Jan 01 2014
By: Sassy_Kate Monster Hunter 26 posts

PS Home Creeps

112 replies 1750 views Edited Jan 1, 2014

this goes to all the Ladies out there
does anyone of you ever notice any creeps on ps home ?
because for me, what I experience is that sometimes I can be all alone walking either at the beach or the hide away and sometimes 

a random dude comes out of nowhere stands right in front of me with my arms folded without him uttering a word and thats where he takes a random picture of me and dashes off

Ladies what is/are your thoughts on this scenario I just put up ?
put yourselves in my shoes

Message 1 of 113 (1,750 Views)
VP of Gaming
28880 posts

Re: PS Home Creeps

[ Edited ]
Jan 3, 2014

1) Sadly, many females, or males using female avatars, face this each time they make a public appearance. This type of behavior may continue on Home for a while. So please, be proactive.

2) Politely ask him to stop. If he doesn't, then press the SELECT button and scroll to the report option. Then report him.

3) Put him on IGNORE or BLOCK.

4) Do not say anything to the harasser. And do not talk about him to others in a public area. Doing so will usually enourage such people to continue with their bad behavior.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 2 of 113 (1,738 Views)
Fender Bender
1148 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2014

I have been in your shoes, a thousand times.

You cannot stop anyone from taking Pics. Don't stress over it.

In fact, you are lucky; you say they then run away.

If they get in your face, or they assume a compromising position, ask them politely by their user name to give you some space.

If they are still " in your face ", or  have their face somewhere embarassing, tell them that if you have to ask a 2nd time for them to move away, you will report them, and put them on Ignore.

This just happened to me at the Bowling Alley. The guy got up, after I requested / warned him, and ran like the drooling, depraved, rabid dog that he is.

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 3 of 113 (1,734 Views)
Monster Hunter
26 posts

Jan 1, 2014

but the very worst side of it is that even though I don't have that dude in my list after taking a picture of me, he sometimes goes behind me and share the picture amongst his frens 

Message 4 of 113 (1,702 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28880 posts

Jan 1, 2014

IGNORE him.

Unless the population changes, we will often share the same instance with the same people. Or you both may have a common friend or two.

I suggest doing what I had mentioned above. The matter will not go away until all users take the Terms of Service seriously and learn how to properly respect their fellow Homesters.

I've witnessed less of this type of offense over the years, but it still does exist. Just ask them to stop, report them if they don't and then put them on IGNORE.

Please share this information with your friends. Help them out.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 5 of 113 (1,689 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Jan 1, 2014

Sassy_Kate wrote:

this goes to all the Ladies out there
does anyone of you ever notice any creeps on ps home ?
because for me, what I experience is that sometimes I can be all alone walking either at the beach or the hide away and sometimes 

a random dude comes out of nowhere stands right in front of me with my arms folded without him uttering a word and thats where he takes a random picture of me and dashes off

Ladies what is/are your thoughts on this scenario I just put up ?
put yourselves in my shoes

Sony, putting that dumb "taken pictures" text has been nothing but a big mistake.  Everybody complains when ever that comes on.  As for them taken pictures?  You do understand they are not taken pic's of you but your avatar and thats not a real person.  There are all kinds of things you can do...  

1. Ignore or Block
  2. make your avatar less sexy or pretty
  3. Turn your avater into a guy.

But bottom line this really is not a big deal.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 6 of 113 (1,671 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Jan 1, 2014
Hello Sassy_Kate welcome to the Home forums. Pictures are taken in Home for a variety of reasons and the sound of the snapshot is heard even when someone around isnt neccesarily taking a picture of you. I wouldnt worry too much about it honestly its like in real life as long as nobody is filming you personally inappropriately, we all have the right to use our cameras of the area surrounding us in Home.

We can block or ignore users if they become inappropriate via their words towards you, but remember these people are only looking for attention and do not always need to be argued with. If they become very inappropriate with you, there is an option to report them to moderation as well via the submit a report tab after pressing select on your controller while in Home.
Support Forums
Message 7 of 113 (1,646 Views)
Fender Bender
1473 posts

Jan 2, 2014

Well I am a lady and if someone comes along and wants to take a picture of me, honestly I really don't care.

I guess my pixels must be looking pretty darn good for them to want a picture, so I take it as a compliment.

After all, it is only pixels and if they show it to whomever, does anyone in my real life know that it is me, ummmm, nope. Smiley Wink

As far as "creeps" go, taking a picture of me is fine and dandy, just as long as that is all and there are no "cough" comments, if you know what I mean, because in a case like that, either reporting or ignoring works for me.

By the way, I take quite a few pictures around home and some people might think I am taking a picture of them, but in fact I am taking a picture of the space or a particular scenery section and I have had people yell "WHO IS TAKING PICTURES?" to which I quickly skulk away.Smiley Surprised

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Message 8 of 113 (1,637 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Jan 2, 2014
This is such a broad topic to cover in Home. It would really benefit from Obdule's wisdom.

Hey Kate, first welcome to NA boards Smiley Happy second is don't fret about virtual snapshots. In the end it means nothing, but do use the ignore option if things get out of hand, and if that still doesn't get you any peace then report with the Select button. Have a good one!

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 9 of 113 (1,618 Views)
Wastelander
624 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 2, 2014

It happens pretty much daily to me and I'd guess most other  girls experience it daily too. I just turn away and ignore. Its been like this since Home started and it won't change so do as I did and ignore if it becomes a pain Smiley Happy Good luck and welcome to the Home Forums Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 113 (1,557 Views)
0 Likes