VP of Gaming
28871 posts

Re: [POLL Feedback Thread] nDreams Locomotion Items

Sep 27, 2012

Very satisfied.

I purchased the Super Dash. Now I'll never miss a bus or a Poker game again.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 21 of 42 (253 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Sep 27, 2012

is it just me? but I just bought all the locomotion items and I cant find them anywhere. I assumed they'd be in my clothing but no... whst am I doing wrong?

Message 22 of 42 (236 Views)
0 Likes
nDreams Developer
514 posts

Sep 27, 2012
Rh309 they ate in your inventory, where companions are usually stored.
nDreams Digital Product Manager

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ndreamers
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/joeydale13
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ndreamers
Message 23 of 42 (233 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Sep 27, 2012

thank you so much! yay!

Message 24 of 42 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2689 posts

Sep 27, 2012
They feel kinda buggy in spaces that are somewhat game heavy, ala Southern Island Hideaway; I could not get my Super Dash to work there at all. Another problem I have with these is that they don't stay selected after you finish a game or leave a space, the way companions do. They really are a neat concept, though, and if the "don't reactivate after relocate/finish game" issue got fixed up, they'd be AWESOME. As they stand now, they're just okay.

A very (very) basic LBP level... by me. http://lbp.me/v/pj9eqq
(PS: Blank Friend Requests WILL be deleted!)
Message 25 of 42 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1820 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Am I the only one who doesn't really feel like i'm getting my money worth for the Price... 

You pay like $2.50 or something for 1... 

1.) It replaces your walking Emote... 

2.) You can't use Companions anymore, because you have this on... 

3.) Your either going extremely slow, or going really fast... Where as before it was normal speed, or somewhat faster speed... 

4.) There really isn't any improvement, I mean no real tricks or anything, that totally WOWs the audiance... 

I think this is something i'd like to wait on, in case something better comes a long... 

To me, the only ones worth getting is... Running or Skate Boarding... 

But again, for that Price, I just don't see it... 

Again, the first Batch is always I Candy, oO 

And i'm not saying their ugly at all...

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 26 of 42 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Sep 27, 2012

GuRuAsaki2098 wrote:

Am I the only one who doesn't really feel like i'm getting my money worth for the Price... 

You pay like $2.50 or something for 1... 

1.) It replaces your walking Emote... 

2.) You can't use Companions anymore, because you have this on... 

3.) Your either going extremely slow, or going really fast... Where as before it was normal speed, or somewhat faster speed... 

4.) There really isn't any improvement, I mean no real tricks or anything, that totally WOWs the audiance... 

I think this is something i'd like to wait on, in case something better comes a long... 

To me, the only ones worth getting is... Running or Skate Boarding... 

But again, for that Price, I just don't see it... 

Again, the first Batch is always I Candy, oO 

And i'm not saying their ugly at all...

Extremely slow? You never move any slower. The normal animation is just as fast as without it.

Message 27 of 42 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1820 posts

Sep 27, 2012

I was refering to the Normal Animation to the Holding Square Button Down Animation... 

But I don't own any of these, nor have I seen them, i've only seen what the Palace place had for Animations, figured the Speed of the Flying was simular, maybe not as high, but simular in Speed... 

I was guessing... The point is... For instance, flying... all you can do is float or fly... Where is your walking? It's now gone... 

To me, it would get annoying switching between Standard Walking, & Flying all the time... 

At least the Running Animation only improves your speed... & the Skate Board you can do at least something about tricks... 

But really... Move 50% Faster for $2.50, or whatever it is? I'd rather just be able to  at least Fly then to go 50% Faster... 

But I really don't want to compensate my walking to be able to Fly... 

Thats just me, though...

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 28 of 42 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1187 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Very satisfied. Bought 'em as soon as they came out. Home 1.7 has blown open the doors on a brand-new market segment for Home -- the ability to purchase new avatar gesticulations and movements -- and this should turn into a very large and lucrative revenue channel for multiple Home developers.

Locomotion and the wave of products which follow it from other developers may exert downward pressure on companion development and sales -- but without any sort of real interactivity (except for the Robotic Dog companion), I would argue that market segment has largely played itself out. This is an excellent way to reallocate the same memory for a much more versatile purpose.

How many years has this community clamored for new dance moves, movements, speed upgrades, and so forth? Well, it's finally here. And nDreams kicked it off brilliantly.

Here's what I'd like to see for Locomotion, part deux:

NorseGamer

Editor-in-Chief, HSM

www.hsmagazine.net

Message 29 of 42 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Sep 27, 2012

KarateChampChad wrote:

MLn_22 wrote:

Um... i bought the flying/floating one, they say to ''equip'' it, but where did it go to ??

i looked in wardrobe everywhere and cannot find it.

?????????

Also, i dont know if this is just me, but yesterday as i was trying to find it, i kept getting the M-16 error and disconnecting.

Inventory, where your companions and Camera, Bubble Machine are at. Check there.

Sure about that?  2 out of 3 ain't bad though.

The Locomotion mechanism appears to have been another driving force behind moving the camera feature into the emote menu.  Otherwise, we couldn't take pictures of ourselves flying and skateboarding with the Home camera.

castle3
Message 30 of 42 (156 Views)
0 Likes