Mar 28 2014
By: don99913 Wastelander 627 posts
Accepted Solution

PS Plus and Home

17 replies 413 views Edited Mar 28, 2014

I am getting PSPlus for free for a month and wondered if people can tell me the advantage of this in Home.  So far I scooped up all the free stuff in X7 but is there any other things it good for beside more save slots  and balloon colors?  Also any recomendations of things to do with it besides Home?   How do you find Home stuff in PSN store?  I searched Home but didnt see anything.  Where do you look.  Thanks for your help in advance.

Message 1 of 18 (413 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
995 posts

Re: PS Plus and Home

Mar 28, 2014

PS Store might not list all store items from PS Home., nor has the listing been updated for some time.

PS Plus can be used for PS Store to get free games, discounts and so on.

Message 2 of 18 (375 Views)
Fender Bender
2036 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 28, 2014

With PlayStation Plus there is also an advanced hair color customization feature. Everything else you stated other then that is PS Plus's only other benefits in PlayStation Home, So you have seen it all.

You may also find PlayStation Home content in the PSN Store by going to Add-Ons>Home Items and you will have a large amount of PS Home content to view.

Screenshot (5).png

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 18 (372 Views)
Gaming Beast
1569 posts

Mar 28, 2014
Also, you have access to exclusive pop up colors for your avatar, plus double the amount of save slots in your wardrobe for your avatar also. Other than tidbit of more info, both Dukenator and Lego Fire covered pretty much everything else.
Message 4 of 18 (367 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5694 posts

Mar 28, 2014

just remeber when your plus expires you lose access to all HOME freebies you got

images.jpg

Message 5 of 18 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
5821 posts

Mar 28, 2014

The discounted games are definitely the draw for me. Bioshock has some deals for $5 if you like the series. Unlike the rented stuff you get for free any purchased items you get to keep.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 6 of 18 (334 Views)
Survivor
2432 posts

Mar 28, 2014

TSFRJ wrote:

just remeber when your plus expires you lose access to all HOME freebies you got

This is partially false information: you only lose access to any PS Plus Home freebies you got. This does NOT include anything labeled "plus" received during any event.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 18 (310 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
5755 posts

Mar 28, 2014
• The option to display a "+" logo above your head/next to your PSN ID as long as you're a PS+ member
• Wardrobe rentals (like the "+" logo head item) to use as long as you're a PS+ member
• Extra pop-up text colors to choose from as long as you're a PS+ member
• Custom hair and makeup colors to use as long as you're a PS+ member
• Extra wardrobe save slots to use as long as you're a PS+ member (remember to shift the saves you like most back to the first 20-something default slots before PS+ expires)
• Access to x7 as long as you're a PS+ member (any items purchased from x7 stores, whether free, discounted or paid, will still be yours to keep when PS+ expires)

Message 8 of 18 (302 Views)
I Only Post Everything
995 posts

Mar 28, 2014

StephieRawks wrote:
• The option to display a "+" logo above your head/next to your PSN ID as long as you're a PS+ member

I had a PS+ member ask me where to find that option.  IMO, it should be enabled by default when you join PS+.

Message 9 of 18 (295 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28204 posts

Mar 28, 2014

don99913 wrote:

I am getting PSPlus for free for a month and wondered if people can tell me the advantage of this in Home.

If you do choose to subsribe to PlayStation Plus after your free month, do so not just for Home, but for the whole Plus package. Make the cost of the subsciption worth it's value in "goods":

Betas

Trials

Free games

Discounted games

PlayStation Home content

Automatic updates (patches) to your games

Free cloud saving/storage (limited)

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 10 of 18 (293 Views)