Fender Bender
2356 posts

Re: PS+ Locked Features Are An Insult

Jan 24, 2013

I don't wish to sound like I'm an idiot or anything but...  Is it just me, or do the Plus perks remind me of the X7 perk?

Plus perk = Get better features

X7 perk = Get exclusive items

So in a way the Plus perk is like the X7 perk in which you have to pay to get the exclusive stuff.

Twitter: Soulycon
PSN: Soulycon
YouTube: Ashatote
Gaia Online: Buttsexy
Message 101 of 199 (417 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
233 posts

Jan 24, 2013

I like how we're all talking about core features and what Home has and doesn't have...and then tonight, I've been sitting around skimming through a bunch of old Game Informers and I stumbled upon this page. xD

I've never actually seen proof of the fabeled Trophy Room but Game Informer has shown me the evidence. I guess it really was a thing at one point.

Message 102 of 199 (417 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2175 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Crixix wrote:

Eh, not a Plus member but considering it since I am an avid shopper in the PS Store in general. The PS Home premium core update is "slightly" tempting but doesn't significantly affect my decision on getting Plus.

However... Increase Furniture slots and I'll get Plus in a heart beat!!!!Smiley Very Happy

Please, don't give them anymore ideas... It'll start to turn Home more & more like that of a 'demo' if they start adding more & more PS+ features like that. It would then be an app that litterally can only be fully experienced with a plus subscription. But then again, a certain lot of butt kissers would love it & defend the dev's for doing that, if that happened...

Homie From November 26, 2008 - September 13, 2013.

Shady business practices? File a complaint to the BBB.
https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started
Message 103 of 199 (416 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16264 posts

Jan 24, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:

harley7 wrote:

KarateChampChad wrote:

harley7 wrote:

KarateChampChad wrote:

All this talk of the thought of 'paying' for actual core updates that SHOULD be free, whether theyre rentals or not, is the reason why were here in the first place, the reason why this is a problem. Just keep in mind were talking core updates, not another rinky dink pair of shoes or LMO. 

And apparently you get kudos from the community management for being a yes man around here, no wonder things will never turn around at this point. Smiley Indifferent

without plus can you pick a hair colour? also without plus do you have any avatar save slots? so how are additional slots really "core"? 

Would you like to be charged per chat bubble? Only $0.99 per bubble, or you can get a bundle for $9.99 that gives you 15 chat bubbles at a discount. Wanna change your clothes? No problem, with a wardrobe pass you can hop right into your wardrobe for $1.99 and swap clothing, or buy a wardrobe pass bundle that gives you a discount on passes.

Its the principle, the fact that they're making these core updates apart of a subscription that I assume not many Home users even have. Its a huge slap to the face to everyone whose been asking and asking for more hair colors, more colors in general, more core features. Anyone who can't see that is simply blind. 

they dont charge for chat bubbles silly or for accessing the wardrobe. without plus anyone can still change hair colour and make avatar saves, if those things are what you define as core, then everyone already has them, just plus people have more. not everything can be free.

Um, duh? They are all core features, and in my eyes putting a pricetag on those features is absolutely taboo.  all people in home have those core feature of avatar saves and hair colours.

Its this kind of oblivious attitude that is the reason why were in this mess to begin with. I don't have anything against you personally so don't take it that way, its just pure example of why a lot of us feel used since we've been requesting and asking for new core features, free features, and they make you pay for them. lol,  how did my attitude effect their decision? i gave no input, i didnt ask for more save slots or whatever crap. your finger pointing attitude is just that another psu complainer thats been around these here parts for a long time.

Let me ask you a question. I notice you play quite a lot of games, would you feel it right if the games you played were to charge for each patch that was released? And no I'm not talking about DLC, I'm talking about patches to the games themselves, small features like the new chapter select option in Resident Evil 6 for example. Would you feel its right of them to charge you for something like that or would you feel used and screwed? I think....no, I know a lot of us feel that way about this upcoming patch, that we won't be able to experience half of it because they aren't willing to pay for a $50 subscription. 

if i pay for a game then what it has at release is what i am entitled to, any additions are nice and if they are free thats better, but if not not then i decide whether i want to buy them.

so if home was a $60 game would you have bought it? why do you feel these new thinigs should be free? because you wanted them?

Message 104 of 199 (404 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Jan 24, 2013

harley7 wrote:

Um, duh? They are all core features, and in my eyes putting a pricetag on those features is absolutely taboo.  all people in home have those core feature of avatar saves and hair colours.

It should be equal among all users, Plus members shouldn't get more or less of those core features

Its this kind of oblivious attitude that is the reason why were in this mess to begin with. I don't have anything against you personally so don't take it that way, its just pure example of why a lot of us feel used since we've been requesting and asking for new core features, free features, and they make you pay for them. lol,  how did my attitude effect their decision? i gave no input, i didnt ask for more save slots or whatever crap. your finger pointing attitude is just that another psu complainer thats been around these here parts for a long time.

Well not yours in particular, just this similar "Whatever, let them do what they want" attitude is what I meant. And no I'm not complaining, I'm expressing my disdain for the recent changes to Home in general, and this is another one of those huge changes that most people are absolutely disgusted with. 

