Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

Re: PS+ Locked Features Are An Insult

Jan 24, 2013

Customization wrote:

What amazes me is that there are people who will spend hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars on Home, but they won't pay a measly $50 for Plus. It provides $2-300 of free games every year, cloud storage, automatic updates, 50-90% discounts during sales, beta access, free themes/avatars/DLC, x7 access, and exclusive Home items.

Even then, it's only extra hair colors and wardrobe slots. Have a little perspective.

Mister_Squidgy wrote:

I think it's funny that they've managed to fool PS+ people into thinking they're getting more outfit save slots than we have now. We currently have unlimited slots in groups of 24.  This update is capping the number of slots to 24 and 48. You PS+ users will be paying for less save slots not more.

We aren't "paying for wardrobe slots." They're just a bonus for having a subscription. Plus pays for itself multiple times over.

You are paying for Home Beta core update 1.75 if you have a PS-Plus account.

What comes in the next core update for home will most likely add to the running tab Sony has so creatively created.

I find it deceitful that Sony keeps playing the same number game with every enhancement part of home.

It's discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit.

Remember X7, another marketing idea to pull money from your pocket.

Why did not X7 members get the 1.75 core update ?

LOL,  I guess the exclusivity of the X7 has worn off.. Add that one to the Sony tab. 

The list grows fast.

The more confusing options they make PS user tiers, the more they have numbers to hide behind.  

Microsoft is upfront about the whole (pay to play) concept, 50 bucks a year if you want to play online.

Sony nickel and dimes there customer base with exclusivity and strong arming tactics for features that should be base core to home If you need 48 slots for you character you have most likely spent a lot of money on digital clothing.

Sony is pulling there hand out of one empty pocket and putting it in the other making you think its a fair business trade.

Taxing..Taxes

You'll be seeing more of this type of exclusivity with the PS4,  cloud base game exclusive options. 

Hmmm !

Home money mystical monster.

Message 131 of 199 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

Jan 24, 2013

StardustChampion wrote:

What amazes me is that there are people who will spend hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars on Home, but they won't pay a measly $50 for Plus. It provides $2-300 of free games every year, cloud storage, automatic updates, 50-90% discounts during sales, beta access, free themes/avatars/DLC, x7 access, and exclusive Home items.

Even then, it's only extra hair colors and wardrobe slots. Have a little perspective.

Mister_Squidgy wrote:

I think it's funny that they've managed to fool PS+ people into thinking they're getting more outfit save slots than we have now. We currently have unlimited slots in groups of 24.  This update is capping the number of slots to 24 and 48. You PS+ users will be paying for less save slots not more.

We aren't "paying for wardrobe slots." They're just a bonus for having a subscription. Plus pays for itself multiple times over.

You know how I got $1,000's worth of Home items? It happened over time. For a while, I was able to get more than one $20 card a month and I even went to getting a $50 card more than once in a month. However, once items in real life started rising in price, I had to cut back on getting PSN cards. As it stands, I'm lucky if I can get one $20 PSN card a month. So it's not like I blew a lot of money on Home items in a day, which is what you made it sound like.

I admit, as of lately, I really haven't been buying many Home items, due to the rise in their prices. I've only stuck to buying things that really grab my attention, while the rest goes to game DLC.

As for getting Plus, sometimes I really would like to get it, because of the discounts for game stuff. However, it's not easy for me to just come up with $50 bucks, whenever I would like, anymore. Sure, I could grab a 3 month subscription, but then I would be taking the more expensive route. On the other hand, I believe Sony would really like to move into a pay only future for PSN. With Plus, they can slowly ease the concept onto people, until they feel they can finally muster up the courage to say that people need to pay in order to use PSN. I don't know if I want to further encourage that, by buying a Plus subscription.

And the Angel of the Lord came unto me, snatching me up from my place of slumber. And took me on high, and higher still until we moved to the spaces betwixt the air itself. And he brought me into a vast farmlands of our own midwest. And as we descended, cries of impending doom rose from the soil. One thousand, nay a million voices full of fear. And terror possessed me then. And I begged, "Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?" And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots!“
Message 132 of 199 (234 Views)
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Jan 24, 2013
By the time they do this update my ps plus subscription will be over.
Message 133 of 199 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Snowstone wrote:

Customization wrote:

Mister_Squidgy wrote:

Warped logic.

