Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: PSTALENT.COM is first community-born home developer - brings The Shadows Collection

Oct 31, 2012

DIRECTOR_ON_DUTY wrote:

Hello Everyone!

I apologize for not responding earlier, I've been in "creative mode" editing video and it’s hard to switch gears.

I have posted threads here and on the EU forums in the past; mostly related to video content. I have always appreciated the feedback, good or bad, because it helps me rate our progress. I don't see any difference in the feedback with virtual items as with video. It's all welcome. 

Let me first say that we, 'PSTALENT', emerged from the community. Every single member on this team, in-house or abroad, is an active HOME user, fully engaged gamers which many of you know as friends. We launched PST over 3 years ago with one goal and one goal only; to produce quality storytelling entertainment using the absolute best talent from the HOME community. That was our goal then and continues to be our goal now. I can assure you, we are very much in-touch with the community and have no plans on changing that.

As a publisher, the standards we place on our content are no different than our videos. We don't produce video just for the sake of broadcasting something. We are and have been very selective, even holding back content that we can't seem to get right. Again, the goal is GOOD, QUALITY entertainment.

The Shadows Collection was designed for the future production - The Chronicles of Shadows. Back in the day (May, 2010) when there weren't many options for 'bad guys' I shot the pilot episode but because HOME was going through an upgrade process (the avatar images were not developing fully - deer in the headlights look) I shelved the project. I never lost the intention on its production, it’s always been on my mind and having the ability to publish virtual items was the perfect opportunity to move forward.

For the ladies - from the fine details of hair strands to the textured fabric, from colors and body fit, all must be present in the ladies Shadows Collection for it to launch fulfilling the high expectations of the community. Money is not a deciding factor, the end result is.  As with the videos, we will not publish virtual items just to fill a void. We are working on something for the ladies and I'll post an update as we get closer to the launch date - I cannot produce the Chronicles of Shadows without seductive ladies. That wouldn't be fun.

We will launch other items unrelated to Shadows. Our content will always be related to our stories. SONY has given PSTALENT the tools needed to advance our productions and we plan on using it to the best of our ability. 

Thank you again for your feedback.  I may not answer so quickly but I do keep up on activity. 

~ DOD

Can't wait to see what you have in store for us from the video productions to the content and I'm sure the Ladies Shadows Collection is going to be sweet! 

Smiley Happy

Message 61 of 80 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Re: PSTALENT.COM is first community-born home developer - brings The Shadows Collection

[ Edited ]
Oct 31, 2012

Thank you for your communication Director. It's appreciated and gives us all a glimpse at what you hope to achieve with your new venture. I wish you luck and appreciate the fact that you welcome both the negative as well as the positive criticism.

Now then, you should have a "developer" designation here, shouldn't you? It seems only right.

Message 62 of 80 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Home Developer
332 posts

Oct 31, 2012

Thank you myalana! 

PST
Message 63 of 80 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

Oct 31, 2012

Thanks for responding Director, I always appreciate a dev who replies on the forum and reads the feedback.

It sounds promising that you are putting a lot of time and effort into the products, so while your debut offering made me jealous of what the males got, I look forward to seeing your women's clothing in the future (as long as we don't get tiny ties!)

Message 64 of 80 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Oct 31, 2012

With all that being said you should know your target customers and based on what you said this is about developing items based on YOUR videos.   Good luck with that, I still feel the same.

Message 65 of 80 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1108 posts

ManRe: PSTALENT.COM is first community-born home developer - brings The Shadows Collection

[ Edited ]
Oct 31, 2012

Man, there are so many things that I want to say about this that I am not sure I am allowed to share.

Most people are asking "what makes these suits different from the other similar ones released" or "why isn't there female suits".

The suits will be featured in PSTalent's "Chronicles of Shadows" series, so these suits directly tie in to our videos. You are buying the costume that will literally be used for that series.

For the ladies... Things had not exactly worked out for a ladies version. Needless to say, DOD is considering other options, so sit tight. Releasing these costumes for a single gender was something that caused some concern. DOD wants quality however, so the lull in a female suit is due to a lack of quality; believe me when I say DOD is a perfectionist and he does not let anything go until it is to his standards. That means that the female version are going to be different, and I hope people will appreciate the alterations between both genders. Many want suits on which both genders have, ahem, "defining attributes" and DOD is a firm believer of this; has been for a long time (See "The Junk" video on PSTalent.com).

Otherwise, I think DOD has said everything regarding the suits release, and the release of other non-related "CoS" items.

So sit tight, more is on the way. This is just PSTalent's introduction to the PSHome store. Please be kind. After all, PSTalent has only just begun.

The PSTalent team appreciates any comments and feedback regarding items and videos.

Platinum Trophy Collection
Resident Evil 5 Platinum TrophyinFAMOUS Platinum TrophyResistance 2 Platinum TrophyBatman Arkham Asylume Platinum TrophyAssassin's Creed II Master AssassinDemon's Souls Toughest SoulDante's Inferno Master of The InfernoAliens vs Predator Not Bad for A HumanDarksiders BFAStar Wars The Force Unleashed 100% Complete

Love machinima and Home videos? Find us on PSTalent.com to watch and possibly star in one of our latest projects! Meet other Home enthusiasts, play a few games and join a community that thrives on creation and unique perspectives.

- Animus_Requiem, Writing Director at PSTalent.com
Message 66 of 80 (245 Views)
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Oct 31, 2012

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

With all that being said you should know your target customers and based on what you said this is about developing items based on YOUR videos.   Good luck with that, I still feel the same.

So you're saying they should have put females above males, and not vice versa.

Is it just me or is it awfully hypocritical in here?

Message 67 of 80 (238 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: ManRe: PSTALENT.COM is first community-born home developer - brings The Shadows Collection

[ Edited ]
Oct 31, 2012

Animus_Requiem wrote:

The suits will be featured in PSTalent's "Chronicles of Shadows" series, so these suits directly tie in to our videos. You are buying the costume that will literally be used for that series.

I'm so happy this information is out now. I'm really looking forward to the video series and having clothes for a series in the Home theaters that one can wear in world is pretty special in my view.

Message 68 of 80 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Oct 31, 2012

ipwnzj00 wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

So you're saying they should have put females above males, and not vice versa.

Is it just me or is it awfully hypocritical in here?

its not just you, all i've been reading is waaah waaah waaah.   I think its really great - more devs and more options in home, congrats pstalent!

Message 69 of 80 (190 Views)
Uncharted Territory
900 posts

Oct 31, 2012

Great looking suits, Director! Best of luck, and I hope it goes well. Heart

More/new Devs on Home means increased longevity for Home, which makes me really happy. Home is owned by a multinational corporation, one that plays an important role in globalization, that has a bottom line. Home is funded by revenue, not good wishes and happy thoughts. Or screaming and crying and rolling around on the floor, for that matter. Anyone that's a business owner knows that's how it works in the real world. LOL

Message 70 of 80 (166 Views)