First Son
2 posts

Sorry, but this is blatantly sexist.

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

I couldn't help that notice all of the new features for plus users in the new patch. New hair, character slots & all that are nice, but make up?! All of us women on Home have been extremely limited the last 4 years with regards to our color choices for make up. Please don't try to tell me that this move isn't targeted at women specifically. It's sexist and wrong. What they're saying is that if we're not part of plus we're second class customers to them who's money isn't worth a thing. Why can't we at least have the option to buy them separately if they HAVE to charge for it? There is no way I'm going to pay to RENT such an important thing. I'm not a gamer & I have no interest in plus whatsoever, nor are majority of the people I know. I'm highly disappointed in Sony for stooping this low & quite frankly they'll be lucky if they ever see a cent from me again.

Message 111 of 199 (424 Views)
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Re: Sorry, but this is blatantly sexist.

Jan 24, 2013

Whats sexist hun, is makeup not even being allowed for male avatars. Home has very little concept of masculinity for females and femininity for males. Gender stereotypes are heavily enforced.

Message 112 of 199 (407 Views)
VP of Gaming
28881 posts

Re: Sorry, but this is blatantly sexist.

Jan 24, 2013

There's already an active thread reharding PlayStation Plus benefits. Please see this threed: PS+ Locked Features Are An Insult. You can also post your suggestions in January 2013 Suggestions.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 113 of 199 (405 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
73 posts

Re: PS+ Locked Features Are An Insult

Jan 24, 2013

I paid for playstation 3 plus and did not get home extra be benefits  yet how long does it take or is there an extra download  my extra hair options are not there and there are still only 24 not 48. Presets of in clothing section. 

Message 114 of 199 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jan 24, 2013

G8tertom wrote:

I paid for playstation 3 plus and did not get home extra be benefits  yet how long does it take or is there an extra download  my extra hair options are not there and there are still only 24 not 48. Presets of in clothing section. 

The core update is on the 30th. 

Message 115 of 199 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16264 posts

Jan 24, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:

harley7 wrote:

Um, duh? They are all core features, and in my eyes putting a pricetag on those features is absolutely taboo.  all people in home have those core feature of avatar saves and hair colours.

It should be equal among all users, Plus members shouldn't get more or less of those core features

Its this kind of oblivious attitude that is the reason why were in this mess to begin with. I don't have anything against you personally so don't take it that way, its just pure example of why a lot of us feel used since we've been requesting and asking for new core features, free features, and they make you pay for them. lol,  how did my attitude effect their decision? i gave no input, i didnt ask for more save slots or whatever crap. your finger pointing attitude is just that another psu complainer thats been around these here parts for a long time.

Well not yours in particular, just this similar "Whatever, let them do what they want" attitude is what I meant. And no I'm not complaining, I'm expressing my disdain for the recent changes to Home in general, and this is another one of those huge changes that most people are absolutely disgusted with. 

Let me ask you a question. I notice you play quite a lot of games, would you feel it right if the games you played were to charge for each patch that was released? And no I'm not talking about DLC, I'm talking about patches to the games themselves, small features like the new chapter select option in Resident Evil 6 for example. Would you feel its right of them to charge you for something like that or would you feel used and screwed? I think....no, I know a lot of us feel that way about this upcoming patch, that we won't be able to experience half of it because they aren't willing to pay for a $50 subscription. 

if i pay for a game then what it has at release is what i am entitled to, any additions are nice and if they are free thats better, but if not not then i decide whether i want to buy them.

so if home was a $60 game would you have bought it? why do you feel these new thinigs should be free? because you wanted them?

We're entitled because Home isn't a game and never will be, its supposedly a "beta program", no other beta programs that I have participated in didn't charge for updates. Its one thing to charge for extra clothes, apartments, furniture, you can look at that as DLC, I guess. Its another to charge for things that make the service better in all. 

Wow, my eyes hurt from all the colors, I'm going back to PS All-Stars Smiley Frustrated

haha the colours are bad. home isnt a beta, thats a lie. its a full fledged social game where sonry is charging you money. unfornately thinsg have gone this way with devs/pubs charging for extras that you or i may feel should be included. 

Message 116 of 199 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

harley7 wrote:

haha the colours are bad. home isnt a beta, thats a lie. its a full fledged social game where sonry is charging you money. unfornately thinsg have gone this way with devs/pubs charging for extras that you or i may feel should be included. 

I do believe Sony still considers Home to be in Beta. It's a mute issue however given we do pay for things we want. What should or should not be included is obviously a personal opinion. Those who do not agree with the move of core features to PS Plus are well in their rights to express their dissatisfation. It's what the forum is for. That feedback should be given in a polite and constructive way in my view. 

Will that make a difference? Personally given the impact past discussions have had with respect to other issues relating to perks I don't think so but that doesn't mean the feedback isn't important.

And by the way if I'm not mistaken Chad has PS Plus and has had it for quite some time so his comments aren't based on his missing out on these features. 

Message 117 of 199 (373 Views)
Wastelander
635 posts

Jan 24, 2013
I'm a Plus member and I've always felt that Plus should have extras in Home as well as in gaming. Home IS a part of the PS3 experience. I get tired of all the people that keep complaining about every little thing that Sony/PSN does! Yes, I was one that asked for extra features, discounts, whatever for PS Plus users in Home and I think it's a fantastic move by Home. I'm a gamer and I love ALL genres if gaming and in my mind playing in Home IS another form of gaming. WTG PSN!!!
Message 118 of 199 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
694 posts

Jan 24, 2013

I have PS+ and I don't feel like this is even a real benefit. Add to that, the fact that many of the people who have been begging for more hair colours and save slots for years, now won't even be able to use them, but I will. I will get access to features that I'll never use, features I never asked for. Many use Home as their primary application on PS3 so what good would a PS+ subscription have done them before this patch? It isn't even an enticing enough "benefit" to encourage non-Home using PS+ subs to have a look around, in my opinion.

How about a real benefit for having PS+? How about some discounts? 

Message 119 of 199 (346 Views)
Sackboy
364 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

@ boxy:

but this extra in home is totaly different than the extra in game!

you have discount on game, beta access, some map gifted etc, BUT have you a special game? only designed for plus member?

maps built only for them?

NO, u have the sames games than all people can buy in a store.

SO , sony choose to IMPROVE and change somes features in a CORE only for plus instead make like for games , discounts, free stuff,

or even clubhouse for plus INTO home!

do you really think it's a good method for all the people who don't care or need PS+ coz they massively spend their time and money on home?

do you really think than the PS+ member are the BEST contributor in home experience and are the lone supporter of HOME?

imo the impact of plus member in home is ridiculous, the very large majority haven't plus...

sony ever try to push home member to suscribe to PS+ in europe, they create a very "special club" for plus on home, it 's ALWAYS EMPTY!

nobody use it anymore since YEARS!

if sony REALLY want to say "merci" to PS+ member, they didn't act like they do actually!

JUST ONE GOAL AT THIS CORE UPGRADE => catch more money from home addict to FORCE them to suscribe!

i m not jealous, i dont care games on ps3, i use steam and PC for gaming,i m just a true democrate (in greek sense, not US politic)

who believe than EVERYBODY in home SHOULD have the same experience! (it not mean all should b free).

What next? a payant PSN like the direct conccurent? why not if it improve our online experience? ........................................

Message 120 of 199 (336 Views)