Fender Bender
2742 posts

Re: [POLL Feedback Thread] Winter Holiday Event

[ Edited ]
Dec 27, 2012

I didn't participate in contests but it was an enjoyable visit. I skated on the ice, fell down and bumped my noggin which made me mad and I took it out on the snowman checking them at every opportunity. 

It was fun.

SATISFIED.

In memory of Jody Westover and all those who fight or have fought cancer

Message 11 of 54 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

Dec 27, 2012
I'm very unhappy ...give is our 40 plus items and free lmo....like eu and Hong Kong got...
Message 12 of 54 (382 Views)
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
938 posts

Dec 27, 2012

I didn't mind the masquerade theme, just wished there was more to it or more thought to it. Some of the games didn't have any purpose, ie the eating game. There should have been, perhaps, additional rewards that were more christmas/winter/holday themed.

Photobucket

Message 13 of 54 (361 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 27, 2012

I would vote "Disgusted and Appalled", but that isn't a choice so "Very Dissatisfied" will have to do. I'll keep this short and simple. 

Pros 

• The space itself - It might be a reskin but how it was done this year was pretty nice, with a variety of minigames to play
  • 3rd parties - The 3rd party devs really stepped it up this year to make up for SCEA's absence during this entire holiday season. It should be our Home dev team AND 3rd parties both showing support during the holidays, not an unbalanced scale like it was. 

Cons

• Rewards - Do I need to even explain? Masks, and that's it? Multiple regions received several other free holiday themed items, I could care less if we received those same items but where the heck is our support like that? Its as if you've completely given up on us. Its an absolute shame and makes you look awful. You people should realize a majority of users partake in events for the rewards, they should be getting better, not worse. 
  • Effort - Absolutely zero effort, you might as well leave the third parties to run NA Home from now on. The lack of events this year as a whole goes to show how much care is really put into our Home these days. Its pathetic. I shouldn't have to go to another region just to enjoy a Christmas event, even if they aren't the same rewards you should provide a unique experience for us to partake in, with a variety of rewards.

I honestly could go on but I think I hit the main points regarding this event in particular. That's all I have to say for now. 

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 14 of 54 (355 Views)
Fender Bender
1728 posts

Dec 27, 2012

The things I liked - The space itself.  I was wanting a winter space and you did good with this one even if it was a bit of a copy of last years.  I have been on my Sled LMO dressed as Santa sliding around the place.  

The things I did not like - The games & the rewards:  After being on home for all of the past winter events I must say I am completely unsatisfied with the games as well as the rewards.  In what bizarro world do these pass for X-mas time games and rewards.  I would have been happier with last years or the year before winter spaces.  I found the games boring and tedious.  It is not exciting to press a button and bam, it's over.  The masks were unoriginal and uninspired.  I don't care that I have 7 x-mas tree's.  I would have liked something more themed towards winter.   Compared to the other regions these games and rewards were an utter embarrassment.  EU gets 2 amazing LMO's and we get masks?  Who's decision was this?  Did they really believe that we would be happy with this?  I think you should be ashamed for these games and rewards.   After 4 years of Home this is the best that someone could come up with?  Lucy you have some splaining to do!

jason 1 8 0 2 1 2 8 signature
Message 15 of 54 (325 Views)
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

Dec 27, 2012

KarateChampChad wrote:

I would vote "Disgusted and Appalled", but that isn't a choice so "Very Dissatisfied" will have to do. I'll keep this short and simple. 

Pros 

• The space itself - It might be a reskin but how it was done this year was pretty nice, with a variety of minigames to play
  • 3rd parties - The 3rd party devs really stepped it up this year to make up for SCEA's absence during this entire holiday season. It should be our Home dev team AND 3rd parties both showing support during the holidays, not an unbalanced scale like it was. 

Cons

• Rewards - Do I need to even explain? Masks, and that's it? Multiple regions received several other free holiday themed items, I could care less if we received those same items but where the heck is our support like that? Its as if you've completely given up on us. Its an absolute shame and makes you look awful. You people should realize a majority of users partake in events for the rewards, they should be getting better, not worse. 
  • Effort - Absolutely zero effort, you might as well leave the third parties to run NA Home from now on. The lack of events this year as a whole goes to show how much care is really put into our Home these days. Its pathetic. I shouldn't have to go to another region just to enjoy a Christmas event, even if they aren't the same rewards you should provide a unique experience for us to partake in, with a variety of rewards.

