Gaming Beast
1300 posts

Re: PRIDE clothing

Aug 27, 2012

"Keep it off of Playstation Home, keep your personal business out of ANY gaming community, it concerns no one but yourself."

Couldn't agree more.

Message 21 of 73 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
41 posts

Aug 27, 2012

The hostility was unnecessary, Endless_Pancakes made a polite request. While it isn't easy to find there is a proper suggestion thread. Conrad Max has linked to it. As has been mentioned, there are current items for sale that should fill the requirements asked for. There is also a rainbow furniture collection.

Message 22 of 73 (255 Views)
I Only Post Everything
909 posts

Aug 27, 2012

generation69 wrote:

The hostility was unnecessary, Endless_Pancakes made a polite request. While it isn't easy to find there is a proper suggestion thread. Conrad Max has linked to it. As has been mentioned, there are current items for sale that should fill the requirements asked for. There is also a rainbow furniture collection.

Again, where was the hostility?  Not one person in this topic said anything threatening to Pancakes.  Nothing even remotely hostile.

---signature---
Thanks to nDreams and the new Xi, my PS3 froze during Xi's download process and put me in a perpetual loop of file restorations every time I start up my PS3. I can no longer play Playstation Home or any of my PS3 games. 600+ dollars spent on Home content, down the ****ing drain. I'm done with Playstation Home, I'm done with Sony, and I'm done with this site, as my current PS3 situation no longer warrants my being here. Bye everyone.
Message 23 of 73 (247 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2012

Maxx_the_Slash wrote:

I'll tell you what, you can have some LGBT-pride clothes once us straight people get straight-pride clothes.

I don't know why your people have to be in-our-face about your orientation.  Knowing someone is gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgendered doesn't get me through my day.  I don't care.  I DON'T CAAAAAAAARE.  I don't want to know, I didn't ASK to know, and you don't need to tell me.

Here's a list of **** I don't want to know from people:

1.  Their sexual orientation.

2.  If they're a man that wants to be a woman or a woman that wants to be a man.

3.  Their race.

4.  Their religious beliefs or lack thereof.

5.  If they're vegetarians or vegans.

Keep it off of Playstation Home, keep your personal business out of ANY gaming community, it concerns no one but yourself.

that is IMMENSELY closed minded.

youre essentially telling people that they shouldnt be themselves. gay or straight, black or white, male or female, these are what defines a person and if they want to show pride in it(as long as its nice) then they should be allowed to. sounds like if it was up to you you would create a "dont ask, dont tell" policy in Home. you know, the same policy that was in the military for years but had recently been found to be UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

and if you really dont care then why does it bother you so much? if you really dont care, then let them have their shirts or whatever and move on.

the only things that dont belong in Home is religion and politics, just because those subjects sadly always end up in fights.

and i just had to mention this, but keep race out of Home? so i guess they should remove all the skin color options and just make everyone gray?

Message 24 of 73 (245 Views)
Wastelander
539 posts

Aug 27, 2012

EP is a friend of mine ,this is the nicest iv ever seen her . she wants those items as bad as i want the villain lair stuff Smiley LOL

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 25 of 73 (237 Views)
I Only Post Everything
909 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2012

the_original_se wrote:
that is IMMENSELY closed minded.

youre essentially telling people that they shouldnt be themselves. gay or straight, black or white, male or female, these are what defines a person and if they want to show pride in it(as long as its nice) then they should be allowed to. sounds like if it was up to you you would create a "dont ask, dont tell" policy in Home. you know, the same policy that was in the military for years but had recently been found to be UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

and if you really dont care then why does it bother you so much? if you really dont care, then let them have their shirts or whatever and move on.

and i just had to mention this, but keep race out of Home? so i guess they should remove all the skin color options and just make everyone gray?