Let me ask you a question. I notice you play quite a lot of games, would you feel it right if the games you played were to charge for each patch that was released? And no I'm not talking about DLC, I'm talking about patches to the games themselves, small features like the new chapter select option in Resident Evil 6 for example. Would you feel its right of them to charge you for something like that or would you feel used and screwed? I think....no, I know a lot of us feel that way about this upcoming patch, that we won't be able to experience half of it because they aren't willing to pay for a $50 subscription. 

if i pay for a game then what it has at release is what i am entitled to, any additions are nice and if they are free thats better, but if not not then i decide whether i want to buy them.

so if home was a $60 game would you have bought it? why do you feel these new thinigs should be free? because you wanted them?

We're entitled because Home isn't a game and never will be, its supposedly a "beta program", no other beta programs that I have participated in didn't charge for updates. Its one thing to charge for extra clothes, apartments, furniture, you can look at that as DLC, I guess. Its another to charge for things that make the service better in all. 

Wow, my eyes hurt from all the colors, I'm going back to PS All-Stars Smiley Frustrated

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 105 of 199 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
364 posts

Jan 24, 2013

We all will remember how sony treat their customer when next (the true) gen consoles will be release.

make payant a patch...are they serious?! Who have EVER seen a core update payant on games?

are pples so blind or stupid to accept this sort of "chantage"? i would like to believe NO, but when i

re-think to "mansion" or X7 or virtual hand-bag at 5$ (2y ago!) i loose my illusion...

SONY reach ANOTHER step in amorality, BRAVO, u have a great power to turnoffyour best customer &

defender...

another fail...again....

Message 106 of 199 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Jan 24, 2013

I have two accounts, and do not use the PS+ account on Home at all. To me all of the stuff I've saved saved on from the PS Store has made the membership worth it (have gotten $120+ of free/discounted stuff), but there are not enough incentives to have that membership for it's impact on Home.

Message 107 of 199 (367 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4535 posts

Jan 24, 2013

i'm really happy to see Home is getting more PS+ support, x7 being the start & this is even better, sure I understand sum ppl may be upset about this but with PS+ u get ur money's worth within a month or 2 with all the free games they offer, I got PS+ bcuz of all the free games & discounts, having it in Home only makes having PS+ a better deal

PlayStation HCV/MVP 2011-2016
facebook.com/gamer316
Message 108 of 199 (324 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

What has been done here with the 1.75 update now puts the PS3 on the same playground as the other console.

Scratch the advantage of owning a PS3 over the other console.

Charging for a Core Update, to a Beta program to received full base features.  (PS+)

A    BETA!!    LOL..

Who makes the decision for Home to pull such a obvious, Desperate attempt to jumble numbers.

Really, Who is running home ? I bet they have a anonymous amount of extra cash in there pocket for this move.

Arm twisting by Sony has really gotten out of hand, No one takes responsibility at Sony corp.. For the direction of home.

We have been herded by Sony's overpricing of digital items, underwhelming events, and loss of direction,  poor customer relations for some time now..

Most of the fun events in the past were driven by dedicated and driven home user's that shared a vision of home.

Sony is now hiding in the closet pretending online is free.  What's left of ( free online) will evaporate in the future.

Just come out and say you need to charge 50 dollars a year online.

Sugar coating services only to find out it has been soured in the middle at a later date.

No longer does third party game developers even put  out game spaces.

I do not indulge or approve of the direction home has been going.

Games have been good on the PS3, I am really looking hard at my next console or PC purchase, ( not a threat, it's a fact)

My hand has been bitten to many times by the destiny of the Home money mystical monster. .

Better known as Hmmm!

Was looking forward to this update of 1.75. 

Now its just a smash and grab like all the other attempts from Home in the past..

Disclaimer:

These opinions do not reflect the views of other home user's.

That's a shame too..

Message 109 of 199 (322 Views)
VP of Gaming
29461 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Snowstone wrote:

Charging for a Core Update, to a Beta program to received full base features.  (PS+)

A    BETA!!    LOL.. 

Home is free. It has always been free and it always will be free. It's just the extras that cost if we choose to buy them. Given that, we are not forced to spend any money in Home. There is no gun pointed at our collective heads.

For those of us who have spent money in Home, should we then complain about those who have never spent a dime, yet still have access to the same fee items as we do? Should we complain about the fact that people who have never spent a dime in Home will now be able to change clothes (and avatars) in their friend's personal spaces?

Should we complain about the people who have fifty dollars to spend in Home when we only have two? They'll have more, while we have less.

What we will be getting next week is an increased amount of choices to enhance our PSN and Home experiences if we choose to. Put aside this negativity and rejoice in that fact. And rejoice that we still do not have to spend a penny in Home to enjoy ourselves in it.

It's not that we are being insulted. Is more as if we are being selfish.

I'm cool with update. It doesn't bother me at all. My only question is, should I have my club name over my head. That's another part of the update that no one is discussing. It just may make it easier to find a club that we may be interested in. And that's free.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 110 of 199 (305 Views)