Dec 27 2013
By: Zeelot Fender Bender 2802 posts

PS Home 2013 Year in Review (edited)

[ Edited ]
25 replies 557 views Edited Jan 1, 2014

Well with 2013 over and 2014 here...What were your best and worst times of this year,purchases you were excited to finally get on Home, events you attended or maybe New friends you were glad to meet.

Myself i had a decent year though i cut my spending down, was happy to see all these New LMO's come out as the Developer's were getting really creative. I attended a few events this year...mostly PSTalent ones and one PIP and those are always fun as you can meet new ppl.

I would say the worst part of 2013 on Home was the consistant problems with Hackers(didnt afffect me) and then a minor shutdown of Home but i think the top News this year was simply about not knowing what Sony's plans were for Home on the PS4 or Home's Life in general on the system itself..i guess we will just have to play the waiting game.

So feel free to share your highs and lows and what you would like to see in 2014 or maybe you have a resolution to stop buying or maybe continue to support it..everybody has a voice so lets hear it (keep it on topic and not use it for ranting).Smiley Wink

photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Message 1 of 26 (557 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29264 posts

Re: With 2014 approaching Let's review 2013 on Home

Dec 27, 2013

Player Inspect was the best addition in my view. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 26 (554 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4550 posts

Dec 27, 2013

Some good moments for Home this year was the Kikai event, Player inspect, and all of the PS4 related stuff.

Bad moments were Home's lag, outage, and the return of freezing.

I spent less on Home this year than my past few years because of the re-skins and prices. A new LMO every week is great....sometimes. I feel like 2014 will be a bit more succesful year for Home.

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 3 of 26 (548 Views)
Fender Bender
1554 posts

Dec 27, 2013

My highs this year were spending time with friends sharing club events, parties, and fund raisers. Have to say Kikai stands out as my favorite Home game of the year. Definitely think StephieRawk's BCAM event stands our for me as one of the most fun times I have had on Home in awhile. GO PINK DOLPHIES!

My lowest moment has to be the PS4 rolling out without a word from Sony about Home. But to stay positive, have enjoyed sharing good times. Meeting so many of you during PIPS, events, or just hanging out in Home makes my world a better place.

Thanks for the great thread, Zeelot. Smiley Happy Mur

Posted Image
Message 4 of 26 (541 Views)
Lombax Warrior
79 posts

Dec 27, 2013
I spent the most this year... a lot and I guess mall hacked items w Inspect was a good option but ya sad how people worked hard to get those and others got them easily, freezing was lame typical freezers -_- and sad theres no Central Plaza still or Hair options to Organize Hair ... i guess a lot of negatives ... and no Sony Xmas event ... and no home on PS4 wow xD Worst year ever for users and best year ever for sony.
Stan: So we're just gonna let other kids decide which game system we all play on? What would they do on Game of Thrones? What would they do when things look their darkest?
Message 5 of 26 (534 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
12803 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 28, 2013

Best: MOAR GAME-RELATED CONTENT FINALLY

Worst: When anything in home can be controversial

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 6 of 26 (521 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
12803 posts

Dec 27, 2013

NInaLovesU86 wrote:
I spent the most this year... a lot and I guess mall hacked items w Inspect was a good option but ya sad how people worked hard to get those and others got them easily, freezing was lame typical freezers -_- and sad theres no Central Plaza still or Hair options to Organize Hair ... i guess a lot of negatives ... and no Sony Xmas event ... and no home on PS4 wow xD Worst year ever for users and best year ever for sony.

I though there is one. and it call Orson's Throne Room

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 7 of 26 (518 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
79 posts

Dec 27, 2013
its not 1 huge space its 1 challenge after the next .... who wants to hang in a small space?
Stan: So we're just gonna let other kids decide which game system we all play on? What would they do on Game of Thrones? What would they do when things look their darkest?
Message 8 of 26 (510 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
9227 posts

Dec 27, 2013

The best experience I've had with PlayStation Home of 2013 is the Player Inspect feature where I can purchase items through inspecting an user who is wearing an item that is rare, unreleased, or items that were no longer purchasable in stores. Also, I've enjoyed doing the PlayStation Home challenges that can earn me some unique rewards such as new clothing items, or a personal space once I've reached level 5. I even enjoyed Mystic Mur's Player Inspect events where I can meet with fellow forum users, and consider buying an item from them through inspect.

The worst experience I've had with Home of 2013 is the hiccuping sounds when I log on, freezing, long loading times, the outage I've experienced, ISE, and other users using some kind of a glitch to enhance their avatars' size into gigantic proportions. Also, I wish Sony would create official events like they have done with the previous ones back in 2011 and 2012.

I think PlayStation Home has made improvements from last year and I'm quite glad to have experienced it.

Message 9 of 26 (492 Views)
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 27, 2013

This was EASILY the best year in Home for me since I joined in March 2011. I have spent more money then ever, and in the previous years, I used to buy things for the sake of buying.

Now, I only purchase things I really like, so that shows how much the quality of Home items have improved, and how many JP imports we are getting.

Highlights:

-Lots of new max speed LMOs that don't require hold square
-Granzella apts with interactive features
-Acorn Meadows Park
-Peakvox labs and it's second update
-O-two clothing, furniture and apts
-Toylogic furniture

-VEEMEE's animal avatars

-Motion captured dances and new sitting/standing poses
-Player inspect, and the fact that you can still buy Irem items
-Mall wise, best xmas and Halloween content to date
-Improved Radioio, and commercial free subscriptions
-Cloud saves (sorry for the people who kept multiple deco layouts)
-Lots of new improvements coming with core updates
-The auction machine from 2012 never came back, and neither did maskmas, tikiween or witchgiving

Low points:

-Throughout more than half of the year, GZ content was being released in EU first while we had to wait at least a month, 2 months in the case of Kikai
-I missed Kikai due to being away when it finally came out
-Reskins, reskins, and more reskins!
-Hold square LMOs are still being produced
-People leaving Home due to FFXIV and GTAV
-No more blog updates before the Home update, despite EU continuing to receive them.
-Lock-a-doodle when it first came out & didn't allow friends to play
-The WASTErn Frontier (mainly that we can't buy trade tokens directly)

Message 10 of 26 (459 Views)