Apr 23 2013
By: leirbag_v Lombax Warrior 96 posts

PS4 Home question/comment

38 replies 509 views Edited Apr 23, 2013

I have found myself really hesitant to spend any more money in PS Home since the announcement of PS4, and without any information if Home is coming to PS4.  Anyone else experiencing this?  I'm a late blommer to Home.  I really only started hanging out in Home for about a year.  In a year's time I've purchased a number of personal spaces, clothing, games, etc, and I would really hate to lose that if PS4 will not continue with Home.  I guess I could go back to the PS3 to play Home, but that just seems silly, right?

Any news about PS4 and Home?

Message 7 of 39 (509 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Playstation Home for PS4?

[ Edited ]
Apr 23, 2013

any word on this?

Edit: Similar threads merged

U--J

Message 1 of 39 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Re: Playstation Home for PS4?

Apr 23, 2013

We'll find out at E3.... maybe.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 2 of 39 (383 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10011 posts

Apr 23, 2013
hopefully they'll announce it for the Vita as well I'd be excited for it
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 3 of 39 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Apr 23, 2013

Fribble wrote:

any word on this?

No word yet. Unfortunately, the media hasn't taken a liking to PlayStation's exclusive social network, and not only rarely covers the application, but also often makes fun of it when they do. Because of this, I doubt we'll get news regarding the application at E3. Most probably, any Home news will come directly from this site or a quick tweet or Facebook post.

To be honest, while I was enamored with PlayStation Home at first, and was passionate enough to become part of the first wave of Home Community Volunteers, it does seem to struggle with its identity even more today than it did when I frequented the Home community.

I do have a suspicion that moving the save data entirely to Home's server's (which means a significant investment on Sony's end) is a good sign that we may in fact see Home on the PS4.

Now, if that's the case, I'm sure the Vita will be included in that plan as well.

Time will tell I guess. 

Message 4 of 39 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Apr 23, 2013
Spoiler
Don't know should be put on xbox, ps3 for gamers !!

Message 5 of 39 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3916 posts

Apr 23, 2013

Tinys wrote:
hopefully they'll announce it for the Vita as well I'd be excited for it

If I'm not mistaken, as of right now, the closest thing to Home the Vita is going to get is an app called Friend Network.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 39 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 23, 2013
I don't know, but if it does happen, I'll prob check it out for the first month or two, and then get quite bored of it.

Unless of course, they add more fun options for those who don't wish to put all their money in for it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 8 of 39 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Apr 23, 2013

Eh, I was never much of a fan of PS Home.

PS1~PS2~PS3~PSP~PS Vita~Dreamcast.
-Killzone Mercenary Beta Tester
Free userbars
Message 9 of 39 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Re: PS4 Home question/comment

Apr 23, 2013

The reason there hasn't been an announcement is because developers are working on a new social gaming platform for the PS4. It's quite different from Home. Once Sony unveils it, people will begin to realize what's going on and will curb their spending.

Home was designed with the Cell architecture in mind. It won't be ported to the PS4 since Sony realized the benefit in switching to x86. Home would have to be emulated, which is unrealistic.

Last I heard, Sony had planned to keep Home up for some time after the PS4 launches, but I wouldn't plan on that being too long give SOE's track record.

Anyone who presumes items they've purchased for Playstation Home will be available indefinitely aren't thinking ahead. Read the EULA.You don't own any content on Home, it's all being leased. Sony may revoke it at any time.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 10 of 39 (485 Views)