Aug 19 2014
By: BeautyByMe Splicer 20 posts

PSH National NEWCOMERS DAY SEPT 1ST

[ Edited ]
73 replies 986 views Edited Aug 20, 2014

HI ALL..

THIS IS A DAY THAT IS HOSTED BY THE PSH COMMUNITY, FOR THE COMMUNITY.

I AM SURE WE ALL REMEMBER THE VERY FIRST DAY ON PSH... RIGHT? SOME OF US HAD GREAT EXPERIENCES AND SOME OF US HAD NOT SO GREAT EXPERIENCES...

EITHER WAY SOMEONE HELPED US AND FRIENDED US...

HERE IS A NATIONAL DAY FOR YOU TO RETURN THE FAVOR. :-)

HOW TO PARTICIPATE....
- DRESS LIKE A NOOB (PIC OF ATTIRE POSTED)
- ASK FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU AT A NOOB HEAVY PUBLIC SPACE
- SPREAD THE WORD TO ALL THE NON NOOBS IN THE SPACE WHERE YOU ARE HANGING OUT
-FRIEND A NOOB
- SPREAD THE WORD

(IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY ABOUT THIS MOVEMENT, I ASK THAT YOU DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL)

PSH National Newcomers Day .bmp

Message 1 of 74 (986 Views)
Splicer
20 posts

Re: PSH National NOOB/NEWBIE DAY SEPT 1ST

Aug 19, 2014

This is going to be awesome!!!

Message 2 of 74 (985 Views)
Lombax Warrior
45 posts

Aug 19, 2014

This is wonderful, never knew why people are so mean to noobs.  We were all new at sometime.  Talking true noobs here not "Trolls" there is a big difference.

Message 3 of 74 (969 Views)
Fender Bender
1570 posts

Aug 19, 2014

@BeautyByMe Your intention is admirable and I know meant to foster a positive movement towards reaching out to new members of our community. Many of us reach out to new players daily during our rounds in Home or here on the forum. But maybe some need a nudge to help others.

What I would suggest is that you rethink using the words NOOB or NEWB. To many here the terms are offensive. Although I understand what you are trying to do, will not participate in a event using those words. Good luck and hope you consider updating your event name as to not label new people. 

Thank you, Mur

P.S. @Digitman3  I know there is a difference between Noob and Newb, but still find both offensive.

Posted Image
Message 4 of 74 (928 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Aug 19, 2014

Interesting, Should not be to hard to find a newbie. Many times they type in all caps.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 5 of 74 (883 Views)
Uncharted Territory
903 posts

Aug 19, 2014
@MysticMur Completely, agreed.
 photo FotoFlexer_Photo_zpsdb1a5950.jpg
Message 6 of 74 (870 Views)
Wastelander
870 posts

Aug 19, 2014

what if i dont want to friend a noob?

not because theyre noob but i just dont friend random ppl, i only friend ppl i get to know in time.

I guess that part isnt an obligation.

Message 7 of 74 (831 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
665 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 20, 2014

While I think this sounds like a good idea, I think just one day isn't enough. I think we should be helping new people to home every day. The more new people that come and stay on home, the longer and better home will be.

I often go to the hub when I have free time on home. I enjoy meeting new people and giving them a hand. Yes I have met a ton of sick puppies but it doesn't stop me from going back. I always keep a couple of slots free so I can add new people and give them a proper tour. It really doesn't take that long, and can be a great time.

I really hope your event is a succsess, but I think you might attract more trolls than new people. Either way I hope you keep helping new people because it might just mean a slightly longer life for home. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 74 (802 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Aug 19, 2014
Challenge accepted.
My noob better have some games or they are getting deleted tho.
Message 9 of 74 (738 Views)
I Only Post Everything
735 posts

Aug 19, 2014

This is an awesome idea! Not only is it new and creative, everyone can really participate! I really like this! It should be easy since my wardrobe resets itself randomly, LOL.

It's a good time to reflect on Home's best days but also to hope for a good Home future! I can't believe I am saying this but I actually hope to see a server full of noobs that day! xD

Message 10 of 74 (720 Views)