female items will be coming sometime soon from PSTalent as well.....and then anyone who whined about this release gets to put their foot in their mouth. Smiley Tongue

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 18 of 80 (222 Views)
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

Oct 30, 2012

Ed, to be honest I am pretty agressive and critical, and today I admit I have a chip on my shoulder about EU reciving the Granzella teahouse.

But in general I suppose my harsh criticism is like "tough love", as I also heap praise upon devs who get it right or improve things, and support their effort with my business.

I just expect a lot more of the devs here, now more then ever with all the innovations in home, and certain devs have set the bar on certain items.

Hopper is right about Granzella having alot of gender-equality, though in Japan they've been coming out with a lot of female-only items which isn't fair to the guys who love Gz.

But Lockwood isn't what I'd call gender equal. In quantity they are, sure. But in quality...males usually get awesome stuff, while women are stuck with skimpy or sissy outfits. One reason I hardly buy any clothes from them (another being the abnormally tiny feet their shoes give women)

Anyways, if PSTALENT does come out with female outfits that are the same as, or directly on par with these male outfits, I don't mind putting my foot in my mouth if it means I'll be doing so in those awesome shiny shoes the guys are getting this week Smiley Tongue

Message 19 of 80 (196 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2012

HOPPER_34 wrote:

If you want plenty of female content visit Granzella, Lockwood (or any other developer in Home for that matter). They have more than over-compensated for what was apparently perceived as gender inequality for many, many months now. I'm sure your female items will be coming sometime soon from PSTalent as well.....and then anyone who whined about this release gets to put their foot in their mouth. Smiley Tongue

Im sure this new Dev will definitely appreciate your pointing people in the direction of other Dev's in over to get the content they want as supposed to buying home items from them (I guess the picture is you putting ur foot in ur mouth).  The reason these other Devs offer so much is because they know their community clientele.  Just recently the Konami Balloons release a 50's gangster outfits *Male Only* as well.  By no means am I whining about buying a home item, what I am pointing out (because obviously you missed it) is that not creating female versions of the outfit is a big mistake and if this Dev is too busy or doesn't have funds then he shouldn't be making these until they can afford it, obviously biting off more then they can chew.

Message 20 of 80 (195 Views)
0 Likes