Again, Plus pays for itself.

Snowstone wrote:

Microsoft is upfront about the whole (pay to play) concept, 50 bucks a year if you want to play online.

Sony nickel and dimes there customer base with exclusivity and strong arming tactics for features that should be base core to home If you need 48 slots for you character you have most likely spent a lot of money on digital clothing.

Sony is pulling there hand out of one empty pocket and putting it in the other making you think its a fair business trade.

As a subscriber to both services, that's a ridiculous analogy.

Xbox Live Gold is $60 a year. It's the only platform that charges customers to play online. On average, gold subscribers receive one free crappy arcade game a year and three avatar items. Microsoft pushes ads onto everyone using Xbox Live.

Plus is $10 cheaper and a significantly better value. For example, when PSN games are discounted through Plus, they're often half the price of the Xbox Live Gold specials.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 134 of 199 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

Jan 24, 2013

StardustChampion wrote:

Snowstone wrote:

Customization wrote:

Mister_Squidgy wrote:

Warped logic.

Again, Plus pays for itself.

Snowstone wrote:

As a subscriber to both services, that's a ridiculous analogy.

Xbox Live Gold is $60 a year. It's the only platform that charges customers to play online. On average, gold subscribers receive one free crappy arcade game a year and three avatar items. Microsoft pushes ads onto everyone using Xbox Live.

As a subscriber to both services you know that:

MS subscription can be found with discounts.

Playstation Plus service is no diffrent than a Pay to play fee for hardcore gamers, Sony dictates what is Plus included.

Even the Plus subscribers that do not use home pay for the 1.75  update.

Like I said, It's discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit.

Message 135 of 199 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2432 posts

Jan 24, 2013

McJorneil wrote:

What they need to do is give everyone the option to buy the extra hair colors, save slots, etc. without having to be a PS+ subscriber. Smiley Happy

I realize this may be a late reply, but I believe this may be their plan... After all, why miss a trick when you can make a buck?

Photobucket
Message 136 of 199 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Snowstone wrote:

As a subscriber to both services you know that:

MS subscription can be found with discounts.

Playstation Plus service is no diffrent than a Pay to play fee for hardcore gamers, Sony dictates what is Plus included.

Even the Plus subscribers that do not use home pay for the 1.75  update.

Like I said, It's discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit.

Plus can also be purchased through discounts. I've seen it priced as low as $17 for 12 months. My point was that the MSRP of Xbox Live Gold is higher, despite being an inferior service to Playstation Plus. Gold is a pay to play service, whereas Plus is a rewards club.

The Playstation Network and Playstation Home are free to use. Sony does not charge users for updates.

The Home exclusives for Plus subscribers are minor. Stop overreacting; the sky is not falling.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 137 of 199 (172 Views)
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
778 posts

Jan 24, 2013

went through my friends list , 43 out of 100 are plus members . i've had plus since it came out , it's a great service imo . have always been disappointed that it didn't offer anything for those who are on Home ALOT . i game , it's why i bought my ps3 . i discovered Home shortly after i got my ps3 . i still game but spend more time on Home than gaming . i pay extra , i get extra , welcome to america . 

HOMELINGS ROCK!!!!
Message 138 of 199 (157 Views)
Wastelander
664 posts

Jan 24, 2013
I subscribe to PS Plus simply because of the added value. 18 included games. No other platform can claim that high of a number. Home's additions only extend the value of Plus. I can't say I'd use all of the features because I use Home in a much more casual way than 99% of this forum, but they are a welcome addition.

In short: if you don't like it, ignore it and move on. But of course, this is a forum after all. No one here can do that. >_>
Message 139 of 199 (149 Views)
Sackboy
364 posts

Jan 24, 2013

all big changes begin with "minor", accept this is an open door for all sony abuse in a very near future!

exemple of this are legion on home and sony platform generaly...

what you dont understand is than whe DONT CARE THE PERKS, we care the PRINCIPE!

next step, remove the second -hand games from our system?

Message 140 of 199 (143 Views)
0 Likes