Wastelander
658 posts

Re: PS+ Locked Features Are An Insult

Jan 23, 2013

Burmecian_Rat wrote:

Pretty disgusted with this move quite frankly. Whoever is responsible for dreaming this up needs to give their head a shake.

I never posted in that other thread because I thought maybe it was going too far. No longer. Maybe it really is time for a NA Home management overhaul, since I can see them being the ones who pushed this. I highly doubt it was Japanese Home management.

Trust me. It'll get worse.

Goodbye PSN home, You made the PS3 different, In a good way.

Message 21 of 199 (422 Views)
Wastelander
582 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Hypnotic_Inertia wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

How many of you have PS+ and find this to be a bonus?

I do, and it  makes it even better since I pay extra for free games and discounts. Yes. Your right. Home should have had these features with plus a long time ago.

Intertia, you do realize this means we won't be able to use the colour wheel on our Japanese and Euro accounts, right? Unless you want to pony up another $50 a year for each account.

Message 22 of 199 (419 Views)
Gaming Beast
1961 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

Burmecian_Rat wrote:

Hypnotic_Inertia wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

I do, and it  makes it even better since I pay extra for free games and discounts. Yes. Your right. Home should have had these features with plus a long time ago.

Intertia, you do realize this means we won't be able to use the colour wheel on our Japanese and Euro accounts, right? Unless you want to pony up another $50 a year for each account.

I do  have plus on the Japanese account,and it was free. Didn't you get the a friend's PSN store recommend XMB mail for that? Other than that, my motivation for plus is more games discounts and freebies. This is a bonus for me.

sword-art-online
Message 23 of 199 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
504 posts

Jan 23, 2013

plus on JP was only free or is only free for a week but did JP get this new update? i have not look yet and to tell the truth this still will not make me get ps+ as in JP you do not get haf the things you get in NA

photo moka_zps43a8e4a6.jpghttp://playstationhome.jp
Message 24 of 199 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Jan 23, 2013
$50 a year to support your service, and gain access to a multitude of benefits, which include the new stuff to Home, is not much to ask. If you look at the fact that you get an online service that HAS to update on a weekly basis, the plus subscription helps pay those who keep it up and running.

if you look at MMO subscriptions that also run weekly subscriptions, you look at 12 to 15 a month, which come out to so much more a year.. and they dont offer any discounts, free games, so on so forth.

think about what you're getting before you complain about what you cant get... just my suggestion.
Message 25 of 199 (362 Views)
Wastelander
582 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

Hypnotic_Inertia wrote:

Burmecian_Rat wrote:

Hypnotic_Inertia wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

I do  have plus on the Japanese account,and it was free. Didn't you get the a friend's PSN store recommend XMB mail for that? Other than that, my motivation for plus is more games discounts and freebies. This is a bonus for me.

I must've mistaken it for another theme or something. Let me know what it is next time lol. Were they giving away a whole year or something? Well regardless, it will expire eventually and we'll be back in the same colour-less boat.

Message 26 of 199 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3272 posts

Jan 23, 2013

I think it's about time Sony give a little something on home for Ps+ members. I think the choice is neat. Nothing too fancy but it'S something. My EU account will be stuck with basic set of hair color? Big deal LMAO

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 27 of 199 (343 Views)
Wastelander
582 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

EleventyThreve wrote:
$50 a year to support your service, and gain access to a multitude of benefits, which include the new stuff to Home, is not much to ask. If you look at the fact that you get an online service that HAS to update on a weekly basis, the plus subscription helps pay those who keep it up and running.

if you look at MMO subscriptions that also run weekly subscriptions, you look at 12 to 15 a month, which come out to so much more a year.. and they dont offer any discounts, free games, so on so forth.

think about what you're getting before you complain about what you cant get... just my suggestion.

I already pay the salary of the five janitors and their pet monkey currently in charge of bearly maintaing Home with all the money I put into the service through item purchases. The day this turns into a subscription based MMO service is the day I'm done with Home. If we pay a subscription, we should get all items for free. Otherwise it's just pay to access, pay to use, pay to play, pay to dress, pretty soon pay to decorate - it's getting out of hand.

Message 28 of 199 (339 Views)
Gaming Beast
1961 posts

Jan 23, 2013

hazu360 wrote:

plus on JP was only free or is only free for a week but did JP get this new update? i have not look yet and to tell the truth this still will not make me get ps+ as in JP you do not get haf the things you get in NA

You should play with me in NA.

sword-art-online
Message 29 of 199 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
233 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

There's no way I'm getting PS+, I'm frankly not interested enough in the perks. There's not enough games offered on PSN that I'm interested in for it to be worth it. I'd rather just pay the regular price for the select few games I'd like than pay 20 bucks, or 50 bucks, whatever one you pick, to start with to even have access to the reduced prices to spend more money on. I never asked for PS+ to be included in Home. And I'm not going to be getting it for a few extra Home colors and save slots either...I still don't have my regular slots filled up cause I don't save outfits. I'm not shocked at the way it's going, though. The only thing that really bothers me is that things like this, VIP and paid for content and whatnot, which has been increasingly more common in Home...creates a sort of tiered 'I'm better than you' mindset. That's why I never go near x7. So many people standing at the barrier between the paid and non-paid area insulting the people who don't go in.

I don't know. I honestly see another side to this as well cause a whole bunch of other MMOs have pay to play services and so on and so forth. It's just...kind of part of the way it works. I guess the reason this is different is because Home didn't start out like that and it's just slowly descending into it with people still expecting a certain way of operation. I really, really, really miss the video game promotions in Home, those were the best days...I don't know. I just know that I'm not getting PS+ just for some hair colors. I've spent so much money on Home through item purchases and I agree with the comment above...if they ever start doing a subscription, I'm done. xD

Message 30 of 199 (322 Views)