Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Re: PS3 and Achievements

Aug 3, 2007

H3llMafia wrote:
Home has a trophy system.

So if it is like the competitor's system, some people would have 500 trophies if they played enough games... dosen't make sense.
Games I'm INTERESTED* in for 2008: Fallout 3, Fracture, Saints Row 2, SOCOM: Confrontation, BioShock, Far Cry 2, LittleBigPlanet, Resistance 2, Call of Duty: World at War, Mirror's Edge, Prince of Persia, and Mega Man 9.

*Buying decisions will be based on reviews and/or trophy support.
Message 11 of 26 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
588 posts

Aug 3, 2007
No!!! gamerscore, just Trophy at home is cool. one thing that sucked on the 360 was getting kicked because low GS meant No0b.
Message 12 of 26 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
222 posts

Aug 3, 2007
The achievement system does add alot of replay value to games, the online ones are the mutiplayer killers though, everyone with this ravage hard on about getting 10 kills without dying and so on. I do like the fact that Sony is using this feature, now I just want all the "ZOMG MICROSUCK STOLE THAT FROM SONY OMGWTF!!!!!!" to shut up about who came up with what idea.
Message 13 of 26 (4 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Aug 3, 2007
I'm new to the online console gaming experience and didn't know yet if I was for or against.

Have played some R:FoM, I can say that the army ribbons are very cool. I like seeing which skillful things I've accomplished. I also enjoyed seeing the stats. There's something motivating in seeing all that, because instead of just replaying because I enjoyed some scenery or boss fight, I have distinct numbers to "shoot" for.

I do a lot of bicycle training and if it wasn't for my on-bike computer telling me when I've hit what mileage or average speed, I wouldn't always be able to tell when I really need to push harder, or miss all kinds progress momentum.

As far as ranking and score lists go, I find those kinds of things motivating as well. It gives me opportunities to think, "hey, I could probably slide up a few more slots if I hanker down and give it a bit more juice." I do that on Stardust HD all the time and it's working! I keep moving up!

The kill-joy is when the scores are so high, it looks like a robot earned them. On Stardust, after a week of play I'm up to about 2million points, but there's people in the 11million range. That blows my mind. I'm doing some amazing twitch-reflex gameplay to get that 2mill, and yet there's people that make my effort a joke hehe. I'd like to know if there's a technique I'm missing!
---
PS3 Game list: R:FoM, Oblivion, VF5, Poker, Blast Factor, Stardust and Crash Bandicoot PS1DL.
Message 14 of 26 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
663 posts

Aug 3, 2007
Casa!!!
PSN ID: JuJuRMJ
Lets get a game going!
Message 15 of 26 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1231 posts

Aug 3, 2007

Blayze187 wrote:
The achievement system does add alot of replay value to games, the online ones are the mutiplayer killers though, everyone with this ravage hard on about getting 10 kills without dying and so on. I do like the fact that Sony is using this feature, now I just want all the "ZOMG MICROSUCK STOLE THAT FROM SONY OMGWTF!!!!!!" to shut up about who came up with what idea.

acheivements add to replay value  lol you need a life. i have never even looked at 1 ach for the 360 and dont care. now trouphies are preety cool for the home
Message 16 of 26 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7018 posts

Aug 3, 2007
Home

PLAYB3YOND
Grand Theft Auto V, Battlefield 3, The Last Of Us
PLAYSTATION®3 - PLAYB3YOND

New User Guide | MVP Discussion | Mr. Satsu® | MVP FAQ | Community News | My PS3 Games
Message 17 of 26 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
953 posts

Aug 4, 2007
i hope they make it work out in HOME!!
Message 18 of 26 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2239 posts

Aug 4, 2007
Message 19 of 26 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5346 posts

Aug 4, 2007
I like the whole achievement idea because it pushes you to do other things in the game besudes just getting first place in races such as mayb take out a certain amount of people using a bike. or others but yeah it should be kool.
Photobucket

Get Low...
Message 20 of 26 (4 Views)
0 Likes