Oct 18 2012
By: GlassWalls PlayStation Community Manager (Retired) 2875 posts

[POLL Feedback Thread] Uproar

[ Edited ]
23 replies 10063 views Edited Oct 18, 2012

Here's the official comment thread for Uproar. If you're familiar with the content and voted in the official poll, we welcome your additional feedback.

*First, please go vote in the official Poll in Home General at the top right if you are familiar with the content, then leave your comments here. 

Thanks! :smileyhappy:

Message 1 of 24 (10,063 Views)
VP of Gaming
28373 posts

Re: [POLL Feedback Thread] Uproar

[ Edited ]
Oct 18, 2012

I voted "Very satisfied". 

The game was fast and exciting. It was easy to upgrade and heal within the game. The only issue I have is that the voice chat is not limited to the team that we are playing on. So if we wish to meet or stregize, the opposing team will know about it.

Some people compaint it to Bootleggers '29, and that's fine. Bootleggers gives me a nostalgic feeling as I am into things of the past. But this gives players a more current or future atmosphere to play in. And unlike Bootleggers '29, we can level up and have a sense of accomplishments. Sure Bootleggers has a leaderboard, but it's usually the same people. But with Uproar, if we cannot reach the top scores, we can at least see our own advancement.

Bootleggers '29 is a good game. But so is Uproar. And though one or both may not be for everyone (And truthfully, what is?) Uproar can be a fun game for those who want short quick games that allow for advancement.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 2 of 24 (10,023 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11586 posts

Oct 18, 2012

I like this game...Wow, did I just say that? LOL.

This is truly a free to play game. The options to purchase upgrades and what not are not necessary. A weapon doesn't have an advantage if the person can't play. The default weapons work fine and the ability to use an unlock key for a weapon is even nicer.

I received 2 Home rewards so far which is a plus in my book. The only downside to this game is lame walking/running sound.

It sounds like you're running around in wooden clogs. I'm sure this is an easy fix and hope to see it applied in a future update.

Message 3 of 24 (9,984 Views)
Sackboy
444 posts

Oct 18, 2012
i like the game i also like that you dont have to use real money on weapons

this game needs more maps
Message 4 of 24 (9,931 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Oct 20, 2012
The game has its ups and downs, and I'm glad I'm able to post about it, haha.

For starters, the maps, as posted above...it's not truly a "shuffle" of maps; rather, a rehash of the previous map we played on, usually. Also, I was hoping to play on the other map/stage available, but to no avail.

Spawns...okay, it's okay to get the quick revenge kill, but it Almost gets to the point that they spot me before I spot them.

Minors= I'd like to see over the left shoulder, or have a button to be able to switch over from right to left and so on. Maybe an option to wear your clothes, but with, say, just the shirt changed colors would be cool.

I had more Smiley Tongue but I'll stop there for now. I still love the game. Even just now, I had a blast playing with people I absolutely didn't know, haha. It has promise, if anything~
~Let the Chips rock on~

PSN Gamercards
Message 5 of 24 (9,869 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Oct 20, 2012

I still haven't played it. Smiley Sad  

Every time before it finishes loading, the server drops me

wonder if my PS3's messed up or if others are having this same problem. 

Message 6 of 24 (9,864 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

Oct 21, 2012

The only thing i hate about this game is the spawning.I really hate the way the person you kill always respawns right behind you.

Then when i get killed i'm right in the middle of the enemy getting shot before i can even take 2 steps.I think the guns are a waste of money myself because i bought all the guns and the 1 that does the most damage also takes more shots before killing somebody.

Message 7 of 24 (9,832 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 21, 2012

Although the game itself is solid, smooth controls, fair weapon variety, etc., it lacks balancing and diversity.

The maps are all the same elements, have no minimap for traversing them, and although the weapons aren't bad... the minimal number of them, and lack of any grenades/explosives makes for limited types of gameplay. There's no sniper-friendly maps, or open areas to get range inbetween yourself and an opponent, which means it's basically close-quarters most of the time. The balancing is also awful, respawns are random but predictable... thereby campable if you are in smaller maps, and teams can be very lopsided. I can understand giving people the option to stick to 1 gang of preference, but 4 to 1 is a bit much... some kind of hold-back system for those who wish to remain allied to a certain color would be desireable, so that way they can't fight until the numbers even out on the other side to match them.

As far as prizes, being able to unlock another weapon option for free is fantastic, and balances out the freemium/premium fights, since at least with some effort you can arm yourself the same way those who bought bundles can. Disappointing how I've asked some high-level people, and none of them said there's any outside-game clothing/items to be won besides trophies every 5 levels, and wall-mounted items... seriously? Every 5 levels just means alot of storage fodder, and we can't unlock any weapons/clothes for our avis besides in the game? :/ No likey.

Overall I give the gameplay a 7/10 for being smooth but lacking diversity and allowing freebie players to unlock gear, and the prizes for outside the game a 3/10, since it's mostly trophies and small wallhangings.

Could've been an awesome idea taken with a Sodium theme as another installment to that universe... shame they completely shelved their best production.

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 8 of 24 (9,813 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
822 posts

Oct 21, 2012

I actuall love the game but it does have a few issues that have been mentioned. The respawns  can be ridicousl and the rewards are mainly storage items. I love the gameplay though, more than most games in Home. I hope new maps will be added as well.

Message 9 of 24 (9,768 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3279 posts

Oct 21, 2012

I like it.  I also enjoy standing around doing my jig taunt a lot too.  The only complaints I have are the loud food steps, the respawning on top of the enemy or directly between a firefight and that the maps just seem weird for this game.  It feels more like an indoor paintball arena than a gang war.

photo rsz_pshomeless1_zpst3ouqfpg.png
Message 10 of 24 (9,750 Views)
0 Likes