Highlighted
Jan 23 2013
By: AfrosRockMan Splicer 31 posts

PS+ Locked Features Are An Insult

198 replies 1113 views Edited Jan 23, 2013

Ever since the days of Closed Beta (4+ years), we as a community have been asking time & time again for new hair colors, makeup options, and character slots. So what do we all get for supporting the platform this whole time? We get told that the hundreds to thousands many of us most loyal to the platform already put in are not enough. That we have to spend $50 a year on a service many of us quite franky have no interest in. All this on top of our own community manager taking a broad swipe at any and all who have legitimate complaints about the platform and insulting them, the same people who keep the revenue stream flowing so he can keep his job.

The worst part of all is that there is no other way to gain access to these features than to subscribe to what is essentially a game rental service with some other benefits thrown in. It doesn't matter how great of a deal PS+ is (which in my opinion it is) but it's more a matter of principle. So please, either give us options to buy access to the content outright, or give it to all users & give Plus members other incentives that are more fair to the community. And quite franky, many of us Home users that have no interest in the gaming benefits offered by PS+ wouldn't subscribe anyway. At least half the people I come across use an account for Home seperately from their main gaming account. Like they're gonna shell out $50 a year for new color options & character slots? I think not.

Message 1 of 199 (1,113 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Re: PS+ Locked Features Are An Insult

Jan 23, 2013
Even as a Plus user myself I find it wrong to have core features be accessible to Plus members only. Its bad and they should feel bad.
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 2 of 199 (1,091 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jan 23, 2013

PS+ has been out for how long now? PS3 users have had it and benefited with games and discounts. Home users have been asking for PS+ and now they have it. I'll say it again. We asked for it and recieved it. Expect more discounts and features. This is just the start Smiley Wink

HomeStationMagazine
Message 3 of 199 (1,084 Views)
VP of Gaming
34146 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

all of these features should be available to everyone, but Home is a cash cow, so its no surprise that they pulled something like this.

people have asked for more hair colors aswell as PS+ content. so i guess they decided to kill 2 birds with one stone and make the more hair colors the PS+ content.

Message 4 of 199 (1,082 Views)
I Only Post Everything
735 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

If I could pay like $10 for a color wheel I'd so do it. I've been waiting so long for other colors and stuff, and I've never had PSPlus, but I sure have spent a lot on Home. I'd much rather pay for this feature and just "own" it permanently. Charge $5-10 or something for it on Home and I think people would buy it. Maybe it should be free to Plus users but everyone should be able to buy the feature.

I kinda feel ripped off and used. People put in ideas and then this is how they are utilized. You are right, it's insulting. Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 199 (1,039 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jan 23, 2013

How many of you have PS+ and find this to be a bonus?

HomeStationMagazine
Message 6 of 199 (1,018 Views)
Sackboy
584 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

sorry to go off topic, but I would like to ask ya something, whoever asked for a Hub in the first place, answer to that it was sony, There were no threads on here saying should they get rid of CP and make a new mall, no one asked for it, Yes a new mall look probably, the one we have now is a futuristic disaster, heck they should rename the hub to  *The Cash Cow Hub."

PS Home team should go with what we want not what they want, dumb greedy coneheads. lol I was gonna say something beyond but I didn't want to jump the gun lol. 

But back to your question, yes I agree with ya, I think it is an insult and unfair.

Message 7 of 199 (1,011 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Jan 23, 2013

ps plus rules

Message 8 of 199 (1,006 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Jan 23, 2013
^ A bonus would be discounts on Home items. Charging for core features is a slap to the face. And again, I have Plus.
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 9 of 199 (990 Views)
Gaming Beast
1961 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

How many of you have PS+ and find this to be a bonus?

I do, and it  makes it even better since I pay extra for free games and discounts. Yes. Your right. Home should have had these features with plus a long time ago.

sword-art-online
Message 10 of 199 (984 Views)