Fender Bender
2961 posts

Re: PS HOME: Thoughts Right Now?

May 15, 2012

I would be disingenuous if I didn't clarify my last post. Our Home team is not responsible for these current problems. They are stuck in front taking the heat for others. The people who truly are to blame is the Home Platform Group. The actual people who have created the wonders most of the time. As well as creating the disasters we are now experiencing. As well as all the other disasters. We have been forced to live through in the past. Who has cause the current situation whether it's the Home Platform Group the hackers or both is yet to be seen.

What I don't abide in is the refusal of our Home group. To say anything ever. I have been here since the very beginning of this thing called Home. From day one these people never say anything no matter what. If I need to know anything of that's going on here. I have to go to other regions to find out. This is just wrong. NA Home is the flagship and the money maker. But their silence all the time is deafening.

I have seen thousands of people leave here and never return because of this. They were the good one's too. Professionals who gave up because of the lack of professionalism here. I had a talk with Locust_Star a couple of years ago. He wanted to know why people hated him. I told him the problems here are not the reason. We all expect these problems. It is the lack of communication that has grown that sentiment then and it continues now. Without transparency you have nothing. So it was my opinion. That I said instead of promotions sacking's are in order here.

What has been going on for the last month. Has now gone so far it is beyond words. A blood letting is the only answer now. Whether it's this Home group or the Home platform group it doesn't matter now. It's the only way to bring confidence back to this broken system...

Jersquall wrote:

Hi, Strider.

You are one of our most passionate posters here and although your post I do not always agree with I honestly respect your speaking your mind. Strait up and no hold bar.

If this were the NFL I would agree with you and rebuild but it's not. The things we like about home, the Home team has brought that to us.

Easy to look at launch day until now and see the improvements across the board.  Bumps and bruises have always been apart of this app. If this server issue was a hack we would not be on home at all. Home would be offline. I doubt hackers want a piece of home beyond items as there are bigger fish to fry but what do I know?

Much like everything else in the past this will pass. But this is Home and will always have bugs same as any other online server based forum.

AlphaZone4.com | Home Item Database
Map
Map

Schlachlen-Haus fünf ................................

Message 51 of 65 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

May 15, 2012

Quotingothers.jpg

HomeStationMagazine
Message 52 of 65 (8 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1115 posts

May 15, 2012

Interesting post, Strider. I am cutting and pasting the points I would like to discuss, please:

The people who truly are to blame is the Home Platform Group. The actual people who have created the wonders most of the time. As well as creating the disasters we are now experiencing. As well as all the other disasters. We have been forced to live through in the past. Who has cause the current situation whether it's the Home Platform Group the hackers or both is yet to be seen.

Agreed, but regardless, live through it is all we can do, be it another week, or a month, or however long it takes. The Home Platform Group are the ones who created, maintain, and repair Home.

What I don't abide in is the refusal of our Home group. To say anything ever. I have been here since the very beginning of this thing called Home. From day one these people never say anything no matter what. If I need to know anything of that's going on here. I have to go to other regions to find out. This is just wrong. NA Home is the flagship and the money maker. But their silence all the time is deafening.

I do not fully understand what your complaint here is. "From day one, these people never say anything, no matter what."

So this is nothing new, this is how our Home group operates. For ALL the numerous posts, insults, rants, and complaints, our Home group still behaves exactly the same way they have since day one...

Going to other regions has not always provided anything of substance. With the exception of Major Maintenance downtime notifications, no real information has made our Home experience any more enriched or informed by other regions.

By your own words, the Home group is not the Home Platform group. They are more of a promotional and informational arm of Home, and I'm sure they do not arbitrarily decide to not say anything, as much as when there is something worth saying, they will.

Without transparency you have nothing. So it was my opinion. That I said instead of promotions sacking's are in order here.

I do not understand why so many users feel entitled to know the inner workings of what is going on inside of Home. Corporate Share Holders? Yes, and I'm quite sure THEY are informed on a very regular basis as to what is happening. But general users? I don't think so. Nor do I think we need to be. It will be fixed when it's fixed, and not before. To have to regularly post platitudes reassuring people it's being worked on is superfluous, as are the apologies some users feel we are justified in demanding.

Thousands of users may have left, but thousands more have stayed, and thousands more have joined. While the loss of many is mourned by friends and by Sony, attrition is a part of any business, as well as Life itself. We come, we go...

Has now gone so far it is beyond words. A blood letting is the only answer now. Whether it's this Home group or the Home platform group it doesn't matter now. It's the only way to bring confidence back to this broken system...

Were that is "beyond words," then all this incessant complaining would finally die down...

A "blood letting?" Really? And how would this restore confidence? Who should be the first one publicly executed in the center of the Hub? And how do you determine whose blood to spill to satisfy your demand? What? Shoot a data tech a day until the problem is fixed?

What about the last technician who finds and fixes the faulty code? Should they be given a 2-week vacation to Fiji and a statue erected in their honor in front of every spawn point on Home?

While I well understand the frustration with the current on going problems on Home (I say a few bad words everytime I get frozen or kicked with a server error code, too),  I simply cannot comprehend this self-rightous demand for update communications from the Home group, when they are NOT the ones working on the problem, and when there is NOTHING more to really be said beyond "We're working on it."

It's like having a plumber trying to fix a leaking pipe in the street outside your house, and complaining because the dispatcher in the office isn't calling you every five minutes with an update on what they're doing, and how much longer it's going to take...

It'll be fixed when it's fixed.

