Aug 22 2013
By: KENO99R First Son 10 posts

PS Home items; Are they worth buying ?

27 replies 463 views Edited Aug 22, 2013

Are PS Home items like clothes, companions, personal spaces, etc. worth buying now that the PS4 is coming out.

Message 1 of 28 (463 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Re: PS Home items; Are they worth buying ?

Aug 22, 2013
Good question one I feel many of us have been and are trying to answer in our minds currently. I know its been on mine. Personally I think the answer is totally subjective. If you can afford something, and it will bring you joy, then do it. Buy it. One life to live. Nothing lasts forever. Diamonds are a girls best friend and whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

(I realize those last two are completely irrelevant, but I was on a roll Smiley Tongue)
Support Forums
Message 2 of 28 (456 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1102 posts

Aug 22, 2013

thats up to you.  if you think its worth it to spend money on things in a virtual world, that are only going to be there temporarily then go for it.  It is easy to waste loads of money on home tho.  i've spent an embarassingly large amount of money on there.  i regret it sometimes.  if you're trying to make friends on home, then its probably in your best interest to do so.  most home users are very judgemental torwards people that haven't spent any money.  its sad but thats how it is.  

~~~~~~~~~ Show No Fear - Fortune Favors The Bold! ~~~~~~~~~
Message 3 of 28 (452 Views)
Sackboy
314 posts

Aug 22, 2013

xfisticuffsx wrote:

thats up to you.  if you think its worth it to spend money on things in a virtual world, that are only going to be there temporarily then go for it.  It is easy to waste loads of money on home tho.  i've spent an embarassingly large amount of money on there.  i regret it sometimes.  if you're trying to make friends on home, then its probably in your best interest to do so.  most home users are very judgemental torwards people that haven't spent any money.  its sad but thats how it is.  

why would u want "friends" like that??? if u have good conversation then the clothes you wear dont even matter. wwhen i do spend time on home i do fine with mostly rewards.

Latest : Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
Message 4 of 28 (422 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1102 posts

Aug 22, 2013

I stand by what I said.  A question was asked and I was honest in my response.  I'm not knocking you or your friends.  But yes, most people on home frown upon people that don't spend money on stuff.  Everyone thats used home enough knows this. I'm not like that, not everyone is like that, but its true in most cases. 

~~~~~~~~~ Show No Fear - Fortune Favors The Bold! ~~~~~~~~~
Message 5 of 28 (415 Views)
Wastelander
582 posts

Aug 22, 2013

Topic creator has 1 post to their credit.... this seems kind of a troll thread to me. To answer your question, if you get enjoyment from them, Home items are as legit as any other DLC or items in the millions of other video games and MMOs that sell the same kinds of things, often for higher prices.

Message 6 of 28 (400 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 22, 2013

This isn't  a troll thread first of all. Second, I don't ask many questions because I started recently.

Message 7 of 28 (393 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29243 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 22, 2013

KENO99R wrote:

Are PS Home items like clothes, companions, personal spaces, etc. worth buying now that the PS4 is coming out.

The value of these items is up to the individual. Some people like to collect everything. Kind of a status thing. Others buy select items so that they will be seen as individuals. 

Think of it as customization. Like what you would do when playing any online (or even offline) game.

It's all a personal choice. The value is dependent on what we ourselves have placed on it.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 8 of 28 (390 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1051 posts

Aug 22, 2013

KENO99R wrote:

This isn't  a troll thread first of all. Second, I don't ask many questions because I started recently.

I am not buying personal spaces or any furniture items/decorations(rarely did anyways) anymore thats for sure, Just LMOs/Dances that I can have fun with and clothing items. Also I do not purchase any of the games/tickets/game items on home anymore because I can just quit home if I want to play. So basically clothing items and inventory items is all I'd spend on...hope that helps lol

Astrocytoma can ruin my life but it can't break my spirit...Ghost minded and in the Shadows. Don't get it? yeah thats because it isn't normal.
Message 9 of 28 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Aug 22, 2013

I think as long as there are home players who enjoying spending on home, it'll always be worth something to somebody.

Personally to me, I probably won't spend much if anything at all once on home when the PS4 comes out.

I will return to the PS3 to play GTA V, and check up on home from time to time. 

But spending will probably be cut.

Message 10 of 28 (327 Views)
0 Likes