Wastelander
664 posts

Re: PS+ Locked Features Are An Insult

Jan 24, 2013
Sony abuse? Please. Sony is a company and they need profits to survive. If this drives more profits, good for them. Getting rid of used game abilities will also drive profits.

I'm fairly confident Sony as a whole will not care if they lose one customer.
Message 141 of 199 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

Jan 24, 2013

StardustChampion wrote:

Snowstone wrote:

As a subscriber to both services you know that:

MS subscription can be found with discounts.

Playstation Plus service is no different than a Pay to play fee for hardcore gamers, Sony dictates what is Plus included.

Even the Plus subscribers that do not use home pay for the 1.75  update.

Like I said, It's discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit.

Plus can also be purchased through discounts. I've seen it priced as low as $17 for 12 months. My point was that the MSRP of Xbox Live Gold is higher, despite being an inferior service to Playstation Plus. Gold is a pay to play service, whereas Plus is a rewards club.

The Playstation Network and Playstation Home are free to use. Sony does not charge users for updates.

The Home exclusives for Plus subscribers are minor. Stop overreacting; the sky is not falling.

If you took the sky was falling from my post, the overreacting is on your part.

Call Sony's PS+ service what every you like, it's just a deceptive label that is Pay to play attached to other so called exclusives with-in the PS network. no more, no less.

It's still wrong to strong arm home user's into a Plus subscription for a beta core update in home which is needed for abundant clothing purchases by Home user that spends already within that program.

I think there is a good reason why the Sony's system works the way it does.
Sony recognizes that the home user's will not support the actual exclusives anymore.
Therefore it is important to prevent any knowledge or understanding of them.

Message 142 of 199 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
574 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

I have mixed feelings about this. I hate the fact that this is PS+ enabled, but since I always rely on PS+ a lot, I'm pretty excited for it. As many of my other accounts don't have PS+, this would be an insult on those accounts. But since I use my main account the most, I don't mind it that much. However, this is gonna anger some folks though and as a Plus member, I can understand how they feel about this.

photo TheRobsSignature_zps7f0db83c.jpg
Thanks to KANE-FIRE for the sig. Smiley Tongue
Message 143 of 199 (213 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28225 posts

Jan 24, 2013

If Sony decides to not do this update because of some of the negative reactions here, then the whole community will have lost. The growth of Home will have been stunted.

If we want something bigger and better, we often have to pay for it. Why become upset over others who have what we don't have ourselves? I want a newer car, but I will not be upset over those who do have one. I just may have to work harder, save up and wait until I can afford it.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 144 of 199 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

Jan 24, 2013

StardustChampion wrote:

What amazes me is that there are people who will spend hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars on Home, but they won't pay a measly $50 for Plus. It provides $2-300 of free games every year, cloud storage, automatic updates, 50-90% discounts during sales, beta access, free themes/avatars/DLC, x7 access, and exclusive Home items.

Even then, it's only extra hair colors and wardrobe slots. Have a little perspective.

We aren't "paying for wardrobe slots." They're just a bonus for having a subscription. Plus pays for itself multiple times over.

:^/ It amazes me that you uttered those first two thoughts so closely together but still didn't connect them.

The thousands of dollars that you speak of get spent a very few at a time, cumulatively. No one item on Home has ever cost more than $15.00, to my knowledge. PlaystationPlus is $50.00, over three times that much. Can you name one Home item, -furniture, apparel, personal space, locomotion item, etc. Anything- that cost that much, ever? Now name even one Home item that you have to pay for again each year.

And Sony intends to charge Home users that much every year for what you've correclty described as "only extra hair colors and wardrobe slots." That's what folks are complaining about. Now you get it.

The other Plus stuff most Home users don't use.

It's been pointed out already, but it bears repeating, that the demographic groups of Home users and Plus subcribers don't match much. Among the twenty-five people on my friends list, all are Home users, but only four are Plus subscribers. Sony may be trying to encourage the two demographic groups to each expand until they overlap further, but the future I forsee is one with greater exclusivity.

:^/ And no, Plus doesn't pay for itself multiple times over, you pay for Plus multiple times over.

Message 145 of 199 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Conrad_Max continued:

If Sony decides to not do this update because of some of the negative reactions here, then the whole community will have lost. The growth of Home will have been stunted.

If we want something bigger and better, we often have to pay for it. Why become upset over others who have what we don't have ourselves? I want a newer car, but I will not be upset over those who do have one. I just may have to work harder, save up and wait until I can afford it.

:^/ Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of a cancer cell, Max. Many Home users on this forum feel that Sony is choosing to grow in the wrong direction, and needs to be guided to better fit the needs of the Home Community.

:^/ I've been programming since 1980. Expanding the wardrobe save slots from twenty-four to forty-eight took a single programmer as long as it takes a word processor to replace the number 24 with the number 48 in a text document. Similarly for expanding the number of hair/makeup/popup colors. The color picker tool took longer, but likley not as long as an hour, but let's be generous and say two hours.

The programmers who coded those changes got paid as work for hire. Sony will not pay them twice for that work, let alone year after year, as they're requiring us to do.

Message 146 of 199 (175 Views)
I Only Post Everything
778 posts

Jan 24, 2013

no mans land bundle $49.99 , Home tycoon VIP $49.99 (1600 coins and when they're gone they're gone) ! and theres more . plus ROCKS ! have gotten many games and discounts and betas . is a great deal and now it's giving me a little sompething extra for Home ! 

HOMELINGS ROCK!!!!
Message 147 of 199 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

It would be a win for the home user's.

This is not a loss to stunt this type of core growth for the home community.

Why not just make it:

PS+ games

PS+ movies

PS+ home

That is where this is headed, subscription services with-in a subscription that some will use and some will not.

But if you want one of the perks, you'll have too pay for each one even though you do not use it..

No thank you.

Message 148 of 199 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
364 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

the consumer will win the right to make sony LISTEN his voice, and that little thing

value more than all dam' 50$ you'll can spend on ps+....

Message 149 of 199 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

Jan 24, 2013

phatso64 phigured64:

no mans land bundle $49.99 , Home tycoon VIP $49.99 (1600 coins and when they're gone they're gone) ! and theres more . plus ROCKS ! have gotten many games and discounts and betas . is a great deal and now it's giving me a little sompething extra for Home ! 

:^/ Those are bundles, dude. I was musing about single items.

Message 150 of 199 (154 Views)
0 Likes