My POV: Enjoy YOUR Home experience, without forcing it on those around you.
RESPECT is FREE. You will get what you give.
Message 53 of 65 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2961 posts

May 15, 2012

ImM0Zb0 wrote:

I do not fully understand what your complaint here is. "From day one, these people never say anything, no matter what."

So that makes it ok then Really?

A "blood letting?" Really? And how would this restore confidence? Who should be the first one publicly executed in the center of the Hub? And how do you determine whose blood to spill to satisfy your demand? What? Shoot a data tech a day until the problem is fixed?

That is what happens in the real world. It's called accountability. You lose a ton of money for any company you are fired. That is how the system works. But not here according to you..

Have you ever heard this wall street term? I ripped there face off? Do you know what that means? It means they ripped off a stupid client who didn't know better. That is what there doing here...

Map
Map

Message 54 of 65 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

May 15, 2012

I like your math Stider i calculated the same conclusion..

strider367 wrote:

ImM0Zb0 wrote:

So that makes it ok then Really?

That is what happens in the real world. It's called accountability. You lose a ton of money for any company you are fired. That is how the system works. But not here according to you..

Have you ever heard this wall street term? I rip there face off? Do you know what that means? It means they rip off a stupid client who didn't know better. That is what there doing here...

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 55 of 65 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
571 posts

May 15, 2012

this is complete BS, id like to smash my ps3 to bits, i havent been able2 get in home once today,  i took a vacation day tommorow for midway3, but it looks like i wasted it, 5th week of errors, amazing, i personally think were being hacked again,  since this started on the1 year anniversy of lastyears outage, sony dont want to let us no that the hackers r more knowleged n better than the monster giant sony.  wth pull home down n fix it,  n let us know whats going on, dont we atleast deserve2 no that.? 

Message 56 of 65 (8 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34138 posts

May 16, 2012

Iady-cha0s- wrote:

GuRuAsaki2098 wrote:

Plz Rate my Thread, & give a Scale of 1 - 10, or what you think of HOME as of right now? =D

Thank You! In Advance... xD!

Home is about a 4/10 for me at the moment.

It's still fun to hang out with friends and goof around sometimes, but for me, Home has currently lost its "interesting factor".

Which leads me to think back to the good ol' days-- Back when we had things like Xi, the Presentation Podium, and also the Events Landing with special promotions for upcoming games-- Featuring code giveaways, mini-games and unique rewards.

Places like these are what kept me interested in Home. I really hope we'll see spaces like this again in the future.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3408/3577148805_187db1b236.jpg

http://alphazone4.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/vlcsnap-8906.png 

http://alphazone4.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/vlcsnap-5348.png

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww291/Soseproject/PlayStationHomePicture7-17-20105-04.jpg

http://alphazone4.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001//FP_6.jpg

http://alphazone4.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001//fat_princess_01.jpg 

E3 2009 - 2010, Fat Princess, PSP 3000, PlayStation Move, Gamescom 2009 - 2011. those were all awesome events.

the spaces were cool, and it was even more cool to see them change with each event.

Message 57 of 65 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2961 posts

May 16, 2012

Ouch that's a little extreme. But I do respect your opinion lol...

Map
Map

Message 58 of 65 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
731 posts

May 16, 2012

I'd give it a 5 for now.  I go on every now and then but lately I've been just playing cd based games but expect that to change tomorrow hopefully because of the debut of Midway 3...

BannerFans.com
Message 59 of 65 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

May 16, 2012

My 2 cents. I love home, always have and always will. I think the only thing that is hurting home atm, is the problems that it faces. Tech wise that is. I love the community, I like being able to chat with my friends, and playing games on home along with them.

I must add their are those that do their best to make home better for all of us, and much props to them.

I don't hate home, never did, I just wish they can get it fixed so all of us can enjoy what home has to offer. I do know it's beta and their is always going to be bugs. It happens, that's a part of this.

I am a person that enjoys my PS3 when I am off work and don't wanna deal with real life from time to time, the PS3 and Home has done just that.

Home has revolutionized VRML chat or 3D chat. I was a MOD back in the days of old VRML chat, when I found out this came to PS3, I was OMG, WOW. It amazed me, with 3D and HD I knew home was going to be something worth investing time and money in.

Home still till this day is awesome to me, most probably think otherwise, but not me. I still like to think that home is a great program.

A msg to the developers and people that work on it and promote it. Don't let home die, I love this program as well as a lot of others. To me, it is a 2nd home, a 2nd life, you guys are the real brains behind it all, you made it possible to bring us this, now continue to do the great things you did and make it better, I know it's beta and with that it comes a lot of bugs. You guys again done a woderful job bringing us home. I ask of one thing to GW and LC, make it better, all I ask in return, and I shall continue my support and my investment, and my time. You guys made it possible for all of us to be on here, and with that we stand with you and trying and be understanding. Your hard hours of work, and I am sure loss of sleep has made it possible.

Now some may disagree with this post, but I feel that strongly about home, and I am saying how I feel.

Msg to the community/people. As hard as it may seem and wanting to give up, don't, Home is a great program and aside of a few bugs and glitches, their are those ppl that work on it everyday that do care, but can only do so much.

Home is entertainment to me, much like games, and movies. I have spent more time on Home then anything else, lol sorry, me no life, jk jk,

Don't let home die, make it better, make it stronger, I know it'll make it,

Thanks team for bringing us this wonderful experience to us, all we ask is, make it better,

Message 60 of 65 (8 Views)
0 Likes