Sackboy
443 posts

Re: PS+ Locked Features Are An Insult

Jan 25, 2013

Well, it does suck that they are putting these new basic features on 'ransom' for you to pay and rent.

You don't HAVE to pay to rent it, but still, a lot of people would of been satisfied if they released these features for all. At least it was tied into PS+, because you will still get a lot more bang for your buck with other goodies tied into the program.

I mean, they could of gone for the dirty route and make you people pay for these new basic features on Home instead of releasing it for free like a lot of people were hoping for.

Message 181 of 199 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Jan 25, 2013

KyIeHyde wrote:

I mean, they could of gone for the dirty route and make you people pay for these new basic features on Home instead of releasing it for free like a lot of people were hoping for.

Actually, we weren't really 'hoping', more like...any new additions to the core SHOULD be free, no questions asked. But any patches after this one, you'll probably have people now hoping that they don't pull this nonsense again and make certain core features exclusive to a certain group of people.....which in itself is a barbaric thought.

Now we have to hope any future core features aren't put in front of us with a pricetag slapped on. A real shame Smiley Indifferent

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 182 of 199 (245 Views)
Sackboy
443 posts

Jan 25, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:

KyIeHyde wrote:

Actually, we weren't really 'hoping', more like...any new additions to the core SHOULD be free, no questions asked. But any patches after this one, you'll probably have people now hoping that they don't pull this nonsense again and make certain core features exclusive to a certain group of people.....which in itself is a barbaric thought.

Now we have to hope any future core features aren't put in front of us with a pricetag slapped on. A real shame Smiley Indifferent

Well sure, you're probably right on that front too.

Then let's question WHY they are resorting to stoop to this level to make people pay to rent basic features like this. Is PlayStation Home really losing a lot of income to stay afloat? Or are they just using this as an opportunity to rake in extra cash for themselves?

How the money is distributed once it's accumulated is another question in itself.

Message 183 of 199 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4236 posts

Jan 25, 2013
The time it takes our 24 characters saves to load up, im not paying to wait twice as long for 48 to load up. And bonus color wheel? Nothing worth paying $50 or even 17.99 for. Yes the thought of paying for an update pisses me off, but the important part is free, and thats all that matters. So suck on what backlash you are receiving about this pay for update idea the brilliant minds @sony came up with... you made your bed, now lie in it.
Message 184 of 199 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Sony or whoever is pretending to run this cash cow called home, milked it to fast and to hard without water or food.

Now they want to shove a magic PS+ pill down the cows throat to get more milk..

You boys up there in the office need to hire a sales force, pick a leader and let the home consumer base know what direction that home is going to take with this product in the future.

No one seems to know as long as revenue is coming in.. That to me as a consumer, is scary.

It all starts with leadership, accountability and creativeness.

Message 185 of 199 (177 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

Jan 25, 2013

I have plus and find it as a bonus but, i'm mixed on it. Bringing plus into Home needed to happen and i look forward to it being implemented further with possible discounts and freebies. New features for character creation shouldn't be plus exclusive and should offer a buy-in. The extra save slots for plus isn't as bad but it should have a buy option too but plus doesn't work that way. I've had plus a long time and think it's great but i know many who only play Home and have no interest in plus.  Sony should integrate their other services and brand into Home like Music Unlimited for instance.

I never try anything, i just do it, wanna try me?
Message 186 of 199 (159 Views)
Survivor
2633 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

The Playstation Plus lounge.. Will be the hott- spot in USA this year.! 1_1

THE FAZEONES LOUNGE  2014 Home Logo
Message 187 of 199 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3410 posts

Jan 25, 2013

AfrosRockMan wrote:

Ever since the days of Closed Beta (4+ years), we as a community have been asking time & time again for new hair colors, makeup options, and character slots. So what do we all get for supporting the platform this whole time? We get told that the hundreds to thousands many of us most loyal to the platform already put in are not enough. That we have to spend $50 a year on a service many of us quite franky have no interest in. All this on top of our own community manager taking a broad swipe at any and all who have legitimate complaints about the platform and insulting them, the same people who keep the revenue stream flowing so he can keep his job.

The worst part of all is that there is no other way to gain access to these features than to subscribe to what is essentially a game rental service with some other benefits thrown in. It doesn't matter how great of a deal PS+ is (which in my opinion it is) but it's more a matter of principle. So please, either give us options to buy access to the content outright, or give it to all users & give Plus members other incentives that are more fair to the community. And quite franky, many of us Home users that have no interest in the gaming benefits offered by PS+ wouldn't subscribe anyway. At least half the people I come across use an account for Home seperately from their main gaming account. Like they're gonna shell out $50 a year for new color options & character slots? I think not.

Yea I know I have previsouly stated this before, but yes, these features need to be offered to EVERYONE IN HOME. I have no idea what they were thinking, but I can assume it went like this. "Hmm...lets put in these features that people want...but I want to make some money." "Lets just make them avaiable to PS Plus users so users who dont have it will have to buy it to get the extra features!". "Thats a great idea!!" Now I highly doubt a conversation like that took place but its probably true. As I predicted, this is already causing an uproar in "the unfairness level of home".

I mean this will really hurt alot of the Closed Beta and 2008 Users who have been on Home since the beginning and now that they are denied features that they requested for such a long time ago? Pretty harsh and cold for you Sony. This whole idea is just a way for them to make more money by giving us what we want but modifiying it so it satisfies them as well. Not much of a good balance here at all.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 188 of 199 (155 Views)
Survivor
2633 posts

Jan 25, 2013

A.. Its just good business.. See if the Home employees was hustlers.. Than only one side wins.

However, With business minded individuals, Both parties win.!

Alot of you can afford a $20 pin.! How i know, you all have the freshes and lastest virtual items.! Every update.!

And guess what.. There is more to come with Playstation plus down the slopes.!

So lets be civilized. If you can't afford one at this moment, its alright.! Just save $20 and pick up your subscription when its good for you.

Also can't wait for the Vip area to be used.! Plus the import of the Playstation plus lounge.!

THE FAZEONES LOUNGE  2014 Home Logo
Message 189 of 199 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4236 posts

Jan 25, 2013
As I predicted, this is already causing an uproar in "the unfairness level of home". I mean this will really hurt alot of the Closed Beta and 2008 Users who have been on Home since the beginning and now that they are denied features that they requested for such a long time ago? Pretty harsh and cold for you Sony

Agreed, and imma CB tester. Its BS
Message 190 of 199 (140 Views)
0 Likes