Wastelander
380 posts

Re: PS Home Challenges: Double XP Today

Dec 24, 2013

Grand_Viceroy wrote:
I hope this time the Scribble Shooter 5000 PTA challenge actually gives me my 100 points this time. I got cheated on Sunday. Did it multiple times yet didn't recognize my completing the challenge.

You need to lose all of your ships/lives after you get your 5k, then you will get the completed challenge msg.

Message 51 of 116 (661 Views)
Sackboy
385 posts

Dec 24, 2013

redrumblefish wrote:

Grand_Viceroy wrote:
I hope this time the Scribble Shooter 5000 PTA challenge actually gives me my 100 points this time. I got cheated on Sunday. Did it multiple times yet didn't recognize my completing the challenge.

You need to lose all of your ships/lives after you get your 5k, then you will get the completed challenge msg.

I second that. I did the 5k challenge with one ship and while I was still in the game shooting down scribbled spaceships I got the message that I passed the challenge.

Message 52 of 116 (655 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1567 posts

Dec 25, 2013
@HOPPER_34: Yep. Even defeated the boss at the end of the stage with the greatest of ease, no lives lost. I tried again earlier today. Got cheated AGAIN. Yet my other accounts received their 100 points. Strange, huh?
Message 53 of 116 (627 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1567 posts

Dec 25, 2013
Huh!!? I've never had to do that before and had still received a complete notice and my 100 points regardless.
Message 54 of 116 (624 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
870 posts

Re: PS Home Challenges: Great News!!

Dec 25, 2013
5k challenge hasn't worked for me. Then I tried losing all my ships as suggested and it kicked in. Don't know why it works but it does.
"...All life is transitory, a dream. We all come together in the same place, at the end of time. If I don't see you again here, I will see you, in a little while, in a place where no shadows fall." -Delenn, Babylon 5

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif

Message 55 of 116 (597 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
24 posts

Dec 25, 2013

when the challenge is to obtain a certain score, the notification wont 'pop' until you loose all of your lives, and i think once you know you've scored the requirement, you can quit the game and it still count for the challenge.

Message 56 of 116 (572 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1732 posts

Dec 25, 2013
Home staff are morons for forcing those Wipeout 2D challenges on anyone who wants a 600 point day today. Game has poor controls and unfair A.I. to boot. Yeah happy holidays to you too Home staff, ugh.
Message 57 of 116 (543 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
404 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 25, 2013

Tranny_Got_Swag wrote:
Home staff are morons for forcing those Wipeout 2D challenges on anyone who wants a 600 point day today. Game has poor controls and unfair A.I. to boot. Yeah happy holidays to you too Home staff, ugh.

Scribble Shooter had the Pacifist and 5000 point challenges listed today, so if you can complete them that is 400 points.  If you do not mind the Bowling Alley, the Strike challenge should net you the remaining 200 points(Edit:  or so I thought, see the post below this one). 

The Playstation Home Arcade app in the Playstation Store rewards(or it did, not sure how true this is now)Wipeout 2D as one of two free arcade cabinets.  The other reward was Icebreaker if I recall correctly.  If nothing else, you will have a machine to practice on for days when those challenges are listed(Edit:  The challenges do not appear to work with the arcade cabinet at this time, though they are working at the Wipeout Museum.  Oddly, I had previously completed the Icebreaker challenges using the very reward mentioned in this post).  The app was a free download.  Even if the rewards no longer work, the only thing you are out is time.  Hope this helps!

P.S.  Some of this is not applicable if you got hit by that weird delay I was hearing about.  If that is true, I apologize for wasting your time.  For the record, I am not crazy about Wipeout 2D eitherSmiley Sad

Message 58 of 116 (524 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1732 posts

Dec 25, 2013
Tranny only got 100 on bowling but 200 each on the two Scribble Shooter challenges, so only 500 total. Not sure if that's some kind of screw up or what, but that's what happened.
Message 59 of 116 (482 Views)
Sackboy
404 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 25, 2013

Tranny_Got_Swag wrote:
Tranny only got 100 on bowling but 200 each on the two Scribble Shooter challenges, so only 500 total. Not sure if that's some kind of screw up or what, but that's what happened.

Some of my friends are reporting similar problems, and the arcade cabinet for Wipeout 2D is not rewarding challenge points either.  I have amended my post to reflect this new information.  Again, I am sincerely sorry if this inconvenienced you(or anyone else for that matter)in any way.

Message 60 of 116 (479 Views)