Fender Bender
4439 posts

Re: PS3 needs something like achievment points, you agree?

Jun 19, 2007
It's just a pat on the back that brings light to their otherwise meaningless daily lives.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 21 of 65 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1540 posts

Jun 19, 2007
achievement points are bs. You can have friends just stand there and let you kill him to earn points
Message 22 of 65 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1083 posts

Jun 19, 2007

PoseidonXIII wrote:
It's just a pat on the back that brings light to their otherwise meaningless daily lives.

Exactly and some people actually think that it means something.  Don't you people realize the gamerscores are for losers who have nothing else to be proud of in life.  Kinda like glitchers there was a controversey over people downloading game saves to get more gamerscore.  Now I always thought people who took the time to figure out and continue to glitch were huge dorks, but people who put a lot of stock into gamerscore are even huger dorks.
Jesus saves.........Jagr shoots............ He scores!!!!!!
Message 23 of 65 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2923 posts

Jun 19, 2007
Come on, gamerscores and achievements arent that bad...when the PS3 has them, everybody knows darn well they will like it.
Message 24 of 65 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
680 posts

Jun 19, 2007
Achievements? Who came up with this brilliant idea?

Achievements seem like a bit of laziness on the developers end to make their games look as if they had more depth to them. Do you really think killing an additional 30 zombies adds anything to the game? Or does is just make the game seem more empty than it really is?

Also, what majority of players really gives a care about this? 10%? I doubt it's even that high.

Back in the old days and achievement was beating the game on HARD or collecting 100 coins, then you got to see the best ending and opened up stuff.

Hey, whatever brings new gamers to the fold is fine with me....but don't water down my game with "achievements", because in reality you haven't achieved anything...except waste countless hours in front of the TV.

Here's a cool acheivement.....get a job! get a car! make some money! buy some property!
Message 25 of 65 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4439 posts

Jun 19, 2007

J_Hunng wrote:
Come on, gamerscores and achievements arent that bad...when the PS3 has them, everybody knows darn well they will like it.

Not me, sister.

I stand by it.  I hated gamerscore and achievements before, and I'll hate them when PS3 uses them.
Message 26 of 65 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1083 posts

Jun 19, 2007

FrankTheCrank wrote:

Achievements seem like a bit of laziness on the developers end to make their games look as if they had more depth to them. Do you really think killing an additional 30 zombies adds anything to the game? Or does is just make the game seem more empty than it really is?

Also, what majority of players really gives a care about this? 10%? I doubt it's even that high.

Back in the old days and achievement was beating the game on HARD or collecting 100 coins, then you got to see the best ending and opened up stuff.

Hey, whatever brings new gamers to the fold is fine with me....but don't water down my game with "achievements", because in reality you haven't achieved anything...except waste countless hours in front of the TV.

Here's a cool acheivement.....get a job! get a car! make some money! buy some property!

You my friend have hit the nail right on the head with the post.
Jesus saves.........Jagr shoots............ He scores!!!!!!
Message 27 of 65 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2923 posts

Jun 19, 2007

PoseidonXIII wrote:

J_Hunng wrote:

Not me, sister.

I stand by it.  I hated gamerscore and achievements before, and I'll hate them when PS3 uses them.

Ok...oh, i didnt know i was your sister!
Message 28 of 65 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2923 posts

Jun 19, 2007

FrankTheCrank wrote:

Well it doesnt detract, and yes, it does add some replay value...

Its not the old days...people like new things, as evidenced by whats going on in the video game world.

Message 29 of 65 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
260 posts

Jun 19, 2007

Jackbullitt wrote:
I think (I'm not a Home beta tester so I don't know how the game achievements are going to work) the problem with Home is that you're gonna run out of room to store stuff in. Let's say you beat 100 games. Each of those 100 games gives you a trophy. You're gonna make a room in your "house" hold 100 trophies? Talk about a cluster *beep*! What's neat about the Xbox gamer card is that its simple. You can have millions of numbers and you won't run out of room. But equally, its lame because most achievement points aren't hard to get.

There needs to be something like a super medal, special skins, or an armor full plate decoration that you can wear. That'd be freaking hot!

I don't know if someone already addressed this, but I am too lazy to read through 2 more pages of posts. So I'm going to.

The Trophies won't go in your room itself...

There is a seperate display............giant room. With loads of stand for hundreds and hundreds of trophies to go on. Watch the videos, it's in there.
Message 30 of 65 (3 Views)
0 Likes