I Only Post Everything
1115 posts

Re: PS HOME: Thoughts Right Now?

May 15, 2012

jimmynet wrote:

I would agree with SteveO I'd be more understanding of the connection issues if there was actual Leadership driving resolution but it seems as if they abandoned ship and left us all to sink or swim our own.

Don't they think by continuing to add more stuff they maybe adding to the problem and/or making it worst..

Does anyone know who's really in charge of home anymore?? Guess it really don't matter..

"Leadership driving resolution" is pure hogwash. The problems with home are being handled by the Data Processing department, which may consist of several smaller departments.  They are the internal "guts" who code, test, and implement this application we call Home.

Leadership is kept informed of progress regarding problems, as well as implementation and changes for new content on a very regular basis.

But that in NO WAY entitles us, the end users to be kept likewise informed.

"Sink or swim" is likewise an uninformed and ego-centric concept. While users are the end product of who this application we call Home is designed for, the focus of Sony is the application itself, and the efforts to get it running smoothly and consistently, while continuing to add more and more new content from an ever growing variety of 3rd Party Developers. THEY are the important consideration, because THEY are paying Sony to include their content on Home. You the user are not paying anything to be on Home, although some pay to purchase virtual goods to utilize on Home.

You would not understand an indepth explanation from the Techs discussing the various database fields and columns and calls and subroutines, and cross references between sub-categories and application handshaking, as the techs attempt to chase down the exceedingly small line or lines of code that are causing the conflicts that are leading to program ruptures and errors. That is why "Leadership" has simply said, "We are aware of the problem, and we are working on it."

That is the most concise and best answer that can be given to you. Just accept it and move on.

Suffer along with the rest of us as Sony continues to try to fix the problems, or go back to using your PS3 as the gaming console you purchased it for. Continuing to complain and demand explanations you are not entitled to will accomplish absolutely nothing. You are not helping the technicians pinpoint the problem, and "Leadership" is not going to provide an in-depth breakdown of what actions are being taken to rectify the situation.

"They're working on it." That's all they need to say, and that's all you need to know. Even though you may feel entitled to more.

My POV: Enjoy YOUR Home experience, without forcing it on those around you.
RESPECT is FREE. You will get what you give.
Message 21 of 65 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

May 15, 2012

I disagree.

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 22 of 65 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

May 15, 2012

Because some things are revealed in confidence and one can't in good faith say what is happening. That's not to say that the managment team shouldn't be more forthcoming with what is going on and when a fix might be expected.

This has been going on for much too long at this point and most would simply like some type of official response.

Now on the other hand some of the personal attacks that are taking place here at the moment are certainly uncalled for. Hopefully moderation will be here soon to remove those offending posts.

Message 23 of 65 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

May 15, 2012

Community: "a community is a group or society, helping each other.".

Leadership: “a process of social influence in which one person can enlist the aid and support of others in the accomplishment of a common task".

edit: insult removed

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 24 of 65 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2706 posts

May 15, 2012

I agree with your post except for the first sentence.

Things revealed in confidence shouldn't even be hinted at. Anyone can say they know something confidentially. I did at least once but it was in humour and I think and hope people saw it that way. I'll be more careful in the future  considering the current state of affairs.

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Because some things are revealed in confidence and one can't in good faith say what is happening. That's not to say that the managment team shouldn't be more forthcoming with what is going on and when a fix might be expected.

This has been going on for much too long at this point and most would simply like some type of official response.

Now on the hand some of the personal attacks that are taking place here at the moment are certainly uncalled for. Hopefully moderation will be here soon to remove those offending posts.

In memory of Jody Westover and all those who fight or have fought cancer

Message 25 of 65 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

May 15, 2012

NDA's can be a tough thing at times although not all things you learn about have a formal NDA attached to them. I hope you didn't think the personal attack comment was directely at you because it certainly wasn't.

Message 26 of 65 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2706 posts

May 15, 2012

No, no, no, not at all did I think any personal attack was diecrected at me. And vice versa my response to your post was not personal.

People can disagree without it being personal. OK? OK!

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

NDA's can be a tough thing at times although not all things you learn about have a formal NDA attached to them. I hope you didn't think the personal attack comment was directely at you because it certainly wasn't.

In memory of Jody Westover and all those who fight or have fought cancer

Message 27 of 65 (4 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28894 posts

May 15, 2012

1) Just posted: Re: I keep getting F13 Error's

"Hey guys. I just wanted to come in and let you know that we indeed have been working on this issue and it has been a top priority for us to fix. If you find any patterns or new information on the error, please post it for us. In the mean time we will continue to dig into the issue and do our best to fix it. Thanks for your patience."

2) Freedom of speech does not apply to private forums and establishments. Otherwise we couldn't get rid of someone in our house who is bad mouthing our pets if they claim their First Amendment rights protect them (and it's upheld by The Law).

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 28 of 65 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

May 15, 2012

You know full well that some of us here know a bit more about what's going on, and that we can't talk about it.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 29 of 65 (4 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

May 15, 2012

Nanshe wrote:

If you been on Home long enough you would know that these errors are nothing new... I suggest you start and get used to it.

I gave this thread 1 star

thats like saying "get used to your car engine dying on you".

if your car engine dies you dont just grit your teeth on go on with it, you take it in and get it fixed.

the Home people need to fix these issues, we shouldnt have to need to get used to them.

Message 30 of 65 (4 Views)
0 Likes