Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: PS4 Home question/comment

[ Edited ]
Apr 23, 2013

leirbag_v wrote:

I have found myself really hesitant to spend any more money in PS Home since the announcement of PS4, and without any information if Home is coming to PS4.  Anyone else experiencing this?  I'm a late blommer to Home.  I really only started hanging out in Home for about a year.  In a year's time I've purchased a number of personal spaces, clothing, games, etc, and I would really hate to lose that if PS4 will not continue with Home.  I guess I could go back to the PS3 to play Home, but that just seems silly, right?

Any news about PS4 and Home?

We are all waiting for an official announcement which should come in the not too distant future. I would suspect once the system is officially unveiled at E3 the Sony team will have to field questions relating to Home specifically. Any speculation is based on personal opinion and is not official. Hard to know what is going to happen but no one on this forum has the inside information. 

Message 11 of 39 (420 Views)
Lombax Warrior
96 posts

Apr 23, 2013

This is the kind of PS4 straight talk I was looking for!

Thanks for the information and now I really know that I won't be spending any more money in Home from here on out.  And that is a shame because I really enjoyed it for the short time that I was there and more involved than I had been since I bought the PS3.

Message 12 of 39 (415 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
842 posts

Re: Playstation Home for PS4?

Apr 23, 2013

I don't really use Home, but I wouldn't mind seeing it on the PS4. Heck, might even be a whole lot better considering the PS4's power.

Message 13 of 39 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Apr 23, 2013

leirbag_v wrote:

This is the kind of PS4 straight talk I was looking for!

Thanks for the information and now I really know that I won't be spending any more money in Home from here on out.  And that is a shame because I really enjoyed it for the short time that I was there and more involved than I had been since I bought the PS3.

Keep in mind that anything you hear that is not from Sony officially is speculation. Joanna said we are awaiting official word.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 14 of 39 (409 Views)
Lombax Warrior
96 posts

Apr 23, 2013

Yes, thank you, I think I understood what she was saying.  I'm just not willing to put down any more money for an uknown future.  Like I said, in a little over a year I think I tried to make up for the time and I bought a number of personal spaces, clothing, games, etc, and now I'm feeling like I put down some good money only to have it's future unknown.  So, for now, I won't be spending anymore money until the official notice.  So look for me wearing last years clothes!  Nope, won't find me riding a horse or with a new motorcycle!

Message 15 of 39 (403 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 23, 2013

StardustChampion wrote:

The reason there hasn't been an announcement is because developers are working on a new social gaming platform for the PS4. It's quite different from Home. Once Sony unveils it, people will begin to realize what's going on and will curb their spending.

Home was designed with the Cell architecture in mind. It won't be ported to the PS4 since Sony realized the benefit in switching to x86. Home would have to be emulated, which is unrealistic.

Last I heard, Sony had planned to keep Home up for some time after the PS4 launches, but I wouldn't plan on that being too long give SOE's track record.

Anyone who presumes items they've purchased for Playstation Home will be available indefinitely aren't thinking ahead. Read the EULA.You don't own any content on Home, it's all being leased. Sony may revoke it at any time.

again, SOE is Sony Online Entertainment and differs from home but it has something in common. SOE runs Final Fantasy 11 online. FFXI much like Home was written off after its first 2 years and had very little advertisements/commercials yet its still going on PS2 btw.. 2002-

HomeStationMagazine
Message 16 of 39 (397 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Apr 23, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Hard to know what is going to happen but no one on this forum has the inside information. 

Someone who hates social networking posted pictures to a private forum where people in the game industry go to vent (and warn others where not to work).

Previous posts from that user have always been legit, and the images were taken down within 12 hours.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 17 of 39 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Apr 23, 2013

StardustChampion wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Hard to know what is going to happen but no one on this forum has the inside information. 

Someone who hates social networking posted pictures to a private forum where people in the game industry go to vent (and warn others where not to work).

Previous posts from that user have always been legit, and the images were taken down within 12 hours.

Sorry but you're not the where with all for information. i personally take very little you have to say seriously. You are more than welcome to do the same with anything I post. If you don't have a link to support your statement sorry IT IS NOT OFFICIAL INFORMATION no matter how often you try and make believe it is.

We'll find out soon enough and we'll deal with the good or the bad when it arrives. Until there is something official I'm not going to listen to speculation by users here who think they know it all. 

Message 18 of 39 (369 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Apr 23, 2013

I never claimed to be an official source. In fact, the person who posted these pictures works for a third party and is not a Sony employee.

You might not like what I have to say, but that doesn't invalidate it.

If that information can help leirbag_v further down the road, then I'm not going to pretend everything is rosy.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 19 of 39 (341 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 23, 2013

StardustChampion wrote:

I never claimed to be an official source. In fact, the person who posted these pictures works for a third party and is not a Sony employee.

You might not like what I have to say, but that doesn't invalidate it.

If that information can help leirbag_v further down the road, then I'm not going to pretend everything is rosy.

It doesn't make it true. Sorry you don't work for Home Management. I'll wait for them to tell the community what is coming. Speading unsupported/undocumented information is irresponsible.

It's just as easy to say that no decision has been announced and that there is a good chance in your OPINION that is won't be on ps4 but to make a blanket statement the way you do in thread after thead is simply irresponsible.

Message 20 of 39 (377 Views)
0 Likes