1.  You can be proud of who you are without rubbing it in everyone else's faces.  Gay-specific clothing is obnoxiously rubbing the lifestyle into everyone else's faces.  If he wants gay pride clothes, I want straight pride clothes, and I get to wave my straightness like a banner for all to see if he thinks he should be able to wave his gay pride banner for straight people to see.

2.  I never said I didn't care.  I care immensely, otherwise I wouldn't have any stance on the matter and I wouldn't have posted what I posted.  In fact, those who haven't taken a side on the matter, those are the people who don't care.

3.  It's a double standard.  We have neutral clothing on Home.  So he should get gay pride clothes on Home and straight people should get jack ****?  Bull.  My original point, which you quoted me saying, was:  "you can have some LGBT-pride clothes once us straight people get straight-pride clothes".  FAIR IS FAIR.  I'm not saying he CAN'T have gay pride clothes.  I'm saying if he gets to have gay pride clothes, us straight people should also get straight pride clothes to keep things fair, and if straight people can get what they want, then gay people shouldn't get what they want.  No group is special enough to get their own clothes.  Either each group is satisfied, or no one is satisfied.  The clothes we have on Home are fine as they are, so I personally believe NO ONE should get what they want.

4.  You seem to forget that Playstation Home uses things called avatars.  Avatars are graphics that represent the player, but are completely customizable.  People can change them to look like [almost] anything they want.  They don't have to make their avatars look like themselves in real-life.

Thus, a white person in real life can have a black person in Playstation Home, and black people can make themselves look white in vice-versa.  There are guys that have girl avatars (G.I.R.L. = Guy In Real Life) because they want to mess around with people, and many girls use guy avatars to prevent real guys from hitting on them.  No one is necessarily what they look like on Home.  You know, if we had more freedom with character creation, I'd give myself green skin and pointy ears so I can make myself look like Piccolo from Dragon Ball Z.  Then I wouldn't look like a white guy like I am in real life.  No one would know what race I am, unless I tell people I'm a white guy.  And I have no reason to tell anyone my race anyway.  It doesn't concern them.

The point is, unless it's stated by the person controlling the avatar, there is no race in Playstation Home.  Actually, let me correct myself, THE ONLY race in Home is "Avatar".  No black, no whites, no Asians, no Hispanics, no Hindus or Muslims or any other race.  Only once someone says they're a certain race, creed, gender or sexual orientation in front of someone who is intolerant, that's when problems arise.  That needs to be prevented.

---signature---
Thanks to nDreams and the new Xi, my PS3 froze during Xi's download process and put me in a perpetual loop of file restorations every time I start up my PS3. I can no longer play Playstation Home or any of my PS3 games. 600+ dollars spent on Home content, down the ****ing drain. I'm done with Playstation Home, I'm done with Sony, and I'm done with this site, as my current PS3 situation no longer warrants my being here. Bye everyone.
Message 26 of 73 (221 Views)
Survivor
1691 posts

Aug 27, 2012

Whether for or against this idea, the strong emotional responses from both sides of the aisle prove exactly why content such as this should stay out of Home.

Message 27 of 73 (219 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2012

Ugh...sometimes if you don't have anything nice to say then just don't say anything at all. People really have no right to say what does or doesn't belong in Home, only moderation and staff can make that determination. I have better things to worry about than whether or not someone wears rainbow colored apparel or requests it here in the forums.

Given its nature, and whether or not people agree with it, Home is a reflection of real life. You can choose to agree or not...sometimes if it's no concern of yours, you can just leave well enough alone. I'm against lame looking gangsta-wannabe apparel, but hey I realize if it's gonna sell, they're gonna sell it. To each their own. 

Message 28 of 73 (185 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1207 posts

Aug 27, 2012
Just currious Maxx... what would you consider to be "straight pride" clothing?
Message 29 of 73 (167 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Aug 27, 2012

halo_nothing wrote:
Just currious Maxx... what would you consider to be "straight pride" clothing?

Larry the cable Guy t-shirts.

Message 30 of 73 (246 Views)
0 Likes