Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: PS+ Locked Features Are An Insult

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Personally I'm of the view that core should be free for all. There are other ways to reward plus members and discounts has been suggested more than once in this thread.

Core, by whose definition though? I suppose Sony could reasonably argue that these are premium features beyond the standard core platform. Home is their platform so I guess we have to follow their definition. I'm not even getting into that discussion any further.

I'd love them to be free as much as anyone else. Presumably, Sony has defined them as premium upgrades, I just don't see how making them Plus-exclusives is very sensible from marketing, financial or public relations perspectives.

Whatever Liza. These are items the community has been asking for, for years – more hair colors, save slots, wardrobe managment and lots more. They can do all the premium they want at this point with PS Plus. Frankly I don't care anymore. I've come to the conclusion they don't listen to the community when it comes to issues like this and the marketing team does what it wants.

At least that is how I feel and I'm simply tired of trying to walk up hill continually when it comes to issues like this.  Perhaps I'm wrong but I'm not going to waste an enormous amount of effort fighting what I perceive to be a futile battle. 

i'm not getting Plus. It's not worth it to me. I buy disk based game content and that is what I'll continue to do. 

Message 171 of 199 (204 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jan 25, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

oh wow. i dont post for a day, come back and find 8 whole pages of angry added to this topic. Smiley Very Happy

Oh we missed you. You're such a PLUS to the discussion here! Smiley Wink

a pun and a possible insult, huzza! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Tongue

You know we love ya! Smiley Happy

Message 172 of 199 (204 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34138 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Personally I'm of the view that core should be free for all. There are other ways to reward plus members and discounts has been suggested more than once in this thread.

Core, by whose definition though? I suppose Sony could reasonably argue that these are premium features beyond the standard core platform. Home is their platform so I guess we have to follow their definition. I'm not even getting into that discussion any further.

I'd love them to be free as much as anyone else. Presumably, Sony has defined them as premium upgrades, I just don't see how making them Plus-exclusives is very sensible from marketing, financial or public relations perspectives.

Whatever Liza. These are items the community has been asking for, for years – more hair colors, save slots, wardrobe managment and lots more. They can do all the premium they want at this point with PS Plus. Frankly I don't care anymore. I've come to the conclusion they don't listen to the community when it comes to issues like this and the marketing team does what it wants.

At least that is how I feel and I'm simply tired of trying to walk up hill continually when it comes to issues like this.  Perhaps I'm wrong but I'm not going to waste an enormous amount of effort fighting what I perceive to be a futile battle. 

i'm not getting Plus. It's not worth it to me. I buy disk based game content and that is what I'll continue to do. 

youve just come to that conclusion? Smiley Tongue

Message 173 of 199 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Jan 25, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

oh wow. i dont post for a day, come back and find 8 whole pages of angry added to this topic. Smiley Very Happy

Just don't count me among the angry because I'm not angry, not in the least way. Perhaps mildly disappointed and a tad perplexed but that's about it.

I don't really have anything else to add beyond what I've posted over the last page or so.

castle3
Message 174 of 199 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Well you know hope springs eternal. At some point though it just becomes dumb to think they care enough to listen. I hate to say it but I'm starting to feel that way and I'm not the only one given many of my friends are starting to feel that way as well. 

Message 175 of 199 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

No, you're absolutely right and there's no way I'm buying Plus either.

castle3
Message 176 of 199 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1232 posts

Jan 25, 2013

PS+ members already receive exclusive avatars, games and other tons of features, Give them discounts on Home clothing and merchandise then. Not core features that interest all Home users. All of them suggested by us by the way. "Guinea pigs that we are"

Not being an  avid gamer I don't have any need for a PS+ account, maybe that's their strategy. "Doomed to fail"

I think I've just spent my last nickel with Home, 

Money hungry...."expletive edited out" by me...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 177 of 199 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2280 posts

Jan 25, 2013

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:
I just don't see how making them Plus-exclusives is very sensible from marketing, financial or public relations perspectives.

Sony.....public relations? whaaa? Smiley Tongue

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 178 of 199 (172 Views)
VP of Gaming
34138 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Well you know hope springs eternal. At some point though it's just becomes dumb to think they care enough to listen. I hate to say it but I'm starting to feel that way and I'm not the only one given many of my friends are starting to feel that way as well. 

sounds like youre starting to head down the path i did 2 years ago with Home. dont go down it, it doesnt lead anywhere good. Smiley Sad

Message 179 of 199 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
1148 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Insult ? I don't know.

What I do know is this. I had PS Plus for a year. It was ok, but just not my cup of tea.

So Sony, in their infinite wisdom, decides to partially solve all Home Members Wardrobe and Storage problem, by giving PS + Members an additional 24 Save Slots.

Sony won't get my $50.00 a year for PS +.

What they really lose, is the $50.00 plus per Month I no longer spend on Home clothes purchases, because of the horrendous handling of Wardrobe and Storage.

Oh well, brownbag a couple of lunches, Sony Baloney.

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 180 of 199 (137 Views)