Keyblade Wielder
8190 posts

Re: PS Home Creeps

Apr 25, 2014
I have always found the notion of someone taking a picture of pixelated avatars to be perceived as offensive, an absolutely rediculous idea.

People take pics of my avatar.
Okay, who cares.

It is legal to take, pictures of REAL PEOPLE, in public places, without their permission.

Have people lost a sense of reality?

You are NOT your avatar.
You do not own the design or content that constitutes your avatar. The respective developers do.

Sony has decided to incorporate this option in the Home UI. Sony has decided this option, and the free use of is acceptable.

If you don't want your avatar's pixels collected, hide in private spaces.

Beyond this, if someone in Home says something you find, offensive, block and mute them (poof, problem gone).

Report when warranted.
Rinse, repeat.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
With few exceptions, true suppression, repression and oppression is often fueled by fear, not by logic or reasonable morality
Message 91 of 113 (515 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3105 posts

Apr 25, 2014

purpledreams82 wrote:
Solution - Uh if u don't wear provocative clothing from granzilla (or other company) a lot. Less creeps will notice u.

Done.

If only this were true. All you have to do to attract a creep's attention is be female -- or in some cases, male.

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 92 of 113 (460 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13193 posts

Apr 25, 2014

great. a Creepy OP has been bumped by a creepy person (sorry for offening ya)

Message 93 of 113 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Apr 25, 2014

No matter what else that may be said or not said in this thread, I am glad that troll who likes to Pm girls and call them bad names seems to be out of the bowling alley now.

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 94 of 113 (452 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 25, 2014

Creeps definitely come in both genders. I have had a few female avatars come up behind mine and snap pictures and that's just the ones i know about (afk a lot).  I have also tried making an avatar of a young looking boy to avoid being bothered by girls when i am trying to get something done and had a male avatar come up behind me and snap a pic. I was grossed out by it, but totally busted up laughing because i didn't  really expect it. Should have expected it, this is the internets after all and it's where the creeps reside. 

Back to being my normal avatar now as the attention of females is much more preferable. I just ignore everyone anyways...

Message 95 of 113 (443 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
301 posts

Apr 25, 2014

DeadONsight666x wrote:

What I dont get is the ones who's reason is "girls have better clothes". If you're a male and you truly believe that, you might need to rethink your gender identity much less your time on ps home.

That's the reason I do it... but also because I don't enjoy staring at my own manass all the time. Smiley Tongue

- PlayStation Home Beta Tester from Oct 14th 2008 to April 1st 2015 -
Message 96 of 113 (425 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1146 posts

Apr 25, 2014
Uh no u don't need to be "only" female. It's what u wear that attract creeps.
Message 97 of 113 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3105 posts

Apr 28, 2014

purpledreams82 wrote:
Uh no u don't need to be "only" female. It's what u wear that attract creeps.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Creeps are not always attracted by skimpy clothing. I've had many creeps bother me and I don't dress that way.

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 98 of 113 (379 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Apr 28, 2014
-creeps on forum- 8)
Message 99 of 113 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
485 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 28, 2014

I don't dress provactively (unless you count tame dresses, free t-shirts and jeans, as provocative. And I get actually, legitimately creepy guys hit on me all the time. I''ve had inappropriate comments made about my "sexy ice cream outfit" and in that outfit I'm literally a giant cup of chocolate ice cream. http://cdn.alphazone4.com/l/d3d5c2cf4257c719098ed31eaf704df2.png <--- How is that sexy? 

That being said, if you are getting a lot of pictures of your avatar it just means you've designed it well. I've shown people pics of  funny avatars like some chick that was a minecraft looking character, or this giant one eyed puff thingy that looked like it belonged in a ghostbuster's movie. I don't see how that's a problem. If I were to go to a park and take pictures of the scenery, nobody would call that creepy even if they winded up in the shot. If I took a pic of a cop, none would call that creepy. So why should that arbitrary rule apply to home.

Now if the guy is crouching down attempting to get an upskirt or something, that's different. But just going around randomly snapping screenshots isn't necessairly creepy.

As for cyber bullying, yes, that's a real issue. And people have died because of it. But I don't really see how it applies to this thread, since the case of it being any form of harassment whatsoever is dubious at best.

Message 100 of 113 (363 Views)