Reply
Wastelander
Registered: 11/11/2012
Offline
504 posts
 

Re: PS+ Locked Features Are An Insult

Jan 23, 2013

EleventyThreve how can you compare home to a mmo game that you pay for? when you pay to play a mmo you get acess to everything and only need to pay the fee every month but if your only going to use ps+ for the new things then you are paying more then a mmo since in home you need to buy homes outfits and everything home is more like a f2p mmo {with less to do endless you have lots of cash} but still home only is around thanks to ppl who put out the cash for stuff

 photo moka_zps43a8e4a6.jpghttp://playstationhome.jp
Message 31 of 199 (368 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/12/2010
Offline
9504 posts
 

Re: PS+ Locked Features Are An Insult

Jan 23, 2013
Wait, is Plus still free in the JP store?
Support Forums
Message 32 of 199 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 01/23/2009
Offline
658 posts
 

Re: PS+ Locked Features Are An Insult

Jan 23, 2013

Hypnotic_Inertia wrote:

Burmecian_Rat wrote:

Hypnotic_Inertia wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

How many of you have PS+ and find this to be a bonus?


I do, and it  makes it even better since I pay extra for free games and discounts. Yes. Your right. Home should have had these features with plus a long time ago.


Intertia, you do realize this means we won't be able to use the colour wheel on our Japanese and Euro accounts, right? Unless you want to pony up another $50 a year for each account.


I do  have plus on the Japanese account,and it was free. Didn't you get the a friend's PSN store recommend XMB mail for that? Other than that, my motivation for plus is more games discounts and freebies. This is a bonus for me.


To think, all you had to pay was 100$, Boy howdy, what a steal.

Goodbye PSN home, You made the PS3 different, In a good way.

Message 33 of 199 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 01/23/2009
Offline
658 posts
 

Re: PS+ Locked Features Are An Insult

Jan 23, 2013

EleventyThreve wrote:
$50 a year to support your service, and gain access to a multitude of benefits, which include the new stuff to Home, is not much to ask. If you look at the fact that you get an online service that HAS to update on a weekly basis, the plus subscription helps pay those who keep it up and running.

if you look at MMO subscriptions that also run weekly subscriptions, you look at 12 to 15 a month, which come out to so much more a year.. and they dont offer any discounts, free games, so on so forth.

think about what you're getting before you complain about what you cant get... just my suggestion.

Think about the average user who can't afford it before shilling PS+.

Goodbye PSN home, You made the PS3 different, In a good way.

Message 34 of 199 (340 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 10/30/2010
Offline
18 posts
 

Re: PS+ Locked Features Are An Insult

Jan 23, 2013

lol you people are funny... just because there is a update it doesent half to benefit you.. who needs multipule saves anyway sounds like a headache to me... it is theyr game they can do whatever they want with it.. just forget about the ps plus stuff and move on... i see stuff that comes out in the weekly updates and i dont freak out and say grrrr they should of added diffrent stuff.. they add what they want to add... its funny how ppl take somthing so little and blow it out of proportion... did you ppl pay for this update.. ok you pay taxes but does it fix that pot hole you hit every day.. probbly not... i spend lots of money on home but it doesent get me anything i want or demand.. just because you bought a lottery ticket do you expect to win..no... but you spent hundreds... so what.... if you think they want you to buy ps plus just for this stuff you are wrong.. its just a few more things to add to the list of benefits you get from ps plus... ok i dont think i can make everyone understand so im just going to stop..

Message 35 of 199 (330 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 08/08/2008
Offline
31 posts
 

Re: PS+ Locked Features Are An Insult

Jan 23, 2013

EleventyThreve wrote:
$50 a year to support your service, and gain access to a multitude of benefits, which include the new stuff to Home, is not much to ask. If you look at the fact that you get an online service that HAS to update on a weekly basis, the plus subscription helps pay those who keep it up and running.

if you look at MMO subscriptions that also run weekly subscriptions, you look at 12 to 15 a month, which come out to so much more a year.. and they dont offer any discounts, free games, so on so forth.

think about what you're getting before you complain about what you cant get... just my suggestion.

With all due respect, with an MMO subscription such as WoW, I get access to every piece of content that comes out for that monthly fee minus maybe a few items in a premium cash shop compared to the relative mountain of content that sub gets me. Here, the inverse is true. That sub gets me some features that are nowhere near worth the cost of admission, with majority of the content requiring further purchases to access the content that is released. And quite frankly, it's illogical that a company would need to charge a sub fee to support itself when all of it's content updates require a fee to begin with. My local mall doesn't need charge me $50 a year to shop there on top of the standard prices. If they truly needed to, it would be indicative of gross mismanagement.

Message 36 of 199 (315 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 12/11/2008
Offline
73 posts
 

Re: PS+ Locked Features Are An Insult

Jan 23, 2013

I LOVE IT!!!   I can see the naysayers point however.    However, Since the start of Home they have added extra character slots, beards extra hair styles, profile colors, ect.... for EVERYBODY.   I love that Home is finally giving PS+ members things for Home.  You can't please everybody. other that instant access to X7, which was flamed also.

Homelings.
Honor, Respect, Fun
Message 37 of 199 (290 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/01/2003
Offline
3346 posts
 

Re: PS+ Locked Features Are An Insult

Jan 23, 2013

AfrosRockMan wrote:

 

this is way out of line with what Sony has offered with PS+ traditionally. Yeah, with Plus you get beta access, early access, more demos, discounts & freebies, but they don't lock away essential features that are core to the experience that you cannot get otherwise.

 

Not to mention that all of this is going to cause a huge rift in the community that will only hurt the platform in the long run.


You forgot automatic download of firmware updates and game patches, along with automatic trophy syncing and 1GB of online game save storage.

Message 38 of 199 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Limit Breaker
Registered: 08/15/2007
Offline
16565 posts
 

Re: PS+ Locked Features Are An Insult

Jan 23, 2013

beanclay wrote:

I LOVE IT!!!   I can see the naysayers point however.    However, Since the start of Home they have added extra character slots, beards extra hair styles, profile colors, ect.... for EVERYBODY.   I love that Home is finally giving PS+ members things for Home.  You can't please everybody. other that instant access to X7, which was flamed also.


Tell us you know beantot! Smiley Very Happy

HomeStationMagazine
Message 39 of 199 (276 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 12/11/2008
Offline
73 posts
 

Re: PS+ Locked Features Are An Insult

Jan 23, 2013
Plus members do have automatic downloads and trophy syncs however
Homelings.
Honor, Respect, Fun
Message 40 of 199 (267 Views)
0 Likes