PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
4738 posts

Re: PSHome List of Updates (June 26 2013): Get Ready for Independence Day in PlayStation Home

Jun 26, 2013

TheBratPrince79 wrote:

Kikai this week or the next?

Not this week... Looking like next.  Not promising next though.

Tempest_Fire
Ex-PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Interactive Entertainment America
Message 11 of 27 (383 Views)
Lombax Warrior
84 posts

Re: PSHome List of Updates (June 26 2013): Get Ready for Independence Day in PlayStation Home

Jun 26, 2013
Lol ok thanks
Message 12 of 27 (379 Views)
0 Likes
4738 posts

Re: PSHome Blog Post: Get Ready for Independence Day in PlayStation Home

[ Edited ]
Jun 26, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

As it is, it seems all we hear from our Sony reps is "pay no attention to the fire, instead, look at all the shiny new stuff"!

• Can you address issues like item management (so that it isn't so bloody hard to use the items you all keep pushing us to buy)?
 Nothing on the table at this time about this.  However, we'll reach out to the Home Dev team and see if there's an intelligent work around for this.  If there is, we'll share.  If not, then we likely won't return to say that there's nothing new to share.

• Can you address issues like the character save slot folder which can take a long time to load before allowing us to even close the folder?
Same as above, and potentially even more tricky on our end.

• Can you address issues like the organization (or lack thereof) of the public and personal spaces in our nav menu?
The Ops team has a plan for how Public Spaces are laid out that's in the early stages. It's possible, that at some point in the execution of this plan, that we'll reach out to you all for feedback.  More to come on that in the future.  The Personal spaces are sorted by date/time of entitlement (when you got them).  We would you prefer to see?

• Can you address issues like the still missing option to save multiple layouts of our personal spaces (which if we had that option again, it would likely result in more sales of items to use for those multiple layouts)?
No info to share, we'll look into it.

• Can you address issues like why Home is still plagued with so many network disconnect errors?
Frankly, when we look at the data, the platform seems pretty stable since our updates a couple of months ago.  We can take another look, but the Dev team is regularly observing connectivity rates and planning ahead for increased stabilization.

• Can you address the issue that is the obvious elephant in the room, and answer why Sony has not made any mention about the future of Home, even on the PS3?

Answered above, but for the sake of completion: No news to share on this topic.

It should be painfully obvious by now, Sony's silence on these issues is causing a tremendous amount of dissent among your customers, has likely caused many to give up on the service, and those that continue to hope things improve to argue amongst each other due to the total lack of information coming from Sony - which has led to excessive speculation (something you appear to at least admit isn't ideal).

I spoke with some Operations guys and got some soft replies for you, posted above in red.  

Tempest_Fire
Message 13 of 27 (375 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3279 posts

Jun 26, 2013

Where are the wacky LMOS shown in the VIS video?  Had some people asking about them in-world but couldn't find them anywhere.

photo rsz_pshomeless1_zpst3ouqfpg.png
Message 14 of 27 (358 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
4438 posts

Jun 26, 2013

EDEA_KRAMER wrote:

tempest, can you answer a question that me and many others want to know? why was the villains lair set removed and will it ever return? i really need that set for some decorations and would be very pleased if it were restored if only for a short while

I have to think back, but from what I remember the developers of the space and items were no longer working on Home and one of the items was broken, thus we decided to remove all the content from the store to prevent users from buying broken items. I need to dig back into my notes but I'm pretty sure it revolved around this.

Message 15 of 27 (331 Views)
0 Likes
4738 posts

Jun 26, 2013

Joystick_Warrior wrote:

EDEA_KRAMER wrote:

tempest, can you answer a question that me and many others want to know? why was the villains lair set removed and will it ever return? i really need that set for some decorations and would be very pleased if it were restored if only for a short while

I have to think back, but from what I remember the developers of the space and items were no longer working on Home and one of the items was broken, thus we decided to remove all the content from the store to prevent users from buying broken items. I need to dig back into my notes but I'm pretty sure it revolved around this.

Thanks J_W!

Tempest_Fire
Message 16 of 27 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
539 posts

Jun 26, 2013

Joystick_Warrior wrote:

EDEA_KRAMER wrote:

i thought sony was the dev behind the set? is it possible to add some of the items minus the broken one? please consider this. its a great set and no items are even close to the style of them. thanks for the reply as well

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 17 of 27 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3093 posts

Jun 26, 2013

EDEA_KRAMER wrote:

Kudos, but I wish you had made a separate thread. I'd hate to see this get lost.

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 18 of 27 (299 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
4438 posts

Jun 26, 2013

EDEA_KRAMER wrote:

Joystick_Warrior wrote:

EDEA_KRAMER wrote:

i thought sony was the dev behind the set? is it possible to add some of the items minus the broken one? please consider this. its a great set and no items are even close to the style of them. thanks for the reply as well

No matter who the developer were, they were not working on Home anymore from what I recall, they moved on to other projects within the company. In addition to clarify a bit more, the personal space was buggy and broken too and since no one was there to fix it, we removed the space and in turn took the related merchandise too. That being said, your suggestion about bringing them back belongs....well in a suggestion thread Smiley Happy 

Message 19 of 27 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
1728 posts

Jun 26, 2013

Joystick_Warrior wrote:

EDEA_KRAMER wrote:

Joystick_Warrior wrote:

EDEA_KRAMER wrote:

No matter who the developer were, they were not working on Home anymore from what I recall, they moved on to other projects within the company. In addition to clarify a bit more, the personal space was buggy and broken too and since no one was there to fix it, we removed the space and in turn took the related merchandise too. That being said, your suggestion about bringing them back belongs....well in a suggestion thread Smiley Happy 

Wait!  What?  I didn't even notice the Villains Lair was removed from the store.  Was that quite awhile ago?

jason 1 8 0 2 1 2 8 signature
Message 20 of 27 (289 Views)
0 Likes