I Only Post Everything
1083 posts

Re: PS3 needs something like achievment points, you agree?

Jun 19, 2007

PoseidonXIII wrote:
I definitely hate the way Live is.  The only thing they make easy is purchasing content.  Naturally.  As far as online game play, I never get lag on Sony, and I never pay for Sony.  Go figure.  Can't say the same for Live. 

I hate the point system for buying things.  Actually it was really smart of Live to do it because you are always left with points, which drives you to buy a few more to get something else.
Jesus saves.........Jagr shoots............ He scores!!!!!!
Message 51 of 65 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4439 posts

Jun 19, 2007

MmhmBeer wrote:

PoseidonXIII wrote:
I definitely hate the way Live is.  The only thing they make easy is purchasing content.  Naturally.  As far as online game play, I never get lag on Sony, and I never pay for Sony.  Go figure.  Can't say the same for Live. 

I hate the point system for buying things.  Actually it was really smart of Live to do it because you are always left with points, which drives you to buy a few more to get something else.

Yeah, like buying tickets at a carnival. 

It's a ripoff with pretty lights.... like a carnival.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 52 of 65 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
600 posts

Jun 19, 2007
All this talk about 'I Hate Acheivements' is completly BS. If it wasnt for the acheivement system, some games that I have would of been collecting dust when I end them. I find myself still playing Tony Hawks American Wasteland just to find the last gap.

Acheivements was a great idea and Sony knows this. Its a way to sell more games for the console. For example, when Guitar Hero 2 came out for the PS2 and the other console,  I find myself waiting for the release of  GH2 for the 360 just because of acheivements (even though the 360 version was more expensive.
"If you look at our competitors, one machine has zero backwards compatibility and one only has it with a third of their games but our product will always be 100% backwards compatible."

Yeah...Mr. Tretton should probably double-check his facts before doing interviews in the future.
Message 53 of 65 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1841 posts

Jun 19, 2007

gtajak wrote:
I really hope playstation 3 incorporates some sort of gamerpoints system that works as good or better than that big white box. It really is a huge selling point to have a gamertag matched with you game achievments because it identifies who you are as a gamer and also shows your accomplishments which will be there forever which is icing on the cake for hours and hours spent on games these days. Sony has to at least equal this system if not better it to really stay competitive. I own all consoles and this really keeps 90% of my gaming time occupied because I not only am enjoying the game but improving my gamertag score with every accomplishment.

Look up HOME
Message 54 of 65 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4439 posts

Jun 19, 2007

Stryfeno1 wrote:
All this talk about 'I Hate Acheivements' is completly BS. If it wasnt for the acheivement system, some games that I have would of been collecting dust when I end them. I find myself still playing Tony Hawks American Wasteland just to find the last gap.

Acheivements was a great idea and Sony knows this. Its a way to sell more games for the console. For example, when Guitar Hero 2 came out for the PS2 and the other console,  I find myself waiting for the release of  GH2 for the 360 just because of acheivements (even though the 360 version was more expensive.

So basically, Achievements are substitution for making a good, in-depth story. Point taken.
Message 55 of 65 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2923 posts

Jun 19, 2007

PoseidonXIII wrote:

Stryfeno1 wrote:

So basically, Achievements are substitution for making a good, in-depth story. Point taken.

No, i think he was saying it added replay value...which is what i said earlier in this thread.
Message 56 of 65 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1756 posts

Jun 19, 2007
Yeah, I read something about that. Will the achievement type thing be available WITHOUT online? It'll be kinda the same with the other console by earning ahaievements on game and it will be on your profile. I wish this is possible because i wont have my PS3 connected to the internet in a LONG time, until i move out of the house.

Message 57 of 65 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
704 posts

Jun 19, 2007
HOME and the HALL OF FAME is the answer to your question

Message 58 of 65 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4439 posts

Jun 19, 2007

J_Hunng wrote:

PoseidonXIII wrote:

Stryfeno1 wrote:

No, i think he was saying it added replay value...which is what i said earlier in this thread.

I played and beat Final Fantasy 7 several times, and my only reason was cuz I wanted the full experience. I heard there were other ways of playing and enjoying it, and many hidden summon spells, etc. I know many that did the same. Same thing happened with all the Final Fantasy games, Metal Gear games, Resident Evil games, Mario games... basically every game that isn't on the "achievement" console... has good replay value without giving you lame objectives. "Play online 1,000,000 times and get 30 points!" That is the sorriest excuse for "adding replay value" I've ever heard in my life.

Why don't they hide contents? Add cool items and not tell anyone where they are? Things like that. That's replay value. Achievements are repetition.
Message 59 of 65 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2923 posts

Jun 19, 2007

PoseidonXIII wrote:

J_Hunng wrote:

PoseidonXIII wrote:

Stryfeno1 wrote:

I played and beat Final Fantasy 7 several times, and my only reason was cuz I wanted the full experience. I heard there were other ways of playing and enjoying it, and many hidden summon spells, etc. I know many that did the same. Same thing happened with all the Final Fantasy games, Metal Gear games, Resident Evil games, Mario games... basically every game that isn't on the "achievement" console... has good replay value without giving you lame objectives. "Play online 1,000,000 times and get 30 points!" That is the sorriest excuse for "adding replay value" I've ever heard in my life.

Why don't they hide contents? Add cool items and not tell anyone where they are? Things like that. That's replay value. Achievements are repetition.

Well all acheivments arent "play online a million times and get 30 pts.." thats just being hard on it...u explained why u didnt like it, but really, to some games, it does add replay value, not all games are quest games like what u named.
Message 60 of 65 (4 Views)
0 Likes