I honestly could go on but I think I hit the main points regarding this event in particular. That's all I have to say for now. 

Ditto, but add in another Con that the space was as festive as a hospital by comparison to previous years. The laziness is staggering. <.< Yes he said Effort was poor, but c'mon, if we're gonna copy and paste spaces, we could've done a few clicks of C&P for some lights.

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 16 of 54 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3699 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 27, 2012

Voted: Satisfied - Christmas could have been bigger.

Of all the days in PlayStation Home, Christmas has to be one of the most anticipated events for me. This year's Winter Holiday Event space was very nice itself but the rewards were lacking. Also, we've yet had a winter/holiday estate for sale. Excluding the Winter Vacation Villa, I'd love to see an actual Santa workshop or North Pole personal space. Something snowy!

Duel Game

With simple controls and the thrill of shooting other players where it counts, this game was pretty fun. Although rather easy, the simplisticity was nice. I enjoyed it.

Ice Skating

Without a doubt, this has to be my favorite game in the entire space! After playing just once, I was eager to buy this game because I know it will go away when the space retires (I know it's not for sale, I wish though!) The added moves is what made this game for me - being able to jump around and spin into some snowmen is what I call good times. My signature move: Hold Circle and tab Square repeatedly (srsly, try it). Fun game!

Kissing Game

Haven't played. For *some reason* I don't want to make out with strangers on Home. Call me *strange* but I find it ...weird, lol. To those who enjoy kissing others throughout the holiday sunsets, more power to ya! Just, be sure to eat some mints first. Eww!

Food Game

Can't really consider this a "game" but I do dig it. Being able to literally stuff my face, or use a fork and spoon to eat is pretty neat. Perhaps an active "dinner table" personal space item which allows us to sit and eat wouldn't be too much to ask? Better yet, combine this with the Granzella Tea game and let the host cook up some meals for their guest to enjoy. Glass - Maybe you could make us Fried Twinkies? Rofl.

Sleigh Game

Simple, and neat. This works as a nice intro game for the space. Perhaps Santa could have flown us into the space and told us about each game. Gives us a chance to ask him for something else beside a mask too!

Dancing Game

Haven't played. Couldn't find players. Seems like it could be fun though.

Parade Game

Haven't played. Coudn't find players. Has anybody played this? Lolz.

Besides the Winter Holiday Event space and the few holiday rewards, this didn't feel very christmassy. Santa gave me some masks items and my friend gave me some coal from his Juggernaut Stocking... were we really that bad this year? I'm sorry! Rofl. ^__^

Message 17 of 54 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Dec 27, 2012

The space itself is very nice, and I like the events in them as well, eating at the long table is a nice touch, and I particularly like the skating and sleigh ride (please, i would love to see more rides, all we have so far is the Ferris Wheel). The space is very big, and has a very good winter feel to it, but... it just doesnt feel like Christmas there.

My favorite was Christmas 2010 with the WinterWonderland space, which had elves, Santa Clause, Christmas Trees with lights and music. It felt like Christmas then, but that really felt lacking this year (and to be honest, last year as well although lastyears rewards were more Christmassy themed).

All the masks for rewards didnt feel very well thought out, there could have been a bit of veriety there, and more importantly, make it feel like Christmas.

I voted 'dissatisfied', althought a nice winter space, it should have been a Christmas space, and i dont feel it was. Especialy when compared to the WinterWonderland space of 2010 (which I did or would have voted Very Satisfied for).

Message 18 of 54 (305 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
16264 posts

Dec 27, 2012
the space could have had some music at the old dance floor deck.

Message 19 of 54 (292 Views)
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

Dec 27, 2012

this x-mas was awful.

wth do masks hav to do w/ x-mas? who is in charge of this stuff?

if it's the sam people behind tikiween...they don't know what they're doin & need to b replaced...ASAP. Smiley Mad

Opinions here do not express those of SONY &/or its' affiliates
Message 20 of 54 (283 Views)