Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Re: PS4 Home question/comment

Apr 24, 2013

As I've stated before, it's mostly 50/50.

There's been no real indication that there is a Playstation Home on PS4, but there has been no real proof that there isn't.

I believe it's much too early to even state one or the other, since there's no real evidence to back either up.

It would be nice to know if there is going to be a place for us Home users, on the PS4. 

But until people get actual proof of such, we should just keep enjoying the Home we have now on the PS3.

Still months away before a PS4 release, months that will involve a lot of changes and even more content to enjoy.

My suggestion is for people to not fall prey into rumors, unless Sony has said so themselves..then it's probably not credible. 

Message 31 of 39 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 24, 2013

leirbag_v wrote:

I suppose it is a difference in personal philosophies - live for today versus plan for the future.  I guess I'm inclined to follow the latter, but perhaps you have a point.  I'll think about that, thanks.

I think a balanced approach is best, at least for me.  Enjoy what I have, but plan for the future, and thus stay informed and keep an open mind.

Even those that pretend everything in Home is rosy and only care about having fun now with no thought of tomorrow would likely get quite upset if Home got shutdown - especially if they didn't get much of a warning.

While I agree it's important to not forget that Home is supposed to be fun, and that there are many ways to have fun in Home (when it is working properly) and enjoy what we have (although the core functionality of Home makes it harder and harder to even find things we have), but it's also reasonable to want to have some idea of what may or may not happen in the future, as it wouldn't make sense to spend a lot of money on something that may not be around fro very much longer.

For instance, would one feel OK if they bought a MMO video game from a company that already knew it planned on ending support for that game and removing it from the servers, but didn't tell anyone, and just a few months later - after you had invested a lot of time and money on your character and DLC, they remove the game.   I think most people would be fairly upset about that, and rightfully so.

I asked this before, but if Sony were to close down Home, how much of an advanced warning would be reasonable?  A year?  Six Months?  A month?    Based on some comments (although they hardly hide their bias) some make it sound like they wouldn't care if they got absolutely no warning at all.  I just find that hard to believe.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 32 of 39 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Apr 24, 2013

My brother used to play an online TTG Lord of the Rings card game. It was owned and operated by Decipher. SOA bought them out and decided shortly after to discontinue the game. They kept the servers running for 3 years before shutting the doors.

Hard to know what could happen if Home were to not migrate to PS4. 

Message 33 of 39 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Apr 24, 2013

I get it, I honestly do. I just think like most of us do and that is that we want to know things way ahead of time. No one has even seen the playstation 4. We can't even buy one for 6 months at least. A lot can happen between now and then either way.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 34 of 39 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8185 posts

Nov 22, 2013
"A lot can happen between now and then either way."

Or not.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
With few exceptions, true suppression, repression and oppression is often fueled by fear, not by logic or reasonable morality
Message 35 of 39 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Nov 22, 2013

Aeryn_James wrote:
"A lot can happen between now and then either way."

Or not.

Make it stop Aeryn! I know you love you some Home on PS4 (I'm just gonna call em HOPS 4 threads), but no one wants to see this mess all over page one.

Message 36 of 39 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8185 posts

Nov 22, 2013
HOPS, nice. Okay, okay. I stop.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
With few exceptions, true suppression, repression and oppression is often fueled by fear, not by logic or reasonable morality
Message 37 of 39 (226 Views)
Fender Bender
3032 posts

Nov 22, 2013

I'm guessing the logic here is to"Necropost" till you either run out of of threads or we get an answer? anyhow im going to bet on horse 3 and say its going to be alot longer till we hear anything like the Friday after never that has a blue moon oh and pigs have to fly on that day!

lolol photo Silver_off_her_meds_zps28989ad6.gif

"Honestly it wasn't suggestive at all it was quite blatant!"
I like R2 options!
Message 38 of 39 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
636 posts

Nov 22, 2013

I don't really think it is necassarily and either or postion, just because you have a PS4, doesn't mean you have to stop using your PS3, or Home for that matter.  The PS4 is a very good machine, and I've enjoy using it, this past week.  One of the cool things you can do is use the PS4 and PS3 in tandum,  meaning, I can run my account on both machines at the same time.   So I can load Home, and park my avatar somewhere, then play a game on the PS4, then if I need to I can jump back into Home at a moments notice I can.   

I sort of came to the conclusion that, for now, Home can live quite nicely on the PS3 for the time being.  There is no need  for it to be rushed onto the PS4.  We're still getting lots of terrific content on Home, the new Western space from Digitial Leisure is a prime example of that, and I'm sure there's still lots of great content still coming. 

I would like to see Home move to the PS4 in the future though, because I think it could benefit from being on that platform. People are already doing lots of creative stuff with Home, so I think given how powerful the PS4 is, Home on it would likely give people an even greater opportunity to be creative.  If it does make it to PS4, I'd like to see Home's developers take their time moving it to the PS4 so it is done right.  

Message 39 of 39 (182 Views)