I Only Post Everything
1266 posts

Re: [POLL Feedback Thread] Xi: Continuum

Dec 16, 2012

I've not voted yet, and I'm not voting yet, because at the moment I'm very dissatisfied. From going from excited about XI, to finding out it will cost, to hearing about a "fiver", to finding out the "fiver" is 7 bucks, to paying 8 bucks, to a broken game; it's been a downward sliding slope.  Currently I have an 8 dollar apartment, (since I can't even play the game) I'm losing days,and I can't continue (days aren't showing right, and I'm missing out on both the experience of playing with my peers, and not doing/unlocking anything) and for the inflated costs, that's just upsetting. Not to mention so far the lack of both backstory, and dept in the game. I've only been able to go two and a half (in game) days within the 5 days of owning it. The apartment is in the Ndreams format, and borrows off of the aurora island, and aurora champion apts. A series of small spaces, linked with bridges. A personal space formula I haven't cared too much for.  WIth time, and/or luck this will turn around but as it is now I'm very dissatisfied.

Perish_Song
Message 41 of 53 (283 Views)
Sackboy
414 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2012

Day 5 and this is now becoming less fun than Savage Manor. The fact they broke up a couple of minutes into about a month or so with this as far as I can tell is just bad. And back to Savage Manor that was 20 days of collecting a story while solving riddles only to be reset if you read Day 20. I'm starting to question whether or not that will happen here & all progress will be removed just so you could relive over a months work you would have to do again. The only bright side so far would be to play the free part which was the only good part so far.

I also finally bought the 80 pack thanks to the fact I finally made a different thread asking about it. But that has more to do with the fact I wanted to progress the story. And my best Intelligence Associate wasn't intelligent. The card battle thing is less boring than reading Holomail or going all the way to HQ just to read something that should have been in my apartment. But its still boring.

Still I agree with the positives that the apartment is kinda neat & the city is amazing. But game play wise this has gotten really boring.

Message 42 of 53 (276 Views)
MVP Support
13983 posts

Dec 16, 2012

I think the game is pretty nice. It was cool and funny seeing the introduction sequence once you start the game.

Playstation Telephone Hours: Weekdays, Saturday: 6AM - 10PM, PST (Sunday: 8AM - 8PM, PST)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669
Message 43 of 53 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
195 posts

Dec 16, 2012

I love the game. I like the detective part of it. It seems like the Matrix and L.A. Noir put together. If they do anything add better clothing and furniture and a another training type game. I like the combat with the cards but what about a dodge game where you have to duck or cover not to be seen in order to get to another building. I just love all the possibilities this game can become and my hope is Joey and the gang don't give up on it like other games in home.

Message 44 of 53 (246 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 17, 2012

I've not voted yet either. Was waiting for some "meat". I think I get it now. Day 5 and after reading my holomail it said I was done. I laughed out loud (which is very rare for me).

I always thought that I would be angry if I ever got "punk'd" but I found it truly humorous. It's like buying a game in a bright shiny new box, taking the clear wrapping off, then open it to find a manual, a cool poster and the slot for the disk is empty. Yet, the funny part is that's the way the maker intended it to be and that it's a gag gift. Smiley Very Happy

Good one guys. You got me. Smiley Wink

Edit: Maybe it was a long day? I still have a feeling that something interesting will break soon. I mean it has to, right?. I did find more frags and I have a little time off so maybe I can play outside the box (continuum) for a bit. We shall see. Plus, I'm starting to enjoy my hoverboard    Smiley Tongue

Message 45 of 53 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
414 posts

Dec 17, 2012

Day 6 was finally an interesting Day! Though it might bother some people who may not own a PC. Just take this as a sign that Sony should really update their web browser for anyone who may not be able to access the puzzle.

Still shocked that Day 6 was actually fun.

Message 46 of 53 (204 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Dec 17, 2012
I agree. The browser needs a flash update bad. My netbook crashed last week so I had to resort to using my tablet, which doesn't have a keypad. :-(

Message 47 of 53 (187 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

Dec 17, 2012
Day 6 has come and gone. I'm beginning to get excited. I can't wait for Xi: continuum to start. Smiley Tongue

Dev, your Combat Game space is always empty. Sure I could post a thread or ask a friend but shouldn't there be others (new friends) in the space? Maybe it should be a region free Gameroom so there are players in there at all times of day/night? Smiley Wink
Message 48 of 53 (174 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1006 posts

Dec 17, 2012

I accidently put satisifed for Xi, meant to do that for Home Tycoon, but I was expecting more for $8.00 that I payed for this game. Like others have said, there ins't a lot going on, I know it's still a bit early, but they're gonna have to make up for the lackluster content. As for the combat system that people were enjoying so much, it's a card game...I thought it was gonna be much better given what people were saying about it. 

"There are no atheists in the 85th minute" - Teju Cole
Message 49 of 53 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

Dec 17, 2012
Finally got in a game (2 actually) of multiplayer Battle/Combat. Won 1, lost 1. I played a guy I haven't seen on the forums in forever. It was a little more fun than sleeping. Smiley Wink

Later I went to the apartment and found a new area had developed (frozen pond?). I was delighted to see a whole new prospective from this area and decided to turn on my surround sound. Wow! It's kind of cool. I had no idea where the apt was located in relation to the Continuum.

This game is a creeper. I just need more patience? IDK? Smiley Frustrated
Message 50 of 53 (151 Views)
0 Likes