Highlighted
Dec 13 2012
By: GlassWalls PlayStation Community Manager (Retired) 2875 posts

[POLL Feedback Thread] Xi: Continuum

52 replies 540 views Edited Dec 13, 2012

Here's the official comment thread for Xi: Continuum poll. If you're familiar with the content and voted in the official poll, we welcome your additional feedback.

*First, please go vote in the official Poll in Home General at the top right if you are familiar with the content, then leave your comments here. 

Thanks! :smileyhappy:

Message 1 of 53 (540 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: [POLL Feedback Thread] Xi: Continuum

Dec 13, 2012

The Game looks really nice. Would be nice to have a separate sub forum for Xi again! Perhaps bring back the old one?

Message 2 of 53 (531 Views)
Sackboy
414 posts

Dec 13, 2012

Are Associates Temporary like Tokens or Permanent?

If they're Temporary I'll be going with "Very Dissatisfied".

If they're Permanent then I'm going with "Dissatisfied".

If I didn't have to spend any money to enter I would've gone with "Neutral". But currently the reason why I'm no where near Satisfied has to do with the stress I ended up with while looking for Foot Prints. It turned into a chore that was constantly being erased by an enemy I couldn't kill. Just to be lead back to my apartment where I received the in game Death Threat.

Now I'm waiting for Day 2, but feel like I'm not going to get that because I'm uncertain about whether or not I need to play that game that involves the Associates & The Buffs I refuse to pay for since I don't buy Token Bundles.

Message 3 of 53 (517 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3880 posts

Dec 13, 2012
;^) Satisfied with it as of this moment. Just finished the Day 1 mission and unlocked one part of the apartment. I have to work tonight, so I'll have to explore it more deeply later, but it's looking pretty enjoyable so far....
Message 4 of 53 (503 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Dec 13, 2012
Very satisfied so far.
Should prob do a separate poll when Continuum ends.

Message 5 of 53 (492 Views)
Fender Bender
4236 posts

Dec 13, 2012
@jacked, i only bought the game, and was given 10 associates with it, didnt buy any tokens, altho i did buy the transporter to get around faster, but didnt buy tokens, also i had 5 buffs i believe,
Message 6 of 53 (473 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4236 posts

Dec 13, 2012
And yes, the footprint mission had me lost at first, but i finally completed it, also played 1 game of the battle card game, unlocked another area to my space, cant wait to try day 2, even tho there really isnt a mission except reading some message
Message 7 of 53 (470 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Dec 13, 2012
The fact that Day 2 was just "Read your mail, Read the info at HQ, Look at a website," all of which can be done within 3 minutes, made me very sad. I would rather the game be shortened down to 20-30 days of fairly consistent objectives than have entire days out of the 47 in which we don't do anything. Oh well. If they pull this same thing tomorrow, I'll be convinced this was not worth the money.
Before any of you say I'm being unfair to nDreams, please understand that I'm only this disappointed because Day 1 was implemented so well and got me so invested in the game. However, a good introduction that leads into nothing just feels deceitful.
Sackboy
414 posts

Dec 13, 2012

mrdiamond666 wrote:
@jacked, i only bought the game, and was given 10 associates with it, didn't buy any tokens, although i did buy the transporter to get around faster, but didn't buy tokens, also i had 5 buffs i believe,
And yes, the footprint mission had me lost at first, but i finally completed it, also played 1 game of the battle card game, unlocked another area to my space, cant wait to try day 2, even tho there really isn't a mission except reading some message

Yeah the 10 Associates & 5 Buffs came with the Xi Apartment Bundle. I also got 2 Special Associates but don't remember if they came with the apartment bundle or not.

I'm just being cautious at the moment since I don't know what happens if an Associate Fails. Do you lose that Associate or is it returned to you?

I'm willing to buy more items to improve Xi, but not at the cost of losing said items.

Message 9 of 53 (452 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Dec 13, 2012
@Jacked

You most likely got those two special Associates from getting the "Walk 10km in the Continuum" achievement (that's how I got mine). As for what happens when they fail, I'm pretty sure you get to the keep them. I'm basing this on the descriptions given in the bundle sets available to buy. It says that if you buy all the sets, you are guaranteed to acquire all 80 unlockable associates, even though if you buy the sets separately, the associates acquired are random. This means that there is a set number of associates you can get, so it shouldn't be possible for them to permanently die. If they do, how do you complete the game? Anyway, I could be wrong but it doesn't seem likely that they can die.