Gaming Beast
1732 posts

Re: PS Home Challenges: Great News!!

Dec 25, 2013
Home screws up, someone else pays for it. It's a pain but it happens a lot more often than usual as of late. This would've unlocked the Fratos space but being 100 points short prevented that. Given that this was caused by the same personnel who recently gave everyone developer access, it could've been a lot worse.
Message 61 of 116 (317 Views)
Sackboy
404 posts

Dec 25, 2013

Tranny_Got_Swag wrote:
Home screws up, someone else pays for it. It's a pain but it happens a lot more often than usual as of late. This would've unlocked the Fratos space but being 100 points short prevented that. Given that this was caused by the same personnel who recently gave everyone developer access, it could've been a lot worse.

On the upside, you are much closer than I am to earning that reward.  Good luck to you, and early congratulations upon your eventual completionSmiley Happy

Message 62 of 116 (302 Views)
Gaming Beast
1732 posts

Dec 25, 2013
Thanks, only 100 points left and Tranny will have the new Fratos space. The error that yielded 500 points instead of 600 proves someone on the Home staff can't count, and yet some wonder still wonder why when Tranny thinks of the Home staff the image of caged zoo monkeys flinging their poo at each other quickly comes to mind.
Message 63 of 116 (285 Views)
Fender Bender
3272 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 25, 2013

Little notes about arcade cabinet challenge.

The Scribble shooter 5000 pts. You don't need to lose all life. I go to the end, kill the boss and get my 200 xp. 

BUT... You have to wait until the game ends.

Which means, if you own the game. Yes, you have to lose all lives.

If you don't own the cabinet, wait until it show you the prompt to buy the cabinet after defeating the boss.

Just don't quit before the "official game end"... Of course, you can always suicide after getting your 5000 pts.

As for Wipeout. I found it incredibly difficult... Until I tried another ship then the "noob one"! lol

I use the Assess... Asseiy... Assie,sumtng Smiley Wink It's blue with with a "fork" nose.

Cakewalk!!!

Confirmed the personal cabinet doesn't  grant the challenge reward. That is the bad part.

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 64 of 116 (275 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Re: PS Home Challenges: Double XP Today

Dec 25, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

New challenges for today 12/25 - The season ends in 34 days (33 in EU)

1. Wipeout 2D - Finish in the top 3
  2. Strike One! - Get a strike in a match or practice (Bowling Alley)
  3. Wipeout 2D - Take part in any race and win
  4. Scribble Shooter - Hit 5,000 Score
  5. Scribble Shooter - Pacifist

Have a wonderful Day everyone and Merry Christmas Woman Very Happy

Message 65 of 116 (272 Views)
Gaming Beast
1732 posts

Dec 25, 2013
Well the Wipeout 2-D game sucks anyway, that'll be yet another reason to keep it in storage where it belongs.
Message 66 of 116 (271 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
566 posts

Re: PS Home Challenges: Bonus XP Day today 12/25

Dec 25, 2013

The Sky Temple is pretty sweet. Merry Christmas!

Message 67 of 116 (251 Views)
Uncharted Territory
871 posts

Dec 25, 2013
@Dr_Do-Little: Regarding Scribble Shooter, what you've described makes sense now as I own the cabinet and never finished the game so I never got the challenge completion until I lost my ships.

For Wipeout, I find that changing the camera helps a lot.
"...All life is transitory, a dream. We all come together in the same place, at the end of time. If I don't see you again here, I will see you, in a little while, in a place where no shadows fall." -Delenn, Babylon 5

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif

Message 68 of 116 (229 Views)
Gaming Beast
1569 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 25, 2013
**bleep**!!? So let me get this straight. As my main account (this one) the only way I seem to get the high score challenge complete for scribble shooter is to die with at least 5000 points, yet on my other accounts I can play a perfect game with NO LIVES lost , beat the boss as usual, and get the complete as long as I get 5000 points. Wow. Stranger and stranger. Ok, whatever it takes I guess.
Message 69 of 116 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4236 posts

Dec 25, 2013
Grand_Viceroy I Only Post Everything 10:20 AM

Add Comment Kudo 0

**bleep**!!? So let me get this straight. As my main account (this one) the only way I seem to get the high score challenge complete for scribble shooter is to die with at least 5000 points, yet on my other accounts I can play a perfect game with NO LIVES lost , beat the boss as usual, and get the complete as long as I get 5000 points. Wow. Stranger and stranger. Ok, whatever it takes I guess.

***it sounds like you own the game on your main account. So that means you have to keep going until all lives are lost, you dont have to jusy kill yourself, you can keep playing, but the game has to end to get the points. Now if you dont own the game, think of it as a 1 level demo. Thats why the game ends after the 1st level.....***
Message 70 of 116 (164 Views)