Dec 09 2012
By: GuRuAsaki2098 Uncharted Territory 1799 posts

PS HOME: Upgrades (Thoughts)?

5 replies 146 views Edited Dec 9, 2012

Oky, so we all know People want stuff in HOME, & they give it to us, but they always find an Alternative Way to give it to us... 

Why aren't the Developers Updating the Inventory System to work with all those New Features, instead of just giving us them in 

random Inventory Slots... Mainly the Extras Section... 

My guess is that this is their Design for HOME, & their determined to keep it that way... 

Why? It's beyond me, but it would only be an Improvement if they had Changed it... 

Any thoughts?

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 1 of 6 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3345 posts

Re: PS HOME: Upgrades (Thoughts)?

Dec 9, 2012

Finding "alternative" ways to give us what we request is better than never getting them, or at least in my opinion. I enjoy seeing developers get creative to give us innovation by pushing the bounds of the existing Home framework. It is often mentioned that there is a limited amount of memory available for each body part of the avatar, and so it is very likely that it's not even possible to update a lot of the existing items with increased functionality (like animated wings) simply because of the memory limits. If Home makes the jump to the next generation Sony console, it would be great to see the Home framework rewritten to allow better use of increased memory, but for that we'll just have to wait and see.

Message 2 of 6 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 9, 2012

Actually that isn't True about the memory, because the Items are indeed being made, their just being made for the wrong body parts... 

It's not the fact a Item should be made for this Body Part or that Body Part, it's that there is no Body Part for certain Items to be made for, 

thats the issue... If it was a Memory issue, i'd think they'd reframe from making the Items at all, wouldn't you? 

I agree with the rest of it... 

As you said, it could be a Memory issue, but I think it's more that HOME already gave us the Slots, & 

just don't feel like adding anymore slots to our Inventory... & they've already made that clear... 

by releasing Items like Wings for Hands, & Wings for Extras... Such, & such... 

You say possibly for Next Sony Console, like maybe the PS4 for example... 

It could supposedly be possible... The Question is, would they want to go there, oO

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 3 of 6 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

Dec 10, 2012
:^/ The developers need to work within the existing framework of Home. Only Sony can change the framework itself. Having said that, the developers are showing oodles of creativity within the limits they've been given. They deserve our applause.
Message 4 of 6 (105 Views)
Wastelander
631 posts

Dec 10, 2012

It would be nice if they put more wallpapers in the default personal space. However, this should be on suggestions.

Message 5 of 6 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

Dec 10, 2012

If it's a Suggestion, then why are you Posting in this Thread about it? 

We are in Discussion about Updates, not in a Suggestion... oO

Playstation 4
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 6 of 6 (43 Views)
0 Likes