I honestly don't know where to start LOL 2013 has been an amazing year with good moments and great moments.
My favorite event was Kikai Empire, I grinded my butt to 13th place, my favorite forum user event is the PIPs; these are by far the best Home gatherings I've been to and they just keep getting better. I shared my Home story with everyone which was very hard for me and I am extremely grateful for the outpouring of caring and support showed in these forums.
I think Veemee "killed it" as far as Devs with Acorn Meadows Park and their constant development of amazing content and some of my favorite freebees like: Acorn Meadows Nighttime, Rudolph animal avatar (to name a few). I was sad to see GlassWalls leave and the news about no more content for Japan Home broke my heart since it was my 2nd Home. Not knowing about Homes future is unsettling, but its been nice to see that Sony is still investing and advertising, I really like the addition of the Home Challenges and the Orson's Throne. I have made many new WONDERFUL friends this year everyone of them.
This has honestly been the best year for me as far as personal growth and I hope to continue growing with this community that means to much to me.
I've found - as always - that people are the best and worst of Home.
To my friends, to people who share with and help others, to people who perform random acts of kindness, you're all great.
To trolls, pervs, hackers and freezers, grow up. You're an embarrassment to yourselves and will hate looking back on who you were some day.
2013 best :
Kikai, Tycoon's Amusement Park, all of Acorn's Holiday Park Themes, my 600th win at Hudson, Player Inspect, some wonderful Outfits, Stephie's BCAM event, Witchy_One's Winter Wonderland Xmas Party, my bff Duchessban1's Casino Season 2 Top 10 accomplishment, seeing Elvis on the Stripper Pole at David Guetta's.
2013 worst :
Wardrobe / Storage management problems contimue, innumerable F13 Errors, Freezers and excreable Exploiters, the Hudson Masked Mass Molester perv didn't get his thrird permaban.
All in all, 2013 was a pretty good year.
Good people, and good friends make Home a " best " experience.
Bad people take some of the joy away.
" Hear no, see no, speak no " Sony, is it's own worst enenmy.
Here's my best and worst of 2013 in Home: Best of 2013 - 1. Went to the E3 2013 space, it was awesome and got all the rewards. 2. Joined the Kikai event game and beat it (thanks everyone for that). 3. Added Challenges so people can earn points when completing challenges and get rewards. 4. Played the Halloween themed Serenity Plaza and bought the statue item and get the werewolf costume. 5. I really enjoyed the PS4 experience space and completed the quest (I hope the 2nd season of the quest comes soon). Worst of 2013 - 1. Home froze at least several times this year and getting some errors (but finally got some fixed). 2. Home went on the longest maintenance ever but I never give up on Home during that time and glad that it's over. 3. Didn't get a chance to go to the Home's 5th anniversary party but I share some great memories of PS Home through out the years. That's all there is for 2013 and hopely Home gets better in 2014 with more new things like event spaces, game spaces and more improvements in Home to make it better. As for PS Home coming to PS4, we don't know but we will soon find out. Have a Happy New Year and PARTY ON at PS Home
The Bad things of Home for 2013: The former friends of mine that just so had 2 act like children and not fess up just 2 what their problems was but oh well Lmao!! That kikia event, to me, did not live up to the "so called" hype, although I did finish 35th and played alone the very last 4 days of said event, but was a complete disappointment and coulda been harder and more challenging as it DID claim 2 be, but its Eh
Never ask questions you don't wanna know da answers to!!~~
You don't have 2 love me,You don't even have 2 like me, But you WILL Respect me!!~~
Loved by few, Hated by many, Respected by All!!~~
The Fear of Death, is far greater then Death itself,
The Fear of the Unknown is the greatest fear of them all!!
My Top 5 for 2013:
1. Arcade Machines: Great to see some of the classics finally make it to Home. We need more.
2. Kikai Machine Empire: Who knew you could do something like this in Home? Very ambitious, very challenging and an interesting story.
3. Orson's Throne Room: A great callback to past Christmas events, and some very challenging minigames.
4. Challenges System: This is something that Home should have had ages ago to show off everything that it can be.
5. Ogre Extermination: It ate a month of my life, so I must have enjoyed it.
6. PS4 Quest for Greatness: Who doesn't want free Twisted Metal?
Yes, there are 6. Couldn't keep it to 5.
My Worst of 2013:
1. Exploiters: Both in world and on the forum, this small group of people drew far more attention than they deserved. They are an ongoing, disruptive presence that call into question how seriously moderation takes its responsibilities. I left Home for several months this year because I was tired of their nonsense and the lack of rules enforcement.
2. Heavy Water: Developers who skip out and leave broken content behind do tremendous damage to the service and the community.
3. Cutthroats: Why shouldn't developers skip out when the people who run the platform leave their own content broken?
4. Lockwood HQ: It's a shame that this space was abandoned. The original version was a fantastic place to learn about Lockwood's products. The new lounge for "Dream" space owners pales by comparison.
5. Granzella Flying Events: Buy costume. Fly. Get rewards. Tanabata was great because it was cooperative. The rest of the flying was overkill.
Overall, the year in Home ended on a very high note with Challenges and some great holiday content. Next year looks promising, especially if there's more arcade machines on the horizon.
-Throughout more than half of the year, GZ content was being released in EU first while we had to wait at least a month, 2 months in the case of Kikai (agreed)
-I missed Kikai due to being away when it finally came out (because you rage quit because of GZ/SCEA because of among of delays that happend, you should have keep your eye out if u got a chance)
-Reskins, reskins, and more reskins!
-Hold square LMOs are still being produced
-People leaving Home due to FFXIV and GTAV (Noting personal with it, it happends everytime when a big game gets release)
-No more blog updates before the Home update, despite EU continuing to receive them.
-Lock-a-doodle when it first came out & didn't allow friends to play (and now its Free...)
-The WASTErn Frontier (mainly that we can't buy trade tokens directly) (lol that title really fit since its set in the desert)