Fender Bender
1557 posts

Re: PS Home Challenges: Daily Challenges 12/28

Dec 28, 2013

For all of those who have avoided Wipeout, read Dr_Do-Little, smokingpistol, and MsLiZa's tips in this thread. I followed each of their suggestions and finished a race for the first time. Albeit in 4th place which is better then being stuck on the track going in the wrong direction. But with a little practice, I should be able to finish in 3rd place or better.

Smiley Happy Mur

Posted Image
Message 91 of 116 (261 Views)
Fender Bender
2769 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 28, 2013

LOL Smiley Very Happy 

Wipeout 2D is the very first game I played on Home on my first day... Let say it started on the wrong foot!

When I saw it in the challenges I was like... Oh god -_-

Then I decided to give it a shot. I cursed a lot... hated it... rage quit.... tried again....

I was getting close... but no cigar. I was thinking "If I can't even fly the basic ship. How can I even think of trying another one."

I did, out of options. ZOOOOM! 1st place!  

Now I'm starting to like it. Might even sink time on it. I can defenetively picture me sinking quarters in it 25 years ago.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 92 of 116 (255 Views)
Welcoming Committee
3752 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 29, 2013

@ Mur and Dolittle - Congrats!

I have improved greatly in Bowling which was another game I had issues with, simply because bowling has never been my thing but I have gotten much much better playing the game since the challenges.  

Part of whats awesome about being in this community is not only sharing tips and tricks that can improve your overall game play, but (at least to me) when others share their triumphs, It certainlly encourages me not to quit and keep on trying Woman Wink

Contrary Serperior Now Available for U.S.
Quod dignum sit facere, dignum est farcere bene
#Live the game
Message 93 of 116 (214 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Dec 29, 2013

I'll throw a game of pool should someone tell me they're working on a challenge. I'll try to beat you though first Smiley Happy

Message 94 of 116 (205 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Dec 29, 2013
I still avoid the Pottermore challenges every time. I can complete both Wipeout tasks in less time than it takes to load Pottermore. Scribble Shooter, Icebreaker and bowling are always easy as well.
castle3
Message 95 of 116 (190 Views)
Fender Bender
2769 posts

Dec 29, 2013

I don't understand why so many people hate the Pottermore challenges. Sure the places take some time to load, but not more than waiting for a bowling game or finding an empty pool table or Wipeout machine.

Tutorial and charms are easy and quickly done. 

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 96 of 116 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Dec 29, 2013

Dr_Do-Little wrote:

I don't understand why so many people hate the Pottermore challenges. Sure the places take some time to load, but not more than waiting for a bowling game or finding an empty pool table or Wipeout machine.

I've had many many issues getting the games to load at all for the Pottermore challenges. Sometimes the prompt to join the game just never appears even after waiting 20+ mins. I have much better luck getting in a pool or bowling game.

Message 97 of 116 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2769 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 29, 2013

myalana wrote:

Dr_Do-Little wrote:

I've had many many issues getting the games to load at all for the Pottermore challenges. Sometimes the prompt to join the game just never appears even after waiting 20+ mins. I have much better luck getting in a pool or bowling game.

Yeah, there's that part too. Smiley Frustrated 

I'm one of the lucky who didn't had this issue. Must say I was out on honeymoon when the challenges came out. So I didn't had to suffer the launch problems.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 98 of 116 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Dec 29, 2013
The Charms challenge is quick and easy. I pass on the others.
castle3
Message 99 of 116 (164 Views)
Gaming Beast
1732 posts

Dec 29, 2013
Wizard Duel has actually loaded upon entry lately.
Message 100 of 116 (157